11/21 CFP Rankings Thread 7pm ET ESPN

FSU losing would also do the trick.
This is the best shot Texas has.

UGA has to win
Oregon/Wash. needs to play in the CCG. One of these two has to win the P12. Winner is in
Ohio St./ Mich has to win B10. Winner is in.
Texas has to have Fla. St. to lose.

I don't think there's a game that Georgia "can't win". But I'm guessing the line would be really close with Michigan, Ohio State, Oregon and Alabama.

I don't think Alabama would be a favorite against all of those teams.
Alabama would beat everybody but UGA right now. 100%. Whoever wins the SEC Championship Game is gonna end up winning the National Title.

Oh. You forgot Texas beat Bama. Directly. In their house. By double digits. Silly you forgetting.
That game doesn't mean fucking shit when they are voting 12 hours after the fact Alabama just got through beating the #1 ranked CFP team and is a one loss SEC champion. Never underestimate the SEC prejudice in situations like this.

The Tech game was also over 2 months ago. The committee is prioritizing the recent evaluation points and says that Oregon passes the eye test over the teams below it.
An so was the Texas/Alabama game. Alabama beats Georgia, that Texas game is shit. Oregon, you beat Oregon St. and Washington, you're in. Then all you have to worry about is seeding and hope you don't get Alabama or Georgia first round.

So Georgia, just beat Alabama and all this stuff is bullshit.

and when Iowa wins the B10.................. oh boy.

Alabama would beat everybody but UGA right now. 100%. Whoever wins the SEC Championship Game is gonna end up winning the National Title.

Most of the advanced models don't agree with you. Neither does the committee. I guess we might find out if Alabama beats Georgia.

FWIW, here are the predictive models and where they have the playoff hopefuls ranked:

ESPN FPI:
Ohio State - 1st
Michigan - 2nd
Georgia - 3rd
Alabama - 4th
Oregon - 5th
Texas - 8th
Florida State - 9th
Washington - 13th
Louisville - 20th

Action Network Power Ratings:
Georgia - 1st
Michigan - 2nd
Oregon - 3rd
Alabama - 4th
Ohio State - 5th
Washington - 6th
Texas - 7th
Florida State - 15th
Louisville - 24th

JP Poll (Josh Pate from 247):
Georgia - 1st
Alabama - 2nd
Oregon - 3rd
Michigan - 4th
Ohio State - 5th
Texas - 6th
Washington - 8th
Florida State - 14th
Louisville - 19th

SP+:
Michigan - 1st
Georgia - 2nd
Ohio State - 3rd
Oregon - 4th
Florida State - 5th
Alabama - 7th
Texas - 8th
Washington - 9th
Louisville - 19th

KFord Ratings:
Michigan - 1st
Ohio State - 2nd
Georgia - 3rd
Oregon - 4th
Alabama - 6th
Florida State - 9th
Texas - 10th
Washington - 13th
Louisville - 21st

Sagarin Predictor:
Michigan - 1st
Ohio State - 2nd
Oregon - 3rd
Georgia - 4th
Alabama - 6th
Texas - 9th
Washington - 11th
Florida State - 13th
Louisville - 19th

If my sarcasm about UTjr didn't come through:

If you have a big fan base and seat 80,000 plus fans in your stadium then you are going to get the benefit of the doubt in college football. It's why this sport sucks.

If you have a big fan base and seat 80,000 plus fans in your stadium then you are going to get the benefit of the doubt in college football. It's why this sport sucks.
The new playoff will expose the frauds. Now, who that is going to be will be interesting.

and when Iowa wins the B10.................. oh boy.

I’d love itif that happened.
John Candy No GIF by Laff

An so was the Texas/Alabama game. Alabama beats Georgia, that Texas game is shit. Oregon, you beat Oregon St. and Washington, you're in. Then all you have to worry about is seeding and hope you don't get Alabama or Georgia first round.

I have not said that the committee won't jump Bama over UT.

I think it's likely they do if that scenario plays out