GAME 2023 NFL Draft Thread

or even a +/- type stat that says they are better with him on the field?
I couldn't find anything specific. That said, if he's healthy I think he's going to be a monster in Philly.

I couldn't find anything specific. That said, if he's healthy I think he's going to be a monster in Philly.
I don't see him being a negative addition to the team.

and whether Gibbs is better is yet to be seen.

I still think it was a bad pick where they got him. I think they could have traded back...then again maybe no one wanted to move up an felt confident the guys they wanted would be there for their first round pick

I don't see him being a negative addition to the team.

and whether Gibbs is better is yet to be seen.

I still think it was a bad pick where they got him. I think they could have traded back...then again maybe no one wanted to move up an felt confident the guys they wanted would be there for their first round pick
Maybe the AV numbers on pro-football-reference.com correlates??

The defense lost the game for the team, let's just be clear. Also, let's not forget the ugly INT Stafford threw when he was trying to force a pass that led to Chicago's go-ahead TD.

Stafford was awful that’s true.

I like that somehow Gibbs is mentally tougher though...even though I don't see where they are pulling that from

Because you’re just a casual fan. Nothing wrong w that, but know your role…

“They said the hell with value and just took good football players,” an NFC exec said. “That guy [Gibbs] is a player. When they tee it up on Sunday, I don’t think anyone will care where he was taken. And those players very much fit Dan Campbell’s toughness approach.”

Dammit,you have to look good, too, or you just become Jonathan Taylor.

It will be fun and interesting to see how Richardson at QB affects his play.

By the time Richardson develops, Taylor will be used up.

Certainly possible and partly why it’s such an interesting situation there in Indy.

However, Taylor is a + pass blocker. May give Richardson time to make an extra read.
It will be interesting to see him learn to run through his progressions before throwing a 35 yard out pattern to a receiver 10 yards downfield.

they have been holding a grudge against Swift for quite some time it seems.

I like that somehow Gibbs is mentally tougher though...even though I don't see where they are pulling that from
I have no ill will towards Swift at all. I only posted about the dropped pass because ATF said he never lost a game for Detroit.
And I HATE the Gibbs pick. Unless he is going to lining up at WR on plays he isn't in the game at RB -- it is WAAAAAAY too high to draft a change of pace back, who will only play in a handful of offensive packages.

And with Swift -- the reason Lions fans aren't upset to see him go is -- he was used minimally in Detroit. In 3 years, I think he had over 15 carries like 3 times in a game and he STILL couldn't stay healthy. I was honestly shocked Detroit got a 4th round pick for him, but not as shocked as I was that we spent the #12 pick on his replacement.

• Helpful!
Reactions: ill
The defense lost the game for the team, let's just be clear. Also, let's not forget the ugly INT Stafford threw when he was trying to force a pass that led to Chicago's go-ahead TD.
Actually -- if Swift catches a pass lofted to him in the end zone, where he is wide open and hits him in between the numbers -- The Lions win the game.

Usually you can't say one play or one player lost a game for a team, but this is one of those times where it is pretty blatant. He was WIDE OPEN in the end zone and all he had to do is make one of the easiest catches he will ever have to make and he dropped it.