Series Thread 2023 Division Series Thread

I’ve a got a Braves WS hat, that a black Jack dealer in Biloxi confused for an Alabama hat. Fucker cost himself a tip with that kind of slander.

I’ve a got a Braves WS hat, that a black Jack dealer in Biloxi confused for an Alabama hat. Fucker cost himself a tip with that kind of slander.
With all of the World Series appearances that Alabama has had, it seems like an honest mistake.

With all of the World Series appearances that Alabama has had, it seems like an honest mistake.
He just saw the A that for some reason Alabama decided to rip off and slightly alter.

Gave me the who “are you from Alabama” deal. If the laws weren’t so sissified these days, I would have challenged him to a duel right then and there

Season was already a failure after they lost their first game. If UGA can go 15-0, there’s no reason the Braves can’t go 173-0

I think UGA baseball can beat the Braves in any given game. And I know nothing about UGA baseball.

I think it just works that way.

I don't there's any way UGA can beat the Falcons.

He just saw the A that for some reason Alabama decided to rip off and slightly alter.

Gave me the who “are you from Alabama” deal. If the laws weren’t so sissified these days, I would have challenged him to a duel right then and there
I thought mississippi still had a duelin' law on the books?

I think UGA baseball can beat the Braves in any given game. And I know nothing about UGA baseball.

You’re right in theory, but never underestimate the ability of the Falcons to fuck something up

Baseball is probably a bit closer to MLB than football is to the NFL, but I think talent evaluators generally consider D-1 competition to be roughly on par with rookie ball. If the NCAA squad has the right pitcher, there's a chance.

Baseball is probably a bit closer to MLB than football is to the NFL, but I think talent evaluators generally consider D-1 competition to be roughly on par with rookie ball. If the NCAA squad has the right pitcher, there's a chance.
We using metal or wood bats?

But for the amount of baseball talent that comes out of the state of Georgia, UGA baseball has been in the shitter for a while. Really ever since Fresno State upset them in the CWS finals when I was in HS

Pretty much fans of every other team watching the Braves and Dodgers get eliminated:
dumb and dumber laughing GIF

dumb and dumber n GIF

We using metal or wood bats?

But for the amount of baseball talent that comes out of the state of Georgia, UGA baseball has been in the shitter for a while. Really ever since Fresno State upset them in the CWS finals when I was in HS
Wood bats like they do in ST.

It's 100% dependent on the pitching. If you've got a stud starter and a live arm or two in the 'pen, you have a shot. It would obviously still be a ridiculously small chance of happening, but it's more of a chance than a college football team beating an NFL team.

Yeah D1 is about equal to High-A ball. Zero chance the best college baseball team could beat the worst MLB team. you have to remember that for them to be in the MLB they were better than 99.9% of college players or international and never an option for college. There may be a few D1 pitchers that could hold an MLB lineup in check, but won't be an entire staff and bullpen that could do it.

I would still love to see it though. That's always been my "if I were a billionaire" dream...offer a group of Pro players to compete in a single game against the best college team. With NIL I think it would be possible since you'd have to pay all the colleges and players to compete. But if you dangle a $10m payday to pro players for a single game, not many would pass the chance up. It'd be a money loser at those prices, but still would be fun to watch and put to rest comments like "UGA/Bama/tOSU this year would be the worst NFL team".

Yeah D1 is about equal to High-A ball. Zero chance the best college baseball team could beat the worst MLB team. you have to remember that for them to be in the MLB they were better than 99.9% of college players or international and never an option for college. There may be a few D1 pitchers that could hold an MLB lineup in check, but won't be an entire staff and bullpen that could do it.

I would still love to see it though. That's always been my "if I were a billionaire" dream...offer a group of Pro players to compete in a single game against the best college team. With NIL I think it would be possible since you'd have to pay all the colleges and players to compete. But if you dangle a $10m payday to pro players for a single game, not many would pass the chance up. It'd be a money loser at those prices, but still would be fun to watch and put to rest comments like "UGA/Bama/tOSU this year would be the worst NFL team".
If you have the pitching, you have a prayer. The bottom third of a college batting order is absolutely going down in flames, but the mismatch there isn't the same as a 19-year-old right tackle or slot corner matched up against an NFL player, where the pro team can just exploit it the whole game.

all they did was alter the A they have been using since 1954.

I'd say Atlanta stole their A
They changed the font to closely resemble the Braves A. Was nothing close before then.

Well they weren't wrong about him, just about the rest of the team and manager.
I think they drastically overachieved last year and thought they were a lot better than they were.