Nebraska Cornhuskers 2022 Recruiting Thread (Commit list in OP)

You might notice a few changes to the OP... I put the players that are currently enrolled and on campus in red to separate out those that enrolled early from those that will get here in May.

It looks like there is only one HS recruit left that Nebraska will be willing to take: RB Ajay Allen... Nebraska visited him yesterday in Louisiana and he will get an in-home from Frost. TCU, Nebraska and Mississippi State seem to be the headliners for him. He's technically still committed to TCU

Signing day is coming up and it promises to be rather uneventful... except for Ajay Allen... Sounds like Nebraska is in the running for the 3-star RB from Louisiana. TCU and Mississippi State are the other teams in the running. Their systems are likely less run-centric than Nebraska's will be which is what I think gives Nebraska the edge,

IF, Allen commits to Nebraska on signing day, I think that means Deondre Jackson (transfer from A&M) likely is found to not have a spot in May unless significant attrition unfolds in the RB room.

Signing day is coming up and it promises to be rather uneventful... except for Ajay Allen... Sounds like Nebraska is in the running for the 3-star RB from Louisiana. TCU and Mississippi State are the other teams in the running. Their systems are likely less run-centric than Nebraska's will be which is what I think gives Nebraska the edge,

IF, Allen commits to Nebraska on signing day, I think that means Deondre Jackson (transfer from A&M) likely is found to not have a spot in May unless significant attrition unfolds in the RB room.

So Frost hired a pass heavy/air raid OC for $875K/yr, but plans to be "run-centric"?

How about Frost keep his grubby paws off the offense and let the coordinator run the show.

At one point, the dumbfuckery play calling I saw on the field last season led me to believe Frost was TRYING to get fired.

Frost = Bill Jennings
Get rid of the fucking loser.

So Frost hired a pass heavy/air raid OC for $875K/yr, but plans to be "run-centric"?

How about Frost keep his grubby paws off the offense and let the coordinator run the show.

At one point, the dumbfuckery play calling I saw on the field last season led me to believe Frost was TRYING to get fired.

Frost = Bill Jennings
Get rid of the fucking loser.

Not what I said... I said the Frost-Whip offense will be MORE run-centric than TCU or MSU... TCU is Sonny Dykes (Air Raid) and Mississippi State is Mike Leach (Air Raid+). While Whipple will have a 55-45 pass-run ratio (that's his average in his career. Dykes and Leach both run closer to 70-30. Hope this helps.

Not what I said... I said the Frost-Whip offense will be MORE run-centric than TCU or MSU... TCU is Sonny Dykes (Air Raid) and Mississippi State is Mike Leach (Air Raid+). While Whipple will have a 55-45 pass-run ratio (that's his average in his career. Dykes and Leach both run closer to 70-30. Hope this helps.

Well then you didn't use proper terminology and still aren't.

Centric: Concentrated about

55-45 pass/run is NOT run-centric. There is no more/less "run-centric" when you pass more often than you run. There can be more/less pass-centric when describing what Dykes, Leach, or Whipple do, because their passing is what is "centric".

Scott Frost = Bill Jennings

Like Jennings the only way to have a chance at turning this program around is to fire Frost and give someone else a chance.
Someone who doesn't stand at the podium in a sweatshirt, a big wad of chew in his lip, and his hands in his pockets, looking like an idiot. Heck, Ernie Chambers looks more professional than Frost and Ernie cut the sleeves off his sweatshirts.

Frost has hurt this program far worse than Mike Riley ever did. That's saying something because Riley offered 1st round Tight End Noah Fant to play Defensive End. Riley never went (3-9).

Put all the lipstick you want on this pig of a project with a lame duck coach, but Frost can't even keep his home state talent here. How many 4*'s have left Omaha to play elsewhere in the past two years, 6 or 7?
Nebraska used to recruit Missouri and Iowa. Now Missouri and Iowa recruit Nebraska.

Frost is no different than Pelini in recruiting "Best of the Rest" guys who's only other alternative is to play for G5 mid-majors or mid-bottom P5's. The difference is Pelini could win 9 games with those guys.

NO. I don't miss Pelini. There are plenty of other guys that could have taken Nebraska's talent and competed for the West Division titles.
2021: 6th in the West Division
2020: 5th in the West Division
2019: 6th in the West Division
2018: 5th in the West Division

That is a fucking joke and Frost is a fucking joke.
Nebraska high school kids (athlete or not) no longer see Nebraska as their favorite team. That began fading under Riley and Frost has hammered it home. Go walk through K-12 schools. Those kids aren't wearing Nebraska apparel.

Well then you didn't use proper terminology and still aren't.

Centric: Concentrated about

55-45 pass/run is NOT run-centric. There is no more/less "run-centric" when you pass more often than you run. There can be more/less pass-centric when describing what Dykes, Leach, or Whipple do, because their passing is what is "centric".

Scott Frost = Bill Jennings

Like Jennings the only way to have a chance at turning this program around is to fire Frost and give someone else a chance.
Someone who doesn't stand at the podium in a sweatshirt, a big wad of chew in his lip, and his hands in his pockets, looking like an idiot. Heck, Ernie Chambers looks more professional than Frost and Ernie cut the sleeves off his sweatshirts.

Frost has hurt this program far worse than Mike Riley ever did. That's saying something because Riley offered 1st round Tight End Noah Fant to play Defensive End. Riley never went (3-9).

