2022 Season Thread

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 5,797.00
Races that were on nbcsn moving to usa network.

The Clash will be at the LA Coliseum. A race around a football field. I've been calling for NASCAR to return to Bowman Gray for years now. WTF, NASCAR. Pissed away a golden opportunity. The west coast yuppies won't have the proper appreciation for a flat .25 miles race track.

The Clash will be at the LA Coliseum. A race around a football field. I've been calling for NASCAR to return to Bowman Gray for years now. WTF, NASCAR. Pissed away a golden opportunity. The west coast yuppies won't have the proper appreciation for a flat .25 miles race track.

Bowman Gray is a shithole for fans that want pro wrestling on wheels (and the fights in the stands as well).

The racing will suck either way though. Flat 1/4 tracks are not good for racing, especially for any field that has more than say 12 cars. It's flat, its slow, and the only way to do much of anything is to wreck the guy in front of you (hence why the yokels at BG love it).

But its actually not a bad investment from NASCAR's perspective. It's only costing them 1 mil for the Coliseum renovation and they're gonna get a much larger gate than at Bowman Gray as well as lots of other sponsor and media potential investments. If it does well, they'd be wise to invest in short track out there (something bigger than 1/4 mile though).

Bowman Gray is a shithole for fans that want pro wrestling on wheels (and the fights in the stands as well).

The racing will suck either way though. Flat 1/4 tracks are not good for racing, especially for any field that has more than say 12 cars. It's flat, its slow, and the only way to do much of anything is to wreck the guy in front of you (hence why the yokels at BG love it).

But its actually not a bad investment from NASCAR's perspective. It's only costing them 1 mil for the Coliseum renovation and they're gonna get a much larger gate than at Bowman Gray as well as lots of other sponsor and media potential investments. If it does well, they'd be wise to invest in short track out there (something bigger than 1/4 mile though).
Fontana is a short track now

But, Bowman Gray is awesome. Been there numerous times. Think the NCG should be played on the field while late models are racing around the track

Last edited:
Aric Almirola is retiring at the end of the 2022 season. Better career than most. Last driver to win in the 43.

Guess he’s had more injury problems, but I figured Harvick would be the next to announce his retirement. He’s the old guy in the field now

Tony Stewart’s NHRA team is now aligned with MOPAR. Some real rumblings about Dodge coming back to NASCAR in 2023/24.

Caterpillar will no longer be a sponsor on any car. Breaks my heart. Been around for a long time and I’ve always pulled for whoever was in the Cat car.

Ward Burton is the last driver to win a race with Cat as the primary sponsor. Some company I’ve never heard of will be Reddick’s main sponsor

I’ll believe it when I see it on the track, but sounds like Floyd Mayweather’s team might finally get going this year after like 5 years of rumors

It’s official, Floyd Mayweather’s team is actually real after years of rumors

It’s official, Floyd Mayweather’s team is actually real after years of rumors

well it makes sense to run the plate races (I know no plates are on them) since it is the wild card race where anyone could get a top ten.
but I dont see this team making it a long term team.
Like so many other ex sports stars. They will fold up tent after a minute. Dan Marino, Troy Aikman, Roger Staubach & others.
Only one I see being a serious owner is Michael Jordan. That team will be around for years to come.

well it makes sense to run the plate races (I know no plates are on them) since it is the wild card race where anyone could get a top ten.
but I dont see this team making it a long term team.
Like so many other ex sports stars. They will fold up tent after a minute. Dan Marino, Troy Aikman, Roger Staubach & others.
Only one I see being a serious owner is Michael Jordan. That team will be around for years to come.
This team has been talked about for at least 5 years, I'm surprised it's actually a real thing.

Brad Daugherty was an NBA player and he's been a NASCAR owner for a long time now too.

This team has been talked about for at least 5 years, I'm surprised it's actually a real thing.

Brad Daugherty was an NBA player and he's been a NASCAR owner for a long time now too.
this is true, but I always looked at him as a true Nascar owner. He was in about racing long before everyone thought it was cool & "use their name" & start a team. Dan Marino & others were like. I am Dan Marino I am gonna get some partners & go racing. Just not gonna make it doing that.
So yes you are correct. I just never put him in the category of I am an ex sports guy going racing.

Jordan did it right. He is in with top notch people & equipment out of the gate. (Denny, Gibbs racing, TRD etc....) Not sure if they got a charter from someone or not, but if not. I am sure they will get one soon. he has taken "race team" very seriously & started with a very strong foundation.

Mayweather sounds bored. Hey lets throw a team together & go grab a driver. I mean Daytona is a perfect place to do that, but doubt this team lasts.

this is true, but I always looked at him as a true Nascar owner. He was in about racing long before everyone thought it was cool & "use their name" & start a team. Dan Marino & others were like. I am Dan Marino I am gonna get some partners & go racing. Just not gonna make it doing that.
So yes you are correct. I just never put him in the category of I am an ex sports guy going racing.

Jordan did it right. He is in with top notch people & equipment out of the gate. (Denny, Gibbs racing, TRD etc....) Not sure if they got a charter from someone or not, but if not. I am sure they will get one soon. he has taken "race team" very seriously & started with a very strong foundation.

Mayweather sounds bored. Hey lets throw a team together & go grab a driver. I mean Daytona is a perfect place to do that, but doubt this team lasts.
Jordan and Hamlin bought the charter from the 13 car that Ty Dillon used to drive.

I don't see Mayweather's team as anything more than a gimmick until proven otherwise.

The Bud Shootout heat races were actually pretty decent with 9 car fields. I'm glad they decided to go with heat races to trim the field down, but I still think 23 will be too many cars for a flat .25 mile track.

All the heats were pretty clean until the final last chance qualifier, and that was a mess.

Austin Dillon
Kevin Harvick
Kyle Larson
Tyler Reddick
Chase Elliott
Denny Hamlin
Ryan Blaney
Chase Briscoe
Ryan Preece(In a Rick Ware Racing ride)
AJ Allmendinger
Kyle Busch
Christopher Bell
Harrison Burton
Joey Logano
Bubba Wallace
William Byron
Justin Haley
Michael McDowell
Cole Custer
Erik Jones
Ricky Stenhouse Jr
Daniel Suarez

All race their way into the main.

Martin Truex Jr gets the provisional for being the highest in last season's points to not race his way in.

Tyler Dillon took the checkered flag in the final LCQ, but jumped the restart, so got DQ'd allowing Harrison Burton to advance to the main

Ross Chastain
Austin Cindric
Brad Keselowski
Corey Lajoie
Aric Almirola
Chris Buescher
Todd Gilliland
Ty Dillon
Kurt Busch
Alex Bowman
Cody Ware
Landon Cassill
BJ McLeod

Fail to make the main.

Nascar is officially gay.

All the heats were pretty clean until the final last chance qualifier, and that was a mess.

Austin Dillon
Kevin Harvick
Kyle Larson
Tyler Reddick
Chase Elliott
Denny Hamlin
Ryan Blaney
Chase Briscoe
Ryan Preece(In a Rick Ware Racing ride)
AJ Allmendinger
Kyle Busch
Christopher Bell
Harrison Burton
Joey Logano
Bubba Wallace
William Byron
Justin Haley
Michael McDowell
Cole Custer
Erik Jones
Ricky Stenhouse Jr
Daniel Suarez

All race their way into the main.

Martin Truex Jr gets the provisional for being the highest in last season's points to not race his way in.

Tyler Dillon took the checkered flag in the final LCQ, but jumped the restart, so got DQ'd allowing Harrison Burton to advance to the main
Who do you have winning ?

I hope Bubba Smollett wins