2021 season thread

LOL race could have been nearly done or at least halfway through had they changed the start time to 12:30 or 1 PM EST

My prediction:

They start the race on time, and then have a long rain delay and it starts back around 8 PM

Question have they done away with the Cone rule for cautions?
Or just not doing it on plate races?

14 laps in and we have the big one

well Ryan is already out :gaah:

well at least Ryan newman got 8 points from the duels

Now its fuckin' raining. :facepalm:

Screenshot_20210214-163246_WFTV Weather.jpg
I'm 54 miles due west of Daytona.. one more lil go around then they are clear. This is right now too btw

Look forward for the 500 all winter and because of Nascar and TV start times I will not get to watch it now as I have to be up at 3 am.

Look forward for the 500 all winter and because of Nascar and TV start times I will not get to watch it now as I have to be up at 3 am.
They try to attract new fans with the start time, but all they do is turn away fans because of the late afternoon rain that tends to happen often in Florida, and pisses off the fans they do have. Last year they had a string of about 6 straight races with a weather delay. A lot of them could have been prevented with an earlier start time.

Jayski says there's a cell in Lakeland(I didn't study Florida geography, so I don't know where that is in relation to Daytona) and if it misses the track, the race will be finished tonight, but if it hits the track, it'll be ran on a Monday for the second year in a row.

Jayski says there's a cell in Lakeland(I didn't study Florida geography, so I don't know where that is in relation to Daytona) and if it misses the track, the race will be finished tonight, but if it hits the track, it'll be ran on a Monday for the second year in a row.
at this point hopefully they run it tomorrow

Sounds like it's either gonna be a real late night or this is gonna be tomorrow. If the rain misses the track, 8:30 is probably the earliest it could start back

back to racing in 45 mins.

cant believe they didnt throw a yellow for debris when the 24 shredded its body.
Caused a yellow later because they refused to throw one for debris.