2021 season thread

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 10,650.00
Speedweeks is nearly here. I like how they moved the schedule to be more short track and road course oriented than 1.5 mile cookie cutters.

Notable driver changes:

Kyle Larson will drive the 5(formerly 88)
Corey Lajoie will drive the 7(95’s charter)
Chase Briscoe will drive the 14
Kaulig Racing will run the 16 at Super speedways and road courses
Christopher Bell will drive the 20
Bubba Wallace will drive the 23(13’s charter)
Penske will field the 33 part time for Cindric
Anthony Alfredo will drive the 38
Ross Chastain will drive the 42
Erik Jones will drive the 43
NY racing will field the 44 full time with no driver announced yet
Alex Bowman will drive the 48
Ty Dillon will drive the 96 part time
Daniel Suarez will drive the 99 for Trackhouse

Speedweeks is nearly here. I like how they moved the schedule to be more short track and road course oriented than 1.5 mile cookie cutters.

Notable driver changes:

Kyle Larson will drive the 5(formerly 88)
Corey Lajoie will drive the 7(95’s charter)
Chase Briscoe will drive the 14
Kaulig Racing will run the 16 at Super speedways and road courses
Christopher Bell will drive the 20
Bubba Wallace will drive the 23(13’s charter)
Penske will field the 33 part time for Cindric
Anthony Alfredo will drive the 38
Ross Chastain will drive the 42
Erik Jones will drive the 43
NY racing will field the 44 full time with no driver announced yet
Alex Bowman will drive the 48
Ty Dillon will drive the 96 part time
Daniel Suarez will drive the 99 for Trackhouse
interesting that Penske part time ride will the #33.

They have the 12 the 22 & used to use the 02, but now going with a 33.

Getting ready for my one week of NASCAR.

Qualifying, the twin qualifiers, the Clash (or whatever it's called now) and the race.

OK, so I figured it was about time to see what's been going on in NASCAR. Haven't kept up with it for awhile. And from scanning through a bunch of stuff it looks like the coverage is 90% Bubba Wallace stories wall to wall. WTH? Dude hasn't won shit and he's going to be the shining light of NASCAR? I get the racial angle but enough is enough. I finally got sick of the Earnhardt adulation but at least those guys WON races. I don't know what it will do to the TV ratings but I'll bet a bunch of people will do like I will if they get too woke. I'll watch the last 10 laps and spend the rest of my time actually living my life.

OK, so I figured it was about time to see what's been going on in NASCAR. Haven't kept up with it for awhile. And from scanning through a bunch of stuff it looks like the coverage is 90% Bubba Wallace stories wall to wall. WTH? Dude hasn't won shit and he's going to be the shining light of NASCAR? I get the racial angle but enough is enough. I finally got sick of the Earnhardt adulation but at least those guys WON races. I don't know what it will do to the TV ratings but I'll bet a bunch of people will do like I will if they get too woke. I'll watch the last 10 laps and spend the rest of my time actually living my life.
Heads are gonna spin when Erik Jones has a better season in the 43 than Bubba Wallace does with Michael Jordan and Denny Hamlin's new team.

NASCAR has missed a golden opportunity to market Aric Almirola to the Latin community. He's not a HOFer, but he's, you know, won races, and is also a minority. Same with Kyle Larson and the Asian community.

Bubba didn't earn a Cup ride. He took over the 6 car for Roush in the Busch Series. Ricky Stenhouse Jr won back to back championships in that ride. Chris Buescher won a championship as Bubba's teammate. Bubba never won a race in top equipment in the Busch Series. Ryan Reed was his other teammate. He won races, but he can't even land a Truck ride now.

I feel bad for Richard Petty. He stuck his neck out for Bubba when that garage door pull was mistaken for a noose. And then when woke businesses were putting money into Richard's team, which could have given it the needed funds to be more competitive, Bubba jumps ship to a new team co owned by a driver that was "done with him" just a couple years ago, but decided he loved him when it was woke to do so.

