Series Thread 2023 Division Series Thread

So it’s just a coincidence that in 2 straight years the Braves bats go completely silent in the playoffs after dominating the season and Mookie Betts and Freddie Freeman just forget how to hit in back to back years?

The format is bullshit and needs to be changed.
It’s up to the players and the coaches to be ready to play. It’s not an excuse.

When you don’t get 162 games for everything to balance out and the cream to rise, anything can happen in a short series.

Personally, I really enjoyed this season despite how it ended. I’d rather with 100 games and lose in the playoffs than be stressed out about making the playoffs with 85 wins, because you know we never win the first game of the playoffs, and I’d rather have 5 games than 3.

And to be fair, outside of 2021, Freddie has always kinda sucked in the playoffs and Mookie has always sucked in the playoffs

I’d probably be more bitter if not for 2021, but you can’t win it every year, best thing you can do is put yourself in the best possible position, we did that, it wasn’t enough, Tip your cap and move on to next season

It’s up to the players and the coaches to be ready to play. It’s not an excuse.

When you don’t get 162 games for everything to balance out and the cream to rise, anything can happen in a short series.

Personally, I really enjoyed this season despite how it ended. I’d rather with 100 games and lose in the playoffs than be stressed out about making the playoffs with 85 wins, because you know we never win the first game of the playoffs, and I’d rather have 5 games than 3.

And to be fair, outside of 2021, Freddie has always kinda sucked in the playoffs and Mookie has always sucked in the playoffs

I’d probably be more bitter if not for 2021, but you can’t win it every year, best thing you can do is put yourself in the best possible position, we did that, it wasn’t enough, Tip your cap and move on to next season
that's dumb. The race to the playoffs is one of the best things about the game! Yea, it can be stressful as fuck but it is really a lot of fun to see your team trying everything to get in.

yea, the playoffs are an entirely different animal than the regular season and you have to be able to handle that as well

that's dumb. The race to the playoffs is one of the best things about the game! Yea, it can be stressful as fuck but it is really a lot of fun to see your team trying everything to get in.

yea, the playoffs are an entirely different animal than the regular season and you have to be able to handle that as well
It’s kinda nice to be able to focus most of my sports energy on football in September

So it’s just a coincidence that in 2 straight years the Braves bats go completely silent in the playoffs after dominating the season and Mookie Betts and Freddie Freeman just forget how to hit in back to back years?

The format is bullshit and needs to be changed.
Doesn't sound like a format issue, sounds like a player and leadership issue.

I don’t know if Washington’s fault. Pillar ran halfway and stopped for some damn reason. He would have scored if kept running instead of hesitating halfway and then going back
Quiet you! I'm hating on Ron Washington

Braves also cost a run when Pillar stopped and didn’t score from 3rd on the wild pitch
I can understand that. Realmuto got to the ball pretty quick and he didn’t get the best jump, can’t make the last out at home there

I would say after the last two years is that the reality is that the Phillies are closer to a 100 win team, and there are certain factors that prevented them from acheving that.

As opposed to the Braves underacheiving.

I would say after the last two years is that the reality is that the Phillies are closer to a 100 win team, and there are certain factors that prevented them from acheving that.

As opposed to the Braves underacheiving.
Phillies roster is every bit as good as the Braves. Joe Girardi put them in a hole last season, and they had a bit of a losing the WS hangover to start the season this year.

Phillies roster is every bit as good as the Braves. Joe Girardi put them in a hole last season, and they had a bit of a losing the WS hangover to start the season this year.

That said, the way the playoffs are, I wouldn't be surprised to see them lose to the Dbacks,

That said, the way the playoffs are, I wouldn't be surprised to see them lose to the Dbacks,
I’d be pretty surprised. Never gonna be shocked at the result of a playoff series, but having HFA and a lot more playoff experience, I’d heavily favor the Phillies

Doesn't sound like a format issue, sounds like a player and leadership issue.

That's why the Mets went after Verlander as the missing piece.

Worked out well for them...

Well they weren't wrong about him, just about the rest of the team and manager.
one player doesn't always fix everything.

unless it's Bryce Harper.