2022 Recruiting Thread

5* Caleb Burton is a Buckeye! This '22 class is crazy, especially in the offense. We just need to recruit some massive OL ranchers out of the Lone star State.

5* Caleb Burton is a Buckeye! This '22 class is crazy, especially in the offense. We just need to recruit some massive OL ranchers out of the Lone star State.
right now I don't see the big names along the OL like the 21 class..which you got arguably one of the best in Jackson. My amigo is telling me that Denver Harris (5star CB out of HOU) may be close to committing to y'all soon as well. Ewers really does pull a lot of kids. I'm actually ain't mad no more..I hope this contributes to more hit pieces and ruffles the fans on Social Media.. Gotta make sure there's no way Tom can snakeoil his ass back for another season.

right now I don't see the big names along the OL like the 21 class..which you got arguably one of the best in Jackson. My amigo is telling me that Denver Harris (5star CB out of HOU) may be close to committing to y'all soon as well. Ewers really does pull a lot of kids. I'm actually ain't mad no more..I hope this contributes to more hit pieces and ruffles the fans on Social Media.. Gotta make sure there's no way Tom can snakeoil his ass back for another season.

Looks like we are close to landing another Texas WR too. Armani Winfield. Hes a 4* 75th overall in the 247 composite

Looks like we are close to landing another Texas WR too. Armani Winfield. Hes a 4* 75th overall in the 247 composite
yeah.. him and stewert are better than Burton.. still can't figure out how he is ranked so high

@Thiefery what do you think of merging the two recruiting threads and just having one going forward? Or is it important to have it by seasons?
that's cool.. when we update it, just make sure to mention what class.. sorry for slacking.. kinda a bummer this cycle to cover my Horns since September :(

ooohhh just saw TN dropping in the class rankings.. they fell behind ou despite having 10 more commits...ouch.

What do y'all think about ESD being just a few weeks away? Is it going to have 75% of kids signed up like years past or do you think many will wait til February to sign if they aren't considering EE?

EE is sounding more likely to bring a Buckeye. Hardline has been in contact with him every day since his visit to OU. All the big insiders Kurelic, Wiltfong, and the head source have not changed their crystal ball picks, which is telling. Usually after a big visit you see some changes. Friday we will know. It looks like Hardline will win this battle. I'm another note, Quin Ewers is now the highest rated recruit in Buckeye history. He was bumped to a perfect 1.000 on composite and 247 recruiting sites.

EE is sounding more likely to bring a Buckeye. Hardline has been in contact with him every day since his visit to OU. All the big insiders Kurelic, Wiltfong, and the head source have not changed their crystal ball picks, which is telling. Usually after a big visit you see some changes. Friday we will know. It looks like Hardline will win this battle. I'm another note, Quin Ewers is now the highest rated recruit in Buckeye history. He was bumped to a perfect 1.000 on composite and 247 recruiting sites.
For Ewers that means he's the no. 1 on ESPN, Rivals and 247Sports (not the composite). I've followed recruiting for a lot of years, and don't recall ever seeing that. Not likely it remains that way as there is a lot of time and re-revals left, and there haven't been any camps for 2020 ... one of the 3 services will likely move someone else to no. 1, but it's damn impressive. UT has to be biting the bit on that.

For Ewers that means he's the no. 1 on ESPN, Rivals and 247Sports (not the composite). I've followed recruiting for a lot of years, and don't recall ever seeing that. Not likely it remains that way as there is a lot of time and re-revals left, and there haven't been any camps for 2020 ... one of the 3 services will likely move someone else to no. 1, but it's damn impressive. UT has to be biting the bit on that.

I believe Robert Nkemdiche was #1 on all 3 in 2013. That would be the last player to do so.

Hopefully Ewers ends up with a better career.

I believe Robert Nkemdiche was #1 on all 3 in 2013. That would be the last player to do so.

Hopefully Ewers ends up with a better career.
Nkemdiche, Jadeveon Clowney, Ernie Sims, Vince Young and Rashan Gary were all number one on all 3

Welp. Harbaugh get's his highest rated QB while at Michigan. Will this one actually be able to complete a pass?
5* JJ McCarthy signed moments ago, #22 in the nation, #2 QB recruit -- ahead of OSU QB recruit Kyle McCord. Though I'm sure McCord will be an elite QB and we'll be wondering why we can't complete 5 yard dump passes.

on a more uniquely positive note: JJ becomes the third highest-ranked QB and the sixth highest-ranked offensive player to ever sign with Michigan. He’s the first five-star QB to sign with Michigan in 14 years.

This kinda shows how lacking our offensive recruiting has been for quite some time.

Welp. Harbaugh get's his highest rated QB while at Michigan. Will this one actually be able to complete a pass?
5* JJ McCarthy signed moments ago, #22 in the nation, #2 QB recruit -- ahead of OSU QB recruit Kyle McCord. Though I'm sure McCord will be an elite QB and we'll be wondering why we can't complete 5 yard dump passes.

on a more uniquely positive note: JJ becomes the third highest-ranked QB and the sixth highest-ranked offensive player to ever sign with Michigan. He’s the first five-star QB to sign with Michigan in 14 years.

This kinda shows how lacking our offensive recruiting has been for quite some time.

This is true

I’m sure he will ride the pine as Harbaugh feels that Milton has the best arm and is the best QB on the roster.