Nebraska Cornhuskers 2022 Recruiting Thread (Commit list in OP)

I've heard a rumor on Caleb Williams, possible interest for NU. Anyone hear this?

Would NU/Frost be interested?
Sounds like it will be Casey Thompson - his dad put out a list of 5 schools and 3 of them have already taken a QB from the portal, the 4th isn't interested (at least that is what someone said, and the 5th is Nebraska.

took me awhile to find one of the tweets i remembered seeing:

Sounds like it will be Casey Thompson - his dad put out a list of 5 schools and 3 of them have already taken a QB from the portal, the 4th isn't interested (at least that is what someone said, and the 5th is Nebraska.

took me awhile to find one of the tweets i remembered seeing:

per @JedBurks and football junkies...

Nebraska is the only team on that list looking for a QB right now

things are coming into place for the Big Red REVIVAL!!!!

Yes... he'll be visiting next weekend to make it official... but things are looking good... needs to clear some academic hurdles (not big ones) as far as transferring goes, but I think he'll be N.

Also... Casey Thompson is officially!

Huge pick up for Nebraska.

I've heard a rumor on Caleb Williams, possible interest for NU. Anyone hear this?

Would NU/Frost be interested?
Caleb Williams is not going to Nebraska... especially since we got Thompson... smart money on Caleb is either to stay at OU (given the money is right) or to go to Ole Miss our USC.

my only curiosity is what happens with Chubba

We still take Chubba... we've wanted 2 QBs from the portal for a while... I think we're gonna get our top 2 choices... pretty impressive job.

I think we land Purdy, Palmer, another OL, a DL, and possibly a RB from the portal.

Yes... he'll be visiting next weekend to make it official... but things are looking good... needs to clear some academic hurdles (not big ones) as far as transferring goes, but I think he'll be N.

Also... Casey Thompson is officially!

Huge pick up for Nebraska.

Why is he leaving TX?

Because Texas took Ewers from Ohio State and Ewers wasn't going to come to Texas to ride the pine for a year so Thompson transferred out.
Thanks, yea, I read that this morning. Just wondering if Logan will now enter portal?? Not sure how that works, I'm sure there is a timeline to do. Probably closed now

Last edited:
Thanks, yea, I read that this morning. Just wondering if Logan will now enter portal?? Not sure how that works, I'm sure there is a timeline to do. Probably closed now
I think Logan is fine unless we get Chubba in here. Thompson has 2 years and I think Chubba still has 4 left. Not sure if chubba can redshirt this year

Like I said... Not a done deal, but it's looking good. Nebraska is going to be the only school he visits by the way. He's either staying at LSU or coming to Nebraska. Smart money is on nebraska. Been in the works for a while now

I think Logan is fine unless we get Chubba in here. Thompson has 2 years and I think Chubba still has 4 left. Not sure if chubba can redshirt this year

Logan will stay through the spring regardless... And... There's some chatter about changing positions if QB doesn't work out. Their family lives NU so it might happen.

yea, sorry, not sure why i missed huskers1217's post.

Yep, got him! Really good luck up... He's not Boutte but he is a dynamic play maker. The WR room continues to get more talented.
Just need a good QB that can deliver the ball. That has been a challenge in past.

Back