I love racing. Always have, probably always will, but I wouldn't be heartbroken if Tony Stewart's new league takes NASCAR to the cleaners.

I find it interesting that Tony Stewart can form a brand new league made up of has been drivers from all different series(I mean, Willy T Ribbs has got to be in his 60's, same with Bill Elliott) can land a deal where all races will be held on CBS while most of the NASCAR races are on fringe sports channels.

Heads are gonna spin when Erik Jones has a better season in the 43 than Bubba Wallace does with Michael Jordan and Denny Hamlin's new team.

NASCAR has missed a golden opportunity to market Aric Almirola to the Latin community. He's not a HOFer, but he's, you know, won races, and is also a minority. Same with Kyle Larson and the Asian community.

Bubba didn't earn a Cup ride. He took over the 6 car for Roush in the Busch Series. Ricky Stenhouse Jr won back to back championships in that ride. Chris Buescher won a championship as Bubba's teammate. Bubba never won a race in top equipment in the Busch Series. Ryan Reed was his other teammate. He won races, but he can't even land a Truck ride now.

I feel bad for Richard Petty. He stuck his neck out for Bubba when that garage door pull was mistaken for a noose. And then when woke businesses were putting money into Richard's team, which could have given it the needed funds to be more competitive, Bubba jumps ship to a new team co owned by a driver that was "done with him" just a couple years ago, but decided he loved him when it was woke to do so.

I love racing. Always have, probably always will, but I wouldn't be heartbroken if Tony Stewart's new league takes NASCAR to the cleaners.

I find it interesting that Tony Stewart can form a brand new league made up of has been drivers from all different series(I mean, Willy T Ribbs has got to be in his 60's, same with Bill Elliott) can land a deal where all races will be held on CBS while most of the NASCAR races are on fringe sports channels.
I despise that fat bastard but I'd pull for him to do it. I'd like to see some of the guys that have retired over the past few years get back into a car. But I'd want the cars to be different than NASCAR's cookie cutters and I'd want there be an absolute minimum number of rules governing how the cars are built and set up. I would want to see what can be done by a tricky crew back at the shop that had built a car (within some basic guidelines covering stringent safety equipment, etc.) and they got to tinker like a SOB with the engine too. Maybe the speeds would get too high with some dude flying around the track in practice at 215 mph but that could be handled by simply requiring the rear ends to be within a certain ratio. Everything else? Go for it. And make the races about 35% shorter. Plus do EVERYTHING to bring Dodge back into the sport. But I'm probably dreamin'.

I despise that fat bastard but I'd pull for him to do it. I'd like to see some of the guys that have retired over the past few years get back into a car. But I'd want the cars to be different than NASCAR's cookie cutters and I'd want there be an absolute minimum number of rules governing how the cars are built and set up. I would want to see what can be done by a tricky crew back at the shop that had built a car (within some basic guidelines covering stringent safety equipment, etc.) and they got to tinker like a SOB with the engine too. Maybe the speeds would get too high with some dude flying around the track in practice at 215 mph but that could be handled by simply requiring the rear ends to be within a certain ratio. Everything else? Go for it. And make the races about 35% shorter. Plus do EVERYTHING to bring Dodge back into the sport. But I'm probably dreamin'.
Tony’s new league is gonna be similar to IROC. All will be built and set up by Ray Evernham, they’ll all be identical, so it’ll come down to driver skill.

Also they’re gonna be 90 minute races with a halftime for pit services.

I really like the concept, but Marco Andretti is the youngest driver on the roster as of now

Tony’s new league is gonna be similar to IROC. All will be built and set up by Ray Evernham, they’ll all be identical, so it’ll come down to driver skill.

Also they’re gonna be 90 minute races with a halftime for pit services.

I really like the concept, but Marco Andretti is the youngest driver on the roster as of now
IROC. I don't watch IROC because I've never really identified with it for some reason. But I guess I would give it another try. In a perfect world, the NASCAR scene would get better. But I'm in the minority apparently when they're going to try to make me watch a lot road races this season. Don't like'em. Boring as hell to me. F it. I'd like to see just one race at Michigan Speedway with Chase Elliot getting to drive a car like his Daddy had. I'm curious what would happen.

