2021 season thread

He's not the underdog he seems. He was a developmental driver for Gibbs and couldn't cut it. He gets overrated based on a couple runs he had at Bristol. The 95 car he drove was essentially a 5th Gibbs car, it wasn't holding him back, and now he's in a lame duck season in the 21 ride. This year is probably make or break for his career. He barely made the 16 team playoff last year in a good ride. Ryan Blaney's results in the 21 and 12 and pretty well identical, it's basically a 3rd Penske car.

He seems like a good guy, but Austin Cindric is taking over the 21 car next season(already been announced), and if you get invested, and he doesn't impress this year, you could be pulling for a guy that will be going back to 25th place rides.

I'll turn 30 in March. I was at the Spring Atlanta race for my 10th birthday in 2001 when Kevin Harvick won his first race. I've been a Harvick fan for 20 years. Gonna be weird when he hangs em up. I just hope when he retires, he retires. It was sad watching the Labonte brothers after their best days were long gone.
Gotcha, maybe Sunday I can determine a driver and get back to following closer. Just odd not to watch the sport that I learned how to count and watched since birth basically. I turned 30 in December.

Update to the OP.

The 44 NY Racing team had their plans fall through.

Floyd Mayweather is starting a team that should run in some capacity this season.

The 49 switched to the 13

Tommy Baldwin Racing switched to the 71 and will run part time

Gotcha, maybe Sunday I can determine a driver and get back to following closer. Just odd not to watch the sport that I learned how to count and watched since birth basically. I turned 30 in December.
This is the best crop of young talent Since the late 90’s/early 00’s when Stewart, Kenseth, Dale Jr, Harvick, Kurt Busch, Jimmie Johnson, Ryan Newman and Greg Biffle all came up. Most of them lack the personality that made that era so fun, but they’re damn sure talented

Got qualifying on in the background.

I gotta say, that Armor All paint job on the 43 is one sharp looking ride. I know the traditionalists won't like an orange and black 43, but that thing looks sharp.

Got qualifying on in the background.

I gotta say, that Armor All paint job on the 43 is one sharp looking ride. I know the traditionalists won't like an orange and black 43, but that thing looks sharp.

The die cast would look good in my collection.

Tony Stewart on the Busch Series broadcast. Guess all the rumors of him being pissed at NASCAR was just rumors.

But I do hope his new league takes off. I really like the premise.

Looks like Ty Dillon is driving just like his daddy. It sucked that he took Haley and Jeb Burton with him amongst the half the field that he wrecked.

Looks like Ty Dillon is driving just like his daddy. It sucked that he took Haley and Jeb Burton with him amongst the half the field that he wrecked.
Austin isn't a generational talent or anything, but it's clear why Richard chose Austin over Ty, and it's not because Austin is the older brother.

But the bad thing is, Kaulig will be moving to Cup full time next year, and given his RCR alliance, Ty's probably gonna get the ride.

OK, so I figured it was about time to see what's been going on in NASCAR. Haven't kept up with it for awhile. And from scanning through a bunch of stuff it looks like the coverage is 90% Bubba Wallace stories wall to wall. WTH? Dude hasn't won shit and he's going to be the shining light of NASCAR? I get the racial angle but enough is enough. I finally got sick of the Earnhardt adulation but at least those guys WON races. I don't know what it will do to the TV ratings but I'll bet a bunch of people will do like I will if they get too woke. I'll watch the last 10 laps and spend the rest of my time actually living my life.
I’m sure bubba’s car has a bigger restrictor plate than everyone else. Can you imagine if Jordan’s car wins the Daytona 500, how many new fans it would bring to nascar.

Controversial statement time:

I haven't seen a race at COTA, but of the tracks I've seen, the Daytona Road Course is the worst road course on the schedule. I think the Roval is awesome, but the Daytona road course was made for sports cars, not stock cars, and it shows.
well they definitely set up the roadcourse so people can dump a leader for the win. You know how Nascar likes Controversy on their terms.
I still think you dump a driver for a win you should get the Rudd treatment.
Funny how Nascar says yeah we understand dumping a driver for a victory but acts all shocked when a driver gets dumped in retaliation. (they should look at it the opposite)

if you are looking for a driver to root for full time. I wouldnt use a plate race to pick that driver. I would wait til they get to a track they can actually drive the race cars.
BTW Dibenedetto seems to have a good head on his shoulders.
if you are looking for a top driver (favorite to win) to root for. he wont be for you, but if you are looking for other qualities. he would be a good choice.

Heads are gonna spin when Erik Jones has a better season in the 43 than Bubba Wallace does with Michael Jordan and Denny Hamlin's new team.

NASCAR has missed a golden opportunity to market Aric Almirola to the Latin community. He's not a HOFer, but he's, you know, won races, and is also a minority. Same with Kyle Larson and the Asian community.

Bubba didn't earn a Cup ride. He took over the 6 car for Roush in the Busch Series. Ricky Stenhouse Jr won back to back championships in that ride. Chris Buescher won a championship as Bubba's teammate. Bubba never won a race in top equipment in the Busch Series. Ryan Reed was his other teammate. He won races, but he can't even land a Truck ride now.

