2023 Summer Transfer Thread

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 1,000.00
Well tomorrow for real transfer window opens. Looks like Mbappe wants out of PSG as of yesterday. You can have him for around $160 million. Real Madrid has jumped on board after their Drew Bellingham signing. $260 million for two players? Benzema