2022 Recruiting Thread

While the usual suspects are at the top, some schools are getting more bang for their buck on recruiting than others. Ohio State is raking in top classes but is only #20 in spending. But look at what Kansas is getting at #13. WTF?

Recruiting Budgets

They’re now crystal balling Gunner Stockton to UGA. If that happens, you can bet your ass that either he or Vandagriff will be entering the portal at some point

They’re now crystal balling Gunner Stockton to UGA. If that happens, you can bet your ass that either he or Vandagriff will be entering the portal at some point
Apparently he just verbally committed. He’s either gonna flip or the loser of the 2022 QB battle will transfer. This came out of no where. Figured he’d back off of South Carolina, but I thought he would be Auburn bound

Gunner to the good guys:

Gonna lead to Kirby’s most interesting QB controversy he’s ever had. Either Vandagriff or Stockton is gonna transfer in 2022.
Perhaps. There is also the chance that these guys saw Trask and Jones wait their turn and become first rounders. Fans in general, and UGA fans specifically, have a mindset that QBs are 3 year players. That is true for Tua, Sunshine and Fields, but most QBs, I believe, are there for 4 years - Burrow, Jones, Trask, Mayfield, etc. Don't forget that coming in Fields said he was willing to redshirt and wait his turn. He did what he thought was best for him, but others may choose to wait. We could have this:

2021 - JTD/BVG
2022 - BVG/GS
2023 - BVG/GS
2024 - GS/?
2025 - GS/?

That means BCG is a 3 year guy, and GS would have to be willing to be a 4 year guy, or beat out BVG. I sure wish there was another year of separation, but I am glad to have him. Recruiting on O is going to be off the chain. His 7on7 teams is loaded, and Crystal Balls and FutureCasts are already coming in for those guys to UGA.

We'll see what CKS learned from the JF1/JF11 situation soon enough.

Eason/Fromm/Fields/Daniels/BVG/Gunner - six 5* in a row. Let's see if these most recent 3 can translate to some hardware.

I heard Vandagriff is upset.. he was minding his business and he heard someone say the word Cracker near the baseball field.. He ought to transfer to UT.

Perhaps. There is also the chance that these guys saw Trask and Jones wait their turn and become first rounders. Fans in general, and UGA fans specifically, have a mindset that QBs are 3 year players. That is true for Tua, Sunshine and Fields, but most QBs, I believe, are there for 4 years - Burrow, Jones, Trask, Mayfield, etc. Don't forget that coming in Fields said he was willing to redshirt and wait his turn. He did what he thought was best for him, but others may choose to wait. We could have this:

2021 - JTD/BVG
2022 - BVG/GS
2023 - BVG/GS
2024 - GS/?
2025 - GS/?

That means BCG is a 3 year guy, and GS would have to be willing to be a 4 year guy, or beat out BVG. I sure wish there was another year of separation, but I am glad to have him. Recruiting on O is going to be off the chain. His 7on7 teams is loaded, and Crystal Balls and FutureCasts are already coming in for those guys to UGA.

We'll see what CKS learned from the JF1/JF11 situation soon enough.

Eason/Fromm/Fields/Daniels/BVG/Gunner - six 5* in a row. Let's see if these most recent 3 can translate to some hardware.
JTD coming back next year made all the difference in the world.

I’d look for Beck to enter the portal though. I think Stockton will be the best of the bunch, and Vandagriff coming from a 1A private school makes it hard to gauge how good he really is.

Getting Stockton is huge though.

But Fromm was a 4 star

JTD coming back next year made all the difference in the world.

I’d look for Beck to enter the portal though. I think Stockton will be the best of the bunch, and Vandagriff coming from a 1A private school makes it hard to gauge how good he really is.

Getting Stockton is huge though.

But Fromm was a 4 star
Beck will see what he does in Spring practice, I assume, and then decide. But, I can't imagine this means he stays. He's interesting ... he's not Mathis, and I think he may be way better than people are thinking.

Stockton will be the pied piper for the 2021 class, which is now going to be totally badass, and heavily Georgia kids.

Fromm was a 5* on Rivals, 4* on 247.

But our 2022 class should be really strong. If Gunner Stockton stays committed, he’s gonna bring in more in state talent

hey.. we got a RB to kick off the offensive side of 22
1612307819774.png

Committed today ...

can't find the tweet but there was a clip of him going at James Brockermeyer (supposably the #1 OC in '21, Bama commit) in a camp and he absolutely destroys that kid.. Bear is nasty..

Our 2022 DL haul is impressive right now ... looks like we will land 3 of the top 5, with 2 already committed.