12 Team CFP Playoff

so how does a 14 team tournament work?
1 and 2 get a bye.
but then who plays to play them?
or do you go 1-4 byes still and treat 14, 13, 12, 11 as play in teams?
don't worry about it... u won't be in it :)

12-9 is "far more"? Also both have had 3 different teams in.

Now if you want to say the SEC has won far more I'll easily agree with that argument
Check your numbers. The SEC has had more than 12. I don't think you are extrapolating the new teams in each conference.

SEC - UGA, Bama, LSU, Texas, OU - 17 times
B1G - tOSU, UM, MSU, Ore, UW - 12 times

6-2 in NCs.

Those numbers are significant to me.

If you run the 12 or 14 team model, you will fine the SEC well ahead of the B1G.

But, as I point out, you guys have larger fanbases which makes up for the difference. You guys get more TV money. By not doing it by participation in the CFP, the B1G will remain more profitable by conference, but not per team as you have 2 more teams.

so how does a 14 team tournament work?
1 and 2 get a bye.
but then who plays to play them?
or do you go 1-4 byes still and treat 14, 13, 12, 11 as play in teams?
Yes, 1 and 2 get byes. 6 home games instead of 4.

My objection to 2 byes is that the CFP committee got it wrong about 40% of the time the last 10 years. So teams that don't deserve them will get them.

Also, with only 2 byes, teams that play in the CCG and play 13 games will be playing teams that had an extra week of rest.

Oregon has a pretty good chance of it. if the playoff was at 12 or 14 all these years pretty sure Oregon would have made it more than Tx
One of my favorite stats was that until this past year, neither UTs would have made even the 12-team CFP since 2011. UTjr might have made it in 2022. But, damn, that's pretty underwhelming.

2014-conference champs:Ohio State, Bama, Baylor (going with the higher ranked of the two co champs in the final CFP poll) Florida State, Oregon. Highest G5 champ Boise State @20.
next 6 highest ranked:TCU, Miss State, Michigan State, Ole Miss, Arizona, Kansas State.
2015-conference champs: Bama, Michigan State, Clemson, Stanford, Oklahoma. Highest G5 champ Houston at 18. Next 6 highest ranked: Iowa, Ohio State, Notre Dame, Florida State, North Carolina, TCU
2016-conference champs: Clemson, Oklahoma, Penn State, Washington, Bama. Highest G5 Western Michigan at 15. Next 6 highest ranked: Ohio State, Michigan, Wisconsin, USC, Colorado, Florida State
2017- conference champs: Clemson, Ohio State, Oklahoma, USC, Georgia. Highest G5 UCF at 12. Next 6 highest: Bama, Wisconsin, Auburn, Penn State, Miami, Washington
2018-
conference champs: Clemson, Oklahoma, Ohio State, Washington, Bama. Highest ranked G5 UCF at 8. Next 6 highest ranked: Notre Dame, Georgia, Michigan, Florida, LSU, Penn State
2019-
conference champs: Clemson, Ohio State, Oregon, LSU. Highest G5: Memphis at 17. Next 6 highest: Georgia, Baylor, Wisconsin, Florida, Penn State, Utah
2020- conference champs: Clemson, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Bama, Oregon Highest G5 Cinci at 8. Next 6 highest: Notre Dame, Texas AM, Florida, Georgia, Iowa State, Indiana
2021-
conference champs: Pittsburgh, Michigan, Baylor, Utah, Bama. Highest G5 Cinci at 4. Next highest 6: Georgia, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Ole Miss, Ok State, Michigan State
2022-
conference champs: Clemson, Michigan, Kansas St, Utah, Georgia. Highest G5: Tulane @16. Next highest 6: TCU, Ohio State, Bama, Tennessee, USC, Penn State
2023-
conference champs Michigan, Bama, Washington, Florida State, Texas. Highest G5: Liberty at 23. Next 6 highest: Georgia, Ohio State, Oregon, Missouri, Penn State, Ole Miss

you guys can count from there

Check your numbers. The SEC has had more than 12. I don't think you are extrapolating the new teams in each conference.

SEC - UGA, Bama, LSU, Texas, OU - 17 times
B1G - tOSU, UM, MSU, Ore, UW - 12 times

6-2 in NCs.

Those numbers are significant to me.

If you run the 12 or 14 team model, you will fine the SEC well ahead of the B1G.

But, as I point out, you guys have larger fanbases which makes up for the difference. You guys get more TV money. By not doing it by participation in the CFP, the B1G will remain more profitable by conference, but not per team as you have 2 more teams.

I don't like the idea of adding teams that weren't in your conference yet. There are way too.many variables to say if those said teams would have made it into the CFP had they played a different conference schedule.

Second, I ran the 12 team model earlier in this thread and the SEC is not ahead of the B1G, I even counted the new teams. I put it in here. Italicized is SEC, bold is B1G.

I will repeat, though, in terms of success while in it, the SEC is undeniably ahead and this is probably more important

I don't like the idea of adding teams that weren't in your conference yet. There are way too.many variables to say if those said teams would have made it into the CFP had they played a different conference schedule.
Yeah, I was thinking about this too.

Second, I ran the 12 team model earlier in this thread and the SEC is not ahead of the B1G, I even counted the new teams. I put it in here. Italicized is SEC, bold is B1G.

I will repeat, though, in terms of success while in it, the SEC is undeniably ahead and this is probably more important
Everyone looking at this is adding teams. Those are the most likely to be in the 12 team CFP. It wouldn't make any sense to evaluate this and not consider USC, UO, and UW to be in the B1G.

I looked at your post and you are correct. B1G would have had 38 teams, and the SEC would have had 35. You benefit more because UW, USC, and Oregon would have been in more than OU and UT, thanks to UT sucking balls.

So, that makes more sense as to why the two conferences were considered equal for CFP, especially if they aren't going to take participation results into consideration.

You have to ... see my post above. Those numbers rely heavily on the newbies in the league. If they are looking historically to see who has earned the most spots, then it makes sense to look at them. You can't just discount them or lump them in with a conference that no longer exists.

Heidi Gardner Please GIF by Saturday Night Live

You have to ... see my post above. Those numbers rely heavily on the newbies in the league. If they are looking historically to see who has earned the most spots, then it makes sense to look at them. You can't just discount them or lump them in with a conference that no longer exists.
whoa whoa i get it.

It just crossed my mind.