Postseason 3s
  • 2013-14: 44.6 3s per game | 27.9% of total shots

• 2014-15: 51.1 | 30.2%

• 2015-16: 51.5 | 31.0%

• 2016-17: 58.2 | 34.8%

• 2017-18: 59.8 | 35.5%

• 2018-19: 65.9 | 37.9%

• 2019-20: 74.8 | 43.4%
The 3-point revolution isn't slowing down or even plateauing. It's ramping up and reforming conventional wisdom at breakneck speed. Is this even the same sport?

The game has changed, and if you can't shoot 3s, you can't win playoff games.

Check this out:
  • Per Second Spectrum tracking data, the eight 2020 conference semifinalists have logged around 39 3-point attempts per 100 possessions in both their wins and losses.

• They've also logged nearly identical shot quality metrics in those wins and losses. The expected effective field goal percentage for all of their 3s based on shot location, shooter movement and defender distance has hovered around 52% on average. That ticks up to 53% if you're taking into account the quality of the shooter.

• But there's a massive difference in shooting luck in playoff wins and losses. On average, playoffs winners are logging eFGs 12 percentage points greater than playoff losers -- despite the shot qualities only differing by around 1 percentage point no matter the result.
goldsberry already solved this a few years back

get rid of corner 3s and allow goaltending on 3s

Lakers going to put the Rockets in a bad place tonight.

Kawhi has developed to the point where he shows that Lebron ability to have the game on a string and just decide to take over when he needs to. This stretch since Denver tied it up has been fantastic.

WTF NBA.. just come out and suspend him/ fine him.. Why take so long? They investigated and came down Lou quicker than this...

#FREEhouse

They doing my man wrong with PR;
1599769020546.png

The Lakers came ready to play.....

The Lakers came ready to play.....
honestly, they didn't come out all that well in the first qtr. Houston was REALLY REALLY bad. They looked tired, slow and going through the motion. I stopped watching at halftime, it felt like game 6 vs the spurs in 17. I did see that they somehow cameback and made it a 5 pt game late in the 4th but they are through. I hope they can squeek out a win saturday night, but I wouldn't bet on it.

back to the drawing board for my squad..
frustrated darren cahill GIF by Wilson Tennis

honestly, they didn't come out all that well in the first qtr. Houston was REALLY REALLY bad. They looked tired, slow and going through the motion. I stopped watching at halftime, it felt like game 6 vs the spurs in 17. I did see that they somehow cameback and made it a 5 pt game late in the 4th but they are through. I hope they can squeek out a win saturday night, but I wouldn't bet on it.

back to the drawing board for my squad..
frustrated darren cahill GIF by Wilson Tennis

To be fair, a lot of the Rockets being bad was the Lakers defense. They came out using the same defense they used in the 4th quarter of game 3. That hard trap on Harden, usually with a bigger player, forces the ball out of his hands or makes him shoot over them.

Plus, as I've been saying...the Rockets are too small. They are built for the regular season. In the playoffs, the game slows down a little, it becomes a little more physical and most important, a good team has time to commit to a defensive strategy against them.

OKC is a solid, tough team, but imo, they were not a team that should have been able to push the Rockets to 7 games.

Imo, the Rockets need a star level player that can consistently step up when Harden is having an off game or needs some rest. Westbrook is a good player, but he's not consistent. They also need a couple of big, athletic players in the 6'8" to 6'10" range. It's too much to ask 6'5" PJ Tucker to have to bang with bigger players all season and playoffs long.

They may win Saturday, they still have the 3 ball and Westbrook hasn't really had a game where he goes off yet. But I don't see them winning 3 in a row.

So do we know who snitched on Danuel House?

To be fair, a lot of the Rockets being bad was the Lakers defense. They came out using the same defense they used in the 4th quarter of game 3. That hard trap on Harden, usually with a bigger player, forces the ball out of his hands or makes him shoot over them.

Plus, as I've been saying...the Rockets are too small. They are built for the regular season. In the playoffs, the game slows down a little, it becomes a little more physical and most important, a good team has time to commit to a defensive strategy against them.

OKC is a solid, tough team, but imo, they were not a team that should have been able to push the Rockets to 7 games.

Imo, the Rockets need a star level player that can consistently step up when Harden is having an off game or needs some rest. Westbrook is a good player, but he's not consistent. They also need a couple of big, athletic players in the 6'8" to 6'10" range. It's too much to ask 6'5" PJ Tucker to have to bang with bigger players all season and playoffs long.

They may win Saturday, they still have the 3 ball and Westbrook hasn't really had a game where he goes off yet. But I don't see them winning 3 in a row.
I don't even put all this on Harden this time.. he's making the right passes, his guys need to just jack up shots. Don't get gun shy.. shoot em to shoot. At this point I'm not even mad at Russ for taking 3s.

Why clips not using the regular home and away jerseys? They doing the blackout playoffs tradition?

To think, a Mavs team basically without it's 2nd best player gave more of a fight than DEN.