2020 season thread

If you don’t want drivers to go below the yellow line, cut the pavement out and plant grass.

Bubba Wallace's name trends way too much on twitter for someone that has never won a race

and yes, i know skimming through twitter is dumb

This race is a perfect storm of high pisstivity for fans.

People mad at NASCAR for bad officiating.
People mad at NBC for dumping coverage to NBCSN at the end.
Newer fans and those curious pissed at how stupid that ending was.
There appears to be some angst towards NASCAR going the NBA route of being pro-Michael Jordan.
Older fans wanting Regan Smith to be credited with a win from years ago that he didn't get.

Get your popcorn and check out NASCAR Twitter.
i'm not sure what your point about Jordan is about. Jordan is a beloved athlete. He rarely talks about politics. The NBA was much more popular domestically when Jordan was playing than it is today. I don't think there is going to be a big pushback against Jordan getting involved w/ NASCAR. As opposed to let's say, LeBron James.

I think what inspired NBC to dump out to NBCSN was so it wouldn't screw with their NFL coverage starting on time. Local News gets its 30 minutes, NBC then gets theirs, then the NFL coverage after that.

i'm not sure what your point about Jordan is about. Jordan is a beloved athlete.

I think NASCAR loves his money more than his athletic feats.

So two lesser names get the blame for two superstars cheating. Makes sense

It used to be if NASCAR got mad at Hendrick or someone just as important, they'd take it out on Carl Long.

I think NASCAR loves his money more than his athletic feats.
they do, but he has his money b/c of his athletic feats + he appeals to everyone

Honestly, I don't care. Plate racing is stupid. Dega is too damn big. And I'm just tired of everyone feeling sorry Matt DiBenedetto. Quit acting like the guy can't catch a break. He's actually rather fortunate. The dude has never won a race at any major level. Not Cup. Not Xfinity. Not Trucks. And he's had equipment before starting out as Gibbs development driver and some of the rides he's had are decent enough. It's not like he's in some piece of shit that parks after 10 laps. But he's there in a Cup and has rides that occasionally put him in position to win. I'd say he's done pretty well for himself considering his lack of success. There's guys out there that have won races that don't get opportunities. You've got guys like Justin Allgaier who has won multiple times in Xfinity yet can't sniff another Cup ride. I'm over this pity party of DiBenedetto any time he comes up short. He's just an average dude. There's plenty of guys littered in all 3 levels just like him

Honestly, I don't care. Plate racing is stupid. Dega is too damn big. And I'm just tired of everyone feeling sorry Matt DiBenedetto. Quit acting like the guy can't catch a break. He's actually rather fortunate. The dude has never won a race at any major level. Not Cup. Not Xfinity. Not Trucks. And he's had equipment before starting out as Gibbs development driver and some of the rides he's had are decent enough. It's not like he's in some piece of shit that parks after 10 laps. But he's there in a Cup and has rides that occasionally put him in position to win. I'd say he's done pretty well for himself considering his lack of success. There's guys out there that have won races that don't get opportunities. You've got guys like Justin Allgaier who has won multiple times in Xfinity yet can't sniff another Cup ride. I'm over this pity party of DiBenedetto any time he comes up short. He's just an average dude. There's plenty of guys littered in all 3 levels just like him
It's not feeling sorry for Dibenedetto. I couldn't care less about him. It's about NASCAR not being consistent at all in their rulings and enforcement of rules.

Apparently Dibenedetto forced someone below the yellow line, give the win to Eric Jones, but Denny Hamlin they let Denny Hamlin pass multiple cars bellow the yellow line because he's Denny Hamlin just like they took away a win from Regan Smith because he's Regan Smith.

It used to be if NASCAR got mad at Hendrick or someone just as important, they'd take it out on Carl Long.
Carl Long got absolutely fucked because a motor he bought from Chip Ganassi was like 1/4 inch too big for an exhibition race that NASCAR asked him to participate in to fill out the field

Carl Long got absolutely fucked because a motor he bought from Chip Ganassi was like 1/4 inch too big for an exhibition race that NASCAR asked him to participate in to fill out the field

Long was a have not. Have Nots always get shit.

Dont think I can agree with that. Blocking someones momentum isnt the same as forcing a guy below the line.
Chase decided to go below the line to keep his momentum, not because he had no choice.

But I just realized that Austin Dillon has to behind the wall to change the radiator, and still managed to finish 12th on the lead lap. With all the trouble for the other chasers, that gave him a chance to point his way into the next round.