Series Thread 2023 Division Series Thread

Cringe

I remember when the Mets hung a banner that said "Wildcard Winner" at Shea. Not THEE lowest point as a Mets fan, for sure, but still pretty lame
a friend of mine bought an Orioles AL East winners hat...it came in the day after they were eliminated.

I didn't even buy a Phillies WS hat last year.

a friend of mine bought an Orioles AL East winners hat...it came in the day after they were eliminated.

I get that the league/teams want to sell more merch, but as a serious fan the only thing you should buy is Championship schwag.

Unless you're a poser, then go nuts

Reactions: ill
I get that the league/teams want to sell more merch, but as a serious fan the only thing you should buy is Championship schwag.

Unless you're a poser, then go nuts
I get that O's fans have been desperate and winning the AL East is no easy task...but I'd still wait.

Do they still sell wildcard swag? That's the worse...esp when it was a 1 game elimnation

I get that O's fans have been desperate and winning the AL East is no easy task...but I'd still wait.

Do they still sell wildcard swag? That's the worse...esp when it was a 1 game elimnation
Been a long time since the early 90s. Winning a division is VERY overrated. Braves have won 196 of them.....only 2 trophies in the divisional era.

Phillies roster is every bit as good as the Braves. Joe Girardi put them in a hole last season, and they had a bit of a losing the WS hangover to start the season this year.
They also missed Hoskins/Harper in the lineup at the start of the season. And it took Turner until August to really get cooking.

Braves got caught in a bad spot with their pitching injuries. It's a different series if Morton's available.

I think they sell "postseason" stuff.

Cringe

I remember when the Mets hung a banner that said "Wildcard Winner" at Shea. Not THEE lowest point as a Mets fan, for sure, but still pretty lame
Major League Baseball Sport GIF by New York Mets

My dad bought my family NL champs shirts last year. Guess he wanted to give the kids something else to wear during the World Series.

They also missed Hoskins/Harper in the lineup at the start of the season. And it took Turner until August to really get cooking.

Braves got caught in a bad spot with their pitching injuries. It's a different series if Morton's available.
Would have helped, but it’s still not an excuse. At the end of the day, the best offense in baseball scored 8 runs in 4 games. Credit the Phillies pitchers and question our preparation. I thought our pitching was good enough to win every game except game 3

My dad bought my family NL champs shirts last year. Guess he wanted to give the kids something else to wear during the World Series.
I did buy an Eagles Super Bowl hat from last year. I like it.