Put all the lipstick you want on this pig of a project with a lame duck coach, but Frost can't even keep his home state talent here. How many 4*'s have left Omaha to play elsewhere in the past two years, 6 or 7?
Nebraska used to recruit Missouri and Iowa. Now Missouri and Iowa recruit Nebraska.

Frost is no different than Pelini in recruiting "Best of the Rest" guys who's only other alternative is to play for G5 mid-majors or mid-bottom P5's. The difference is Pelini could win 9 games with those guys.

NO. I don't miss Pelini. There are plenty of other guys that could have taken Nebraska's talent and competed for the West Division titles.
2021: 6th in the West Division
2020: 5th in the West Division
2019: 6th in the West Division
2018: 5th in the West Division

That is a fucking joke and Frost is a fucking joke.
Nebraska high school kids (athlete or not) no longer see Nebraska as their favorite team. That began fading under Riley and Frost has hammered it home. Go walk through K-12 schools. Those kids aren't wearing Nebraska apparel.

I'm not defending Frost at all... He's been an abject failure but my point is, Whip's offense runs the ball more than the other guys, that's all I'm saying. Read into it how you want, make ask the ridiculous claims I'm sugar coating his disaster of a career here by stating his OC will run the ball more and thus likely get Allen.

I'm not sure this new revamped offensive staff is gonna work, in fact, I doubt it does. But I report on recruiting here, that's what I was doing.

Some rumbling out there that Nebraska is looking to try to lure 4-star WR Janiran Bonner away from his Ga Tech commitment. Would definitely be an interesting take considering the numbers we currently have at the skill positions, he visited this last weekend I believe. Another Mickey Joseph kid... will be interesting to watch

So for tomorrow... you're looking at keeping an eye on a high 3-star RB (4-star according to 247sports) and a consensus 4-star WR to add to the class. Could add both, could add neither, could add only one or the other. How is that for some late signing day drama?

Last edited:
It doesn't matter if Frost can't keep his grubby hands and chaw stained fingers off the day-to-day and game-time operations of the program.

If a head coach has to remove his influence from either side of the ball then what good is he? Certainly not HC (CEO) material.
At best he's a position coach that needs to be told what to do and babysat by someone who has an inkling of organization.

(3-9) is "close" tho. Yep.... Close to the bottom of the West Division. It certainly wasn't "close" to being bowl eligible. LOL

It doesn't matter if Frost can't keep his grubby hands and chaw stained fingers off the day-to-day and game-time operations of the program.

If a head coach has to remove his influence from either side of the ball then what good is he? Certainly not HC (CEO) material.
At best he's a position coach that needs to be told what to do and babysat by someone who has an inkling of organization.

(3-9) is "close" tho. Yep.... Close to the bottom of the West Division. It certainly wasn't "close" to being bowl eligible. LOL

I guess we'll see... there's nothing I can do about it. Hopefully his biggest issues was staffing a bunch of buddies and yes-men at the assistant positions and he's been humbled enough to change that. Personally, I think he should have been fired after last season. But he wasn't. I'm not gonna hope he fails in 2022 to prove my point though. If these changes take shape and we're a decent to good team in 2022 then he deserves props for making necessary changes to improve (albeit, way late). If it doesn't work and we're still 5-7 or worse then he's gone. Seems pretty clear, not sure why we should be up in arms about it.

I guess we'll see... there's nothing I can do about it. Hopefully his biggest issues was staffing a bunch of buddies and yes-men at the assistant positions and he's been humbled enough to change that. Personally, I think he should have been fired after last season. But he wasn't. I'm not gonna hope he fails in 2022 to prove my point though. If these changes take shape and we're a decent to good team in 2022 then he deserves props for making necessary changes to improve (albeit, way late). If it doesn't work and we're still 5-7 or worse then he's gone. Seems pretty clear, not sure why we should be up in arms about it.

Same here.
If he couldn't have been fired 'with cause' for the minor NCAA infractions, then he was simply retained for economic reasons. I wasn't the one cutting the $25 million check in November or the $20 million check in January.

6 wins in 2022 (year 5) is an awful low bar to set.
8 wins and at least a 2nd place finish in the West Division should be the bar for retention. I hope the suit (Trev) is in the same mindset.

7-8 wins should be the bar. Whether or not that means a 2nd place division finish, I don't know.

7-8 wins should be the bar. Whether or not that means a 2nd place division finish, I don't know.
absolutely... 7 wins should be bare minimum but it won't be. If he gets to 6 wins he'll be back.

On to tomorrow...

No signings to really look for early in the morning... however... Ajay Allen should be signing around 9am (CST) (I could be wrong on this but that's what I found).

Janiran Bonner on the other hand will be announcing his decision on ESPN around 11am (CST)

Scott Frost press conference at 1:30pm

Ajay Allen set to announce any time now... I expect it to be Nebraska... Claimed on Twitter he would be streaming on his IG: Ajay3Allen but I haven't seen anything yet

Ajay Allen has committed to Nebraska

Nebraska on track to add Bonner today as well... getting the traditional recruiting class to 18 commits. He announces on ESPN at 11am

Bonner will be announcing shortly... lots of Crystal Balls coming in for Nebraska prior to his announcement... feels like Nebraska is gonna nab another 4-star today.

Bonner on ESPN2 announcing now

Bonner's Head Coach talking right through the ESPN time frame and so they have to do some filler

That should do it for the signing day... batting 1,000 on guys they wanted to bring in for this class on signing day. Obviously still need to fill some needs via the portal after the spring. But all things being equal a strong close to the class by the new look Nebraska staff. I'll be updating ratings etc as the day goes on.