11/28 CFP Rankings Thread 7pm ET ESPN

Alabama is weak. If you lose to them, you don't deserve to make the playoffs (tbh, they probably don't deserve it in that scenario either)
Alabama lost 1 game, has one of the best SOS, and has more talent than anyone … sure they are “weak” lol. Oregon lost to UW, they don’t deserve it. Texas lost to OU so they don’t deserve it. FSU will play its first team ranked in the top 25 this coming weekend so they don’t deserve it. UM only played 2 decent teams all year so they don’t deserve it. I could go on and on. Unfortunately, there are more than 4 teams that could win it all. UGA is clearly one of the top 4. That said, win or we are likely out because of a fucked up system.

FSU will play its first team ranked in the top 25 this coming weekend

tommy-boy-chris-farley.gif

I, and to some degree, the CFP can't believe that this happened in the last year of the 4 team playoff model:
1) The SEC champs game comes down to #1 Georgia (12-0) vs. #8 Alabama (11-1), but hold on. #7 Texas (11-1) gave Alabama that one loss in Tuscaloosa.
2) #4 Florida State (12-0) should probably be in the playoff if they win the ACC. However, the starting QB is injured.
3) #3 Washington (12-0) already beat #5 Oregon (11-1), but Oregon has looked like world beaters over the last few weeks. Now, they face off in the PAC 12 champs game.

Now, what the CFP has to deal with is:
1) What happens if Georgia loses very, very closely to Alabama? Both have one loss.
2) I know this won't be an issue, but I could see the argument. What happens if Oregon beats Washington very, very closely? Both have one loss.
3) What if Oregon demolishes Washington and Alabama demolishes Georgia, but Florida State edges Louisville 17-14?

Some tough decisions have to be made by the CFP if chaos prevails... and some meltdowns will be the result here.
1. Georgia/Alabama and Alabama wins a close game that they were outplayed by Georgia and the refs made bad calls on Alabama's behalf. Alabama is in. Otherwise Georgia is an easy #1 choice.

2. Michigan wins they are in. Michigan loses they are most likely out.

3. Washington/Oregon, the winner is in.

4. Florida State wins they are in. Florida State loses they are out. Texas should be next up (if they win), Georgia is next (if they lose and Texas lose). Michigan or ohio state may be in if Michigan, Alabama, Florida State and Texas lose.

This is just my opinion. I am hoping the top four teams remain undefeated.

Alabama lost 1 game, has one of the best SOS, and has more talent than anyone … sure they are “weak” lol. Oregon lost to UW, they don’t deserve it. Texas lost to OU so they don’t deserve it. FSU will play its first team ranked in the top 25 this coming weekend so they don’t deserve it. UM only played 2 decent teams all year so they don’t deserve it. I could go on and on. Unfortunately, there are more than 4 teams that could win it all. UGA is clearly one of the top 4. That said, win or we are likely out because of a fucked up system.
Michigan is the only team with two wins over top 10 teams. Not only top 10 teams when they played, but currently ranked top 10 teams. And did it without our head coach.

That said, I think the only team who can lose this weekend and has a chance to stay in the ranking is UGA (if another team in the top 4 also loses).

Honest question. Why the ducks at #5 over the buckeyes?

tOSU lost to #2 and beat #10, #17
Ducks lost to #3 and have beaten #20

I believe tOSU has a better SOS too?

Eye test is the only thing I can think of

It is eye test. Oregon looks like a better team.

1. Georgia/Alabama and Alabama wins a close game that they were outplayed by Georgia and the refs made bad calls on Alabama's behalf. Alabama is in. Otherwise Georgia is an easy #1 choice.

2. Michigan wins they are in. Michigan loses they are most likely out.

3. Washington/Oregon, the winner is in.

4. Florida State wins they are in. Florida State loses they are out. Texas should be next up (if they win), Georgia is next (if they lose and Texas lose). Michigan or ohio state may be in if Michigan, Alabama, Florida State and Texas lose.

This is just my opinion. I am hoping the top four teams remain undefeated.
TCU got in with that scenario last year. Well nearly now that I think about it. TCU/K-State was a rematch. Iowa and Michigan didn't play this year.

Because.......OD.

That said, I don't want to hear the 13th team complaining anymore. Out of Missouri/OleMiss/Oklahoma/Penn State, one of them would miss the expanded CFP this year. I don't want to hear shit from them.
it would more likely be the 12th team no the the 13th

That said, I don't want to hear the 13th team complaining anymore. Out of Missouri/OleMiss/Oklahoma/Penn State, one of them would miss the expanded CFP this year. I don't want to hear shit from them.

No matter how many teams they playoff is youll always get someone complaining about not making it

Just like you do with the giant basketball tournament, always a few mediocre teams crying they didnt get in

No matter how many teams they playoff is youll always get someone complaining about not making it

Just like you do with the giant basketball tournament, always a few mediocre teams crying they didnt get in
True but there is a lot of difference between 12 and 68....and auto bids for everyone.

Should a 12-0 Liberty make the playoffs?
4 team no
12 team it would be 13-0 and it would depend on the committee's opinion between them and the other G5 champions.

This is the problem with expanded playoffs… people start arguing “which team is playoff worthy” rather than “which team is the best in the land.”

Four is still the best size for cfb. And I’ll stick by it even if it screws my team in this super duper rare occasion where the fifth team has a legit gripe to being the best.

This is the problem with expanded playoffs… people start arguing “which team is playoff worthy” rather than “which team is the best in the land.”

Four is still the best size for cfb. And I’ll stick by it even if it screws my team in this super duper rare occasion where the fifth team has a legit gripe to being the best.

I think with 12 especially you are just delaying the inevitable. The final 4 most years is likely going to be the same final 4 you woulda gotten with a 4 team playoff. Hell there isn't many years where you even have 4 fully "championship caliber teams" when the dust is all settled. The 12 team decision is 100% a revenue decision and not a pure "lets let them play it out on the field" type thing.

it's not the best.. because if they stuck to this and with the committe leader saying head to head/familiar opponents aren't a criteria in choosing their opinions of the 4 best teams.

it was cool to lose early, but a sin to lose late.. now it's a loss in the beginning is a sin and a loss late, isn't too bad.

why on earth would schools play good programs in the OOC slate? Might as well play some G5 schools and a FCS school and just concentrate on your in conference schedule

I think with 12 especially you are just delaying the inevitable. The final 4 most years is likely going to be the same final 4 you woulda gotten with a 4 team playoff. Hell there isn't many years where you even have 4 fully "championship caliber teams" when the dust is all settled. The 12 team decision is 100% a revenue decision and not a pure "lets let them play it out on the field" type thing.
people say that but the thing is.. there's so much parity now.. u can't tell me that there is a clear juggernaut this season.. I think UGA, UM, UW are flawed.. Oregon/UT/Bama already been bit because of their flaws.. then you have FSU who had a terrific QB that got hurt and is done... this season is just the start of more seasons with multiple title challengers