2020 season thread

Kyle Larson has been reinstated beginning in 2021.

Sounds like Erik Jones to the 43 in 2021.

That’ll be the best driver in the 43 since a has been version of Bobby Labonte

Wouldn’t surprise me if Kyle goes to the 14

Sounds like Erik Jones to the 43 in 2021.

That’ll be the best driver in the 43 since a has been version of Bobby Labonte

There's only so much a driver can do in that car though. It's just one of those occasionally gets a top 10 type of cars and if everything breaks right, might get a win type deals. Almirola did it. They were getting decent enough stuff out of RCR to be competitive enough that I wouldn't have been surprised if Wallace got a win at the plate tracks or Martinsville if he stayed there. Jones should be a bit better than that, but not by much. Theoretically, there's no reason why RPM can't be as competitive as the Wood Brothers car has been since partnering up with Penske, but Petty just doesn't have it. In basically every version of the team, they're just a lower midpack to back marker team basically since Inman left waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in the day and Richard retired. Andretti had a decent run with Robbie Loomis (I think? Years might be off), but that's about it

There's only so much a driver can do in that car though. It's just one of those occasionally gets a top 10 type of cars and if everything breaks right, might get a win type deals. Almirola did it. They were getting decent enough stuff out of RCR to be competitive enough that I wouldn't have been surprised if Wallace got a win at the plate tracks or Martinsville if he stayed there. Jones should be a bit better than that, but not by much. Theoretically, there's no reason why RPM can't be as competitive as the Wood Brothers car has been since partnering up with Penske, but Petty just doesn't have it. In basically every version of the team, they're just a lower midpack to back marker team basically since Inman left waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in the day and Richard retired. Andretti had a decent run with Robbie Loomis (I think? Years might be off), but that's about it
Childress and Hendrick are teaming up on engine building, so that should give it a bit of a boost, but at this point, the 43 is essentially a third Childress car, like the cars are even assembled in RCR's shop by the RPM guys.

Some thoughts on today's Sportsman race at Texas.

Noah Gragson uttered "fuck" out of frustration on cable. No need to apologize.

Noah was just a tri-oval away from clinching his spot in the Final 4 and now has to win at Martinsville. The fates of NASCAR can be cruel.

Justin Allgaier is mad at Ross Chastain for a problem he himself started.

Someone needs to check where Robby Gordon was 9 months before Harrison Burton was born.

Also, good for Harrison on the win. I didn't think he was gonna catch Noah 'til he did.

Some thoughts on today's Sportsman race at Texas.

Noah Gragson uttered "fuck" out of frustration on cable. No need to apologize.

Noah was just a tri-oval away from clinching his spot in the Final 4 and now has to win at Martinsville. The fates of NASCAR can be cruel.

Justin Allgaier is mad at Ross Chastain for a problem he himself started.

Someone needs to check where Robby Gordon was 9 months before Harrison Burton was born.

Also, good for Harrison on the win. I didn't think he was gonna catch Noah 'til he did.
As a fan of Kaulig Racing(the 10, 11 and sometimes 16), I'm glad Burton caught Gragson. Keeps Haley and Chastain both very much alive for the final 4, but Allgaier can eat a dick. He can be mad all he wants, but he drove in too deep and ruined the race for himself, Chastain and Brandon Jones along with a couple also rans.

I like Jr as a person(never was a fan as a driver), but I don't like any of his full time drivers.

As a fan of Kaulig Racing(the 10, 11 and sometimes 16), I'm glad Burton caught Gragson. Keeps Haley and Chastain both very much alive for the final 4, but Allgaier can eat a dick. He can be mad all he wants, but he drove in too deep and ruined the race for himself, Chastain and Brandon Jones along with a couple also rans.

I like Jr as a person(never was a fan as a driver), but I don't like any of his full time drivers.
Yeah Chastain would have locked himself in if lil gator doesnt try to run him up the track. Chastain should be more mad than Allgaier. he gets to the next corner without incident & he runs away for the checkers.

Super impressed with that final lap by Burton. I did feel for gragson though. You know he wanted to cry.

Yeah Chastain would have locked himself in if lil gator doesnt try to run him up the track. Chastain should be more mad than Allgaier. he gets to the next corner without incident & he runs away for the checkers.

Super impressed with that final lap by Burton. I did feel for gragson though. You know he wanted to cry.
I'm not capable of feeling bad for Gragson. There's just something about him that I don't like.

I'm not capable of feeling bad for Gragson. There's just something about him that I don't like.
yeah I dont keep track of the Busch series as much as Cup. You just know as a racecar driver how he is feeling.
Thinking he is locked in to the final 4 to most likely not making the final 4.
That close too. Has to be gut wrenching.

yeah I dont keep track of the Busch series as much as Cup. You just know as a racecar driver how he is feeling.
Thinking he is locked in to the final 4 to most likely not making the final 4.
That close too. Has to be gut wrenching.
It's gotta sting, but as someone not on the track, regardless of what happens with the final 4, Chase Briscoe is this year's Busch Champion and Kevin Harvick is this year's Cup champion as far as I'm concerned.

It's gotta sting, but as someone not on the track, regardless of what happens with the final 4, Chase Briscoe is this year's Busch Champion and Kevin Harvick is this year's Cup champion as far as I'm concerned.
I heard Briscoe is going to SHR next year to replace Bowyer.

I heard Briscoe is going to SHR next year to replace Bowyer.
He is. I don't see him being much more than a decent driver in Cup, but he's probably gonna end up with at least 10 wins in Busch, so there's no point in keeping him down.

I'm surprised the Truck race at Texas didn't have a fight.

Johnny Sauter continues to make friends.

Chandler Smith's day went from bad to worse to fuck all.

Sheldon Creed won by staying ahead of other people's shit.

Ben Rhodes is not a fan of the Kyle Busch Motorsports program.

I'm surprised the Truck race at Texas didn't have a fight.

Johnny Sauter continues to make friends.

Chandler Smith's day went from bad to worse to fuck all.

Sheldon Creed won by staying ahead of other people's shit.

Ben Rhodes is not a fan of the Kyle Busch Motorsports program.

I watched the race. Bet on Sheldon Creed, so I'm happy. Bet the winner in back to back weeks in the trucks after a ridiculous stretch of betting on the second place finisher.

Sauter just needs to hang em up. All of his teammates are still alive for a championship, and Johnny Sauter didn't even qualify for the Chase, and a lot of it self inflicted. And Johnny don't want none, like his older brother Jay, he talks a big game, but shies away when things get physical.

But for about the 10th time this season, we get a weather delay in the Cup Series while a lower division race was ran with dry weather earlier in the day. Look the forecast, if the afternoon is iffy, let the trucks wait on the mist.

10am ET tomorrow for the Cup race.