11/28 CFP Rankings Thread 7pm ET ESPN

I'm on the other end. I think we'll have a lot of upsets in the 12 team playoff. The committee's seedings (aka chalk) haven't gone well in the past is why I think so. Very few #1s have won it. Hell, the first year the #4 won it.

I keep seeing some people here and there trying to compare FSU to Ohio State with Cardale Jones after JT Barrett went down in 2014. Cracks me up

We beat Wisconsin 59-0 in the B1G title game in Jones 1st game.

FSU needed a 4th quarter comeback to beat a 5-7 Florida team in that wet blanket's 1st start of the year.

FSU is going to get easily beat by whoever they play in the playoff if they get past Louisville.

The common opponent argument is one of the worst to being with
Not as good as overall SOS, maybe, yet we have that over Oregon too.
Definitely not as good as head to head, which we have over Bama.
Or conference titles, which we’d have over tOSU and UGA in these scenarios.
EDIT: or best win, which we’d have over Bama and Oregon.

We’d just have a slightly worse loss… to a two loss perennial powerhouse, archrival, on a neutral field, in the last seconds

bro they (tech) literally were coming off a loss to wyoming the week before
you mean playing angrier with something to prove ?

Honest question. Why the ducks at #5 over the buckeyes?

tOSU lost to #2 and beat #10, #17
Ducks lost to #3 and have beaten #20

I believe tOSU has a better SOS too?

Eye test is the only thing I can think of
My reason is selfish ... ohio state is a better team and I don't want to see them again until November 30, 2024. I think the goal is to have Conference Champions.

There is NO incentive for the blue bloods or even the brand recognition teams to play good OOC games.
12 team playoffs is too many.
8 teams would be perfect. The top 8 teams would make for a great play-off!!!

you mean playing angrier with something to prove ?
no.. meaning they still sucked lol.. if you want to go that route.. they were playing better prior to the UT game last week.. look at what their offenses were averaging..

8 teams would be perfect. The top 8 teams would make for a great play-off!!!
Even 8 suffers from the same incentive structure.
4 is best except for every two decades or so, the chosen 5 might have a beef. Unfortunately, we just happpen to be in that weird rare year. And unfortunately for me, it’s Texas.