I feel bad for Richard Petty. He stuck his neck out for Bubba when that garage door pull was mistaken for a noose. And then when woke businesses were putting money into Richard's team, which could have given it the needed funds to be more competitive, Bubba jumps ship to a new team co owned by a driver that was "done with him" just a couple years ago, but decided he loved him when it was woke to do so.

I love racing. Always have, probably always will, but I wouldn't be heartbroken if Tony Stewart's new league takes NASCAR to the cleaners.

I find it interesting that Tony Stewart can form a brand new league made up of has been drivers from all different series(I mean, Willy T Ribbs has got to be in his 60's, same with Bill Elliott) can land a deal where all races will be held on CBS while most of the NASCAR races are on fringe sports channels.
Bubba has the ride this year. It's a put up or shut up year for him and his fans. He was on FS1 earlier this week, and he told Shannon Sharpe that he can't wait to shut up his haters, lmao.

and tbh, latinos being the center of conversation only happens when the topic is about immigration. Other than that, nobody seems to care. Major League Baseball never gets credit for having a healthy latino representation. The NBA never gets criticized for having very little latino representation. Meanwhile, the MLB gets knocked on a regular basis for not having many black american players.

well they definitely set up the roadcourse so people can dump a leader for the win. You know how Nascar likes Controversy on their terms.
I still think you dump a driver for a win you should get the Rudd treatment.
Funny how Nascar says yeah we understand dumping a driver for a victory but acts all shocked when a driver gets dumped in retaliation. (they should look at it the opposite)
What Clash were you watching? Chase Elliott dumped Ryan Blaney, which fucked me out of 250 bucks, but then let Kyle Busch pass him too.

You can’t expect the same etiquette at the highest levels as you do the local levels. It’s not as personal, and the drivers don’t have their houses mortgaged on their cars.

Personally, I lose respect for any driver that doesn’t dump Denny Hamlin for the win if the have the opportunity

Race should start at 12:30

What Clash were you watching? Chase Elliott dumped Ryan Blaney, which fucked me out of 250 bucks, but then let Kyle Busch pass him too.

You can’t expect the same etiquette at the highest levels as you do the local levels. It’s not as personal, and the drivers don’t have their houses mortgaged on their cars.

Personally, I lose respect for any driver that doesn’t dump Denny Hamlin for the win if the have the opportunity
I watched the clash on the road course where it is set up to dump a driver for the win. Which is exactly the point I was making.
Yeah he didnt win but that is why he did it. So he could have a chance to win.
It doesnt take skill to dump somebody. That isnt racing. But somehow it is ok.
You can have a start & parker dump a driver.

I watched the clash on the road course where it is set up to dump a driver for the win. Which is exactly the point I was making.
Yeah he didnt win but that is why he did it. So he could have a chance to win.
It doesnt take skill to dump somebody. That isnt racing. But somehow it is ok.
You can have a start & parker dump a driver.
I think Chase drove it in deep to try and win a non points paying exhibition race. Again, using local track rules and etiquette doesn't work with a nationally touring top series. It's not as personal. Fuck Chase for doing it. I had money on Ryan Blaney, but at the same time, he's paid to try and win. And if the leader is gonna aggressively block, he gets whatever is coming. Kevin Harvick not moving Joey Logano when he was doing some bold blocking ultimately cost him a shot to win the championship in this retarded points system(he's the 2020 champ in my eyes regardless)

Start and parkers aren't a thing anymore. Instead, you have 8-10 cars running 3/4 speed getting in the way all race. Rick Ware Racing has 4 full time cars, all have charters. They don't start and park, but it would probably be better if they did.

I think Chase drove it in deep to try and win a non points paying exhibition race. Again, using local track rules and etiquette doesn't work with a nationally touring top series. It's not as personal. Fuck Chase for doing it. I had money on Ryan Blaney, but at the same time, he's paid to try and win. And if the leader is gonna aggressively block, he gets whatever is coming. Kevin Harvick not moving Joey Logano when he was doing some bold blocking ultimately cost him a shot to win the championship in this retarded points system(he's the 2020 champ in my eyes regardless)

Start and parkers aren't a thing anymore. Instead, you have 8-10 cars running 3/4 speed getting in the way all race. Rick Ware Racing has 4 full time cars, all have charters. They don't start and park, but it would probably be better if they did.
I dont think anyone is gonna get to crazy about a non points race either. Just saying the track is set it for dumping every time they race this track.
You know Nascar. Whatever sells tickets.
& you are never gonna get me to disagree with you on how stupid the championship is "given" out nowadays.

I dont think anyone is gonna get to crazy about a non points race either. Just saying the track is set it for dumping every time they race this track.
You know Nascar. Whatever sells tickets.
& you are never gonna get me to disagree with you on how stupid the championship is "given" out nowadays.
The track has been around forever. Mostly for IMSA and sports car races. You put stock cars on a track not designed for them, the results usually aren't good. It would be like F1 racing at Bristol.

Which winner would make the race seem more rigged, Bubba Wallace(the driver NASCAR desperately wants to win) or Austin Dillon(driver of the 3 car on the 20th anniversary of Dale Sr's death, he did win on the 20th anniversary of Dale Sr's Daytona 500 win)?