GAME 2023 NFL Draft Thread

Actually -- if Swift catches a pass lofted to him in the end zone, where he is wide open and hits him in between the numbers -- The Lions win the game.

Usually you can't say one play or one player lost a game for a team, but this is one of those times where it is pretty blatant. He was WIDE OPEN in the end zone and all he had to do is make one of the easiest catches he will ever have to make and he dropped it.
Actually -- if veteran QB Matt Stafford doesn't force a laughably terrible pass in the late 4th quarter that gets intercepted -- The Lions win the game.

Actually -- if the defense doesn't choke the entire game away by collapsing in the 4th quarter -- The Lions win the game

If that loss is 100% on Swift, then the Washington and Jacksonville games in 2020 were 100% won by him. Can't have it both ways.

Actually -- if veteran QB Matt Stafford doesn't force a laughably terrible pass in the late 4th quarter that gets intercepted -- The Lions win the game.

Actually -- if the defense doesn't choke the entire game away by collapsing in the 4th quarter -- The Lions win the game

If that loss is 100% on Swift, then the Washington and Jacksonville games in 2020 were 100% won by him. Can't have it both ways.
When you drop a pass where you are wide open in the end zone with under 10 seconds left that would have won the game. The loss is on Swift. Why?

Because even with the other things you continue to say happened -- Detroit wins the game IF SWIFT CATCHES THE BALL. Nohw if the Swift play never happened -- then yes, you could put it on Stafford or put it on the defense. It did happen and that's why it is on Swift, as Detroit wins the game if he makes the catch.

Fun read:

Choice, who coached both Robinson and Gibbs, said he knows of six NFL running backs coaches who were ticked the Lions took Gibbs at 12 because they thought their teams had a chance to land him later in Round 1.

😯

When you drop a pass where you are wide open in the end zone with under 10 seconds left that would have won the game. The loss is on Swift. Why?

Because even with the other things you continue to say happened -- Detroit wins the game IF SWIFT CATCHES THE BALL. Nohw if the Swift play never happened -- then yes, you could put it on Stafford or put it on the defense. It did happen and that's why it is on Swift, as Detroit wins the game if he makes the catch.
The time of the game where it happened doesn't mean it's more important than the others. Unless you're saying his teammates who screwed up on both sides of the ball all get a free pass because their screwups happened at different times of the game. That's illogical. Their defense lost them that game by choking away a 17 point lead in the 4th quarter.

The time of the game where it happened doesn't mean it's more important than the others. Unless you're saying his teammates who screwed up on both sides of the ball all get a free pass because their screwups happened at different times of the game. That's illogical. Their defense lost them that game by choking away a 17 point lead in the 4th quarter.
Of course it does. If he doesn't drop the pass, the Lions win, then the rest of your discussion is meaningless. And if it were a tough catch where guys were draped on him -- I'd say I completely understand.

What he did was akin to someone in the NBA who has a break away layup down by 1 point and missing the lay up to lose the game. THAT is how easy the catch was he dropped.

That being said -- I really couldn't care less about the drop. It wasn't why he was let go. The guy couldn't handle more than 5-10 carries a game and couldn't stay healthy to save his life. The best type of ability is availability. If you add up all the time he missed in his 3 years with the Lions -- I'd bet it was almost a full seasons worth of games and the guy wasn't even a bell cow RB. He was a change of pace RB.

Swift missed nine games as a Lion.

Was second on the team in receptions the last two seasons. Third as a rookie.

I’ll never have Lions season tickets and I know that anyway.

Of course it does. If he doesn't drop the pass, the Lions win, then the rest of your discussion is meaningless. And if it were a tough catch where guys were draped on him -- I'd say I completely understand.

What he did was akin to someone in the NBA who has a break away layup down by 1 point and missing the lay up to lose the game. THAT is how easy the catch was he dropped.

That being said -- I really couldn't care less about the drop. It wasn't why he was let go. The guy couldn't handle more than 5-10 carries a game and couldn't stay healthy to save his life. The best type of ability is availability. If you add up all the time he missed in his 3 years with the Lions -- I'd bet it was almost a full seasons worth of games and the guy wasn't even a bell cow RB. He was a change of pace RB.
No it doesn't. If Stafford doesn't throw that pick, game's over. If the defense doesn't completely choke the entire 4th quarter away, game's over. It's a very shallow and uninformed opinion to blame one player for one play and say they lost the entire game when the rest of the team also fucked up in a variety of ways.

I also see you continue to ignore the several games I pointed out that he won for the Lions, or games where he played phenomenally but the rest of the team lost for him. I guess it only counts when it goes against Swift/continues your odd narrative.

Swift missed nine games as a Lion.

11 games last year where he dressed but finished w single digit carries due to injuries.

Great player just can’t stay healthy.

HOLD UP!

This can’t be right? All the overnight experts told me Campbell was a massive reach at 18 and the Lions could have gotten him in R2?

That article says Calijah Kancey was going to be their pick regardless of who else was there and that he was their #1 priority.

HOLD UP!

This can’t be right? All the overnight experts told me Campbell was a massive reach at 18 and the Lions could have gotten him in R2?

Drafting a running back and linebacker both within the top 20 overall is a great strategy if this were the 1985 draft.

lol @ the Lions haters. Y'all gonna be so butt hurt when they win that division.

Drafting a running back and linebacker both within the top 20 overall is a great strategy if this were the 1985 draft.

Good strategy then and an even better strategy now.

lol @ the Lions haters. Y'all gonna be so butt hurt when they win that division.

I guess this is what being a Cowboys fan is like. They hate you cause they ain’t you.