GAME 2023 NFL Draft Thread

Unless you’re drafting a super rare talent like and Adrian Peterson that can play at a high level for a long time, and first round RB is a waste of a first round pick IMO.

Bijan Robinson is gonna have to be an all time great for that to look like a good pick for the Falcons considering what they already had at RB and the glaring holes on the roster
He's going to have to be an all-time great that is a major catalyst in bringing a high level of success to them, and he's also going to have to outplay the RBs drafted in the later rounds.

He's going to have to be an all-time great that is a major catalyst in bringing a high level of success to them, and he's also going to have to outplay the RBs drafted in the later rounds.
Hell, Allgeier set a pretty damn high bar for him to have to pass as a rookie too with over 1000 yards and 5 YPC running behind a line that had like 2.5 NFL caliber players on it

Hell, Allgeier set a pretty damn high bar for him to have to pass as a rookie too with over 1000 yards and 5 YPC running behind a line that had like 2.5 NFL caliber players on it
I'd be so pissed if I'm Allgeier. It's 2023 and you have a team holes all over and you were one of the few bright spots that did their job, so you get replaced with a top 10 pick. Unbelievable.

I'd be so pissed if I'm Allgeier. It's 2023 and you have a team holes all over and you were one of the few bright spots that did their job, so you get replaced with a top 10 pick. Unbelievable.
For real, and Cordarelle Patterson is still there too

For real, and Cordarelle Patterson is still there too
Think they're gonna keep Patterson after this? They have 3 RBs on the roster under 25 years old and he's 32. His resurgence with them was amazing but he's looking a little run down. Maybe back to special teams, but I can't think of how they're going to involve him in that backfield. If only he could play defense.

Think they're gonna keep Patterson after this? They have 3 RBs on the roster under 25 years old and he's 32. His resurgence with them was amazing but he's looking a little run down. Maybe back to special teams, but I can't think of how they're going to involve him in that backfield. If only he could play defense.
He might be cut. I liked him as a receiving threat in the backfield.

Honestly, if he does stay, I’d imagine he’d go back to WR since the picking are pretty slim there beyond London.

Unless you’re drafting a super rare talent like and Adrian Peterson that can play at a high level for a long time, and first round RB is a waste of a first round pick IMO.

Bijan Robinson is gonna have to be an all time great for that to look like a good pick for the Falcons considering what they already had at RB and the glaring holes on the roster

Correct.

If you're going offensive talent early in the first round, the most important pieces are QB (obviously), OT, and OG/WR. If one of those pieces isn't on the board, then you'll get better value by trading back. TE sometimes isn't a bad shout, but again you're probably going to get good value at that position late first or in the later rounds.

Late first isn't a bad time to be looking at RB. I think the Pats were probably drafting last that year. RB is largely a 1-contract position, and you don't want to spend "franchise player" draft currency on a position like that these days.

Bears stole Roschon Johnson in the 4th.

That's how it's done.