IROC. I don't watch IROC because I've never really identified with it for some reason. But I guess I would give it another try. In a perfect world, the NASCAR scene would get better. But I'm in the minority apparently when they're going to try to make me watch a lot road races this season. Don't like'em. Boring as hell to me. F it. I'd like to see just one race at Michigan Speedway with Chase Elliot getting to drive a car like his Daddy had. I'm curious what would happen.
More short tracks is good. Road course are better than the 1.5 mile cookie cutters IMO.

It’ll only be similar to IROC in that the cars will all be the same. Corey Lajoie and Denny Hamlin could settle their argument about who would be better if both had equal equipment.

The tracks will be short tracks, some dirt, some paved.

The Bud Shootout is tonight. Like the way the schedule worked out this year. Eases the depression of football being over

Shootout about to start.

If Ryan Blaney wins I win 250 bucks
If Tyler Reddick wins I get 2500 bucks
If anyone else wins I lose 50 bucks

Was unaware that the Shootout is gonna be on the roadcourse layout. I guess that's why Reddick was such a longshot.

Controversial statement time:

I haven't seen a race at COTA, but of the tracks I've seen, the Daytona Road Course is the worst road course on the schedule. I think the Roval is awesome, but the Daytona road course was made for sports cars, not stock cars, and it shows.

Reddick had bad pit strategy and the the pit crew fucked up, so he's out.

Blaney missed turn one after a restart from the lead, he's not out, but has some work to do. I have nobody but myself to blame, but man I wish I knew this was the road course and I would have bet differently.

Fuck Chase Elliott. I hope he tests positive for Covid

Chase Elliott cost me 250 bucks with his dump and run, and he didn’t even win the race.

Is my driver Matt Kenseth competing this year or is he officially retired now? If so, I'll have to find another driver as Richard Pettty and Rusty Wallace aren't coming out of retirement.
He looked pretty done last year. He doesn’t have a ride, and I doubt he gets one. He performed significantly worse than Kyle Larson in the same car last year.

I’d go with Tyler Reddick. He’s a young guy that actually has a personality unlike most of these robots that have came up the last few years. He’ll be my guy when Harvick retires unless Ward Burton’s son lands a quality Cup ride between now and then

He looked pretty done last year. He doesn’t have a ride, and I doubt he gets one. He performed significantly worse than Kyle Larson in the same car last year.

I’d go with Tyler Reddick. He’s a young guy that actually has a personality unlike most of these robots that have came up the last few years. He’ll be my guy when Harvick retires unless Ward Burton’s son lands a quality Cup ride between now and then
That's what I've been noticing as of late. I've hardly watched the past 3 years or so. Thinking about DiBenedetto as he seems like an underdog.

That's what I've been noticing as of late. I've hardly watched the past 3 years or so. Thinking about DiBenedetto as he seems like an underdog.
He's not the underdog he seems. He was a developmental driver for Gibbs and couldn't cut it. He gets overrated based on a couple runs he had at Bristol. The 95 car he drove was essentially a 5th Gibbs car, it wasn't holding him back, and now he's in a lame duck season in the 21 ride. This year is probably make or break for his career. He barely made the 16 team playoff last year in a good ride. Ryan Blaney's results in the 21 and 12 and pretty well identical, it's basically a 3rd Penske car.

He seems like a good guy, but Austin Cindric is taking over the 21 car next season(already been announced), and if you get invested, and he doesn't impress this year, you could be pulling for a guy that will be going back to 25th place rides.

I'll turn 30 in March. I was at the Spring Atlanta race for my 10th birthday in 2001 when Kevin Harvick won his first race. I've been a Harvick fan for 20 years. Gonna be weird when he hangs em up. I just hope when he retires, he retires. It was sad watching the Labonte brothers after their best days were long gone.