Nebraska Cornhuskers 2022 Recruiting Thread (Commit list in OP)

so, been seeing folks on Twitter showing some of Casey Thompson's best throws. The thing I like and you can probably go find 50 instance where i harped on AM in the 10000 posts thread, at least in these, Casey hits his back foot and fires. Quick decisions, a few even when the guy was covered, he just let it rip and put it in a spot his WR could make a play. I wasn't sure if that was AM in the past or coaching, but will avoid a lot of sacks if Casey can hit his back foot and fire here at NU, as AM was never getting pressured that quick.

Nebraska got ANOTHER portal add today... this time a RB from Texas A&M with very little experience... intriguing add considering... no RB coach yet

Got a big visit weekend coming up... multiple HS and JUCO guys coming to town... also Chubba Purdy IF he doesn't end up committing to OU after his visit there yesterday. Here are some names of some guys I know are coming into to town:

Decoldest Crawford (3-Star, WR) - Current signee, still hasn't visited.

Trey Palmer (transfer WR from LSU) - Will be in town and stay in town

Deondre Jackson (transfer RB from Texas A&M) - Will be in town and stay in town

Anthony Grant (3-Star JUCO RB) - Florida State bounce back... interesting to see what the plan is at RB here

Javier Morton (3-Star JUCO DB) - Didn't qualify out of HS, went the JUCO route...was committed to Alabama at one point

Chubba Purdy (transfer QB from FSU) - Will be interesting to see if he still visits... rumor mill has it that his visit to OU went really well and they aren't sure they'll be visiting Nebraska still. IF he makes it to Lincoln I think Nebraska COULD still land him - OU is going to go pretty hard after Jaxson Dart (transfer from USC) in the mean time. PURDY IS IN LINCOLN... I think Nebraska has a decent shot. 50/50 right now IMO.

Kylon Griffin (3-Star, DB) - From Alabama... Nebraska, Clemson and USC here... gonna be an interesting one to watch. We'll see how committable his offers are to those other two schools.

Last edited:
Bump - updated visit list

OU has Jaxson Dart visiting this weekend as well... I think Nebraska might win out in this one. That said... there have been times in the past when a player has signed financial aid papers, been listed in the student registry, and ended up not going to Nebraska.

Also Dillon Gabriel was ON CAMPUS at UCLA when he switched to Oklahoma.

Just saying, this is not a slam dunk, but it is looking good.

Small updates from the weekend:

1. Deondre Jackson has moved from a spring enrollee to a May enrollee... unsure if he will end up officially with the program in May or not but one thing is for sure, he will not be on campus for the spring.
2. There's some smoke that Chubba Purdy and Anthony Grant are both in... nothing is official as of yet, but look for announcements tomorrow or Monday.
3. There's some movement in the an interesting direction with a Miami graduate transfer at DL... Nesta Silvera could end up visiting next weekend and COULD be enrolled in the spring (last day for enrollment is the 24th I believe). This is one to keep an eye on... former Top 50 player on ESPN and 247.

Small updates from the weekend:

1. Deondre Jackson has moved from a spring enrollee to a May enrollee... unsure if he will end up officially with the program in May or not but one thing is for sure, he will not be on campus for the spring.
2. There's some smoke that Chubba Purdy and Anthony Grant are both in... nothing is official as of yet, but look for announcements tomorrow or Monday.
3. There's some movement in the an interesting direction with a Miami graduate transfer at DL... Nesta Silvera could end up visiting next weekend and COULD be enrolled in the spring (last day for enrollment is the 24th I believe). This is one to keep an eye on... former Top 50 player on ESPN and 247.
Looks like Jackson not coming

Nebraska got their first non FBS transfer commit since early signing day today. #1 JUCO RB and FSU bounce back Anthony Grant is N

On paper, this offenses should score 35-40 weekly
Did you have this for lunch ?

the chappelle show tyrone biggums GIF

Quick bump for the OP... added Blake Miller to the PWO list. I think he's likely the final add for that walk-on class.

Chubba Purdy makes it official that he's going to be at Nebraska... he will start classes in the spring. Big get for Whip and Co. Bringing in two scholarship and highly rated transfer QBs... putting Haarberg and Smothers on notice.

Which do you think leaves first? Haarberg or Smothers?

Which do you think leaves first? Haarberg or Smothers?

Smothers... I could also see Tores moving on after next year if it's clear he's way behind. Haarberg is pretty confident he'll be the guy in 2023 regardless, so I think he's around at least until then.