2023 Concerts

What does one do at a music festival such as that? I'm sure liquor is heavily involved; but pertaining to the actual consumption of music, does the crowd sit in lawn chairs and toe tap or something?
Are you kidding?!

I'm going to assume you've never heard the music of these bands.

Are you kidding?!

I'm going to assume you've never heard the music of these bands.
I assume most of the lineup is pop-country - definitely not my thing. My thing is hard rock and metal - the energy in that music is intense. Headbanging. Fist pumping. Jumping. Mosh pits.

The energy and vibe at a pop-country festival I assume is a completely different realm. I picture plastered women in daisy dukes and cowboy boots falling off their barstools after swaying & singing to a twangy slow song about a failed relationship...

Zach Bryan has been growing on me, so I agree with that.

And Tyler Childers is one of my favorites.

Weezer is an odd one, but I like it...otherwise I like Lucius, Whiskey Myers, Nathaniel Rateliff, Ricky Skaggs...

damn good looking festival right there

I assume most of the lineup is pop-country - definitely not my thing. My thing is hard rock and metal - the energy in that music is intense. Headbanging. Fist pumping. Jumping. Mosh pits.

The energy and vibe at a pop-country festival I assume is a completely different realm. I picture plastered women in daisy dukes and cowboy boots falling off their barstools after swaying & singing to a twangy slow song about a failed relationship...
not pop country, bud.

more what you would hear on Outlaw Country on Sirius XM.

and you dance to it. That's what you do...and yes, there would be plenty of drunkeness, but not like Florida Georgia Line or any of that shit.

Zach Bryan has been growing on me, so I agree with that.

And Tyler Childers is one of my favorites.

Weezer is an odd one, but I like it...otherwise I like Lucius, Whiskey Myers, Nathaniel Rateliff, Ricky Skaggs...

damn good looking festival right there
I've heard of Weezer and is the only band in that entire festival I could kinda name one song. I first thought Ricky Skaggs was dead, but then quickly figured out I was thinking of Tyler Skaggs - the Angels pitcher that ODed.
not pop country, bud.

more what you would hear on Outlaw Country on Sirius XM.

and you dance to it. That's what you do...and yes, there would be plenty of drunkeness, but not like Florida Georgia Line or any of that shit.
I wouldn't know what is on Outlaw Country. I don't partake in Sirius XM and even if I did I'd skip past that channel without a moment's pause.

So how does one dance to Outlaw Country? Is having a beer in your hand required?

I've heard of Weezer and is the only band in that entire festival I could kinda name one song. I first thought Ricky Skaggs was dead, but then quickly figured out I was thinking of Tyler Skaggs - the Angels pitcher that ODed.

I wouldn't know what is on Outlaw Country. I don't partake in Sirius XM and even if I did I'd skip past that channel without a moment's pause.

So how does one dance to Outlaw Country? Is having a beer in your hand required?
Maybe you should have titled this thread "Metal Concerts 2023"

Hey guys, I'm thinking about paying $325 for a Metallica ticket so I can have the chance to see James lose his shit again and start sobbing on stage. :thumbsdown:
I hope he plays St Anger in it's entirety for you

Hey guys, I'm thinking about paying $325 for a Metallica ticket so I can have the chance to see James lose his shit again and start sobbing on stage. :thumbsdown:
those dudes jam -

That album more than anything reveals their unbridled arrogance. Fuck Metallica. As far as I’m concerned they ceased to exist after …And Justice.
Wife just bought me tickets to their shows here in Dallas in August. Looking forward to it.

I've only heard of two. Weezer and Sheryl Crow. I like neither.

I don't think I'd care much for this one. I hope it's a good time, though.
To each their own.

It looks like a damn good line up to me.

I used to do a mean pogo while new wave punking.

But I don't bother with dancing of any kind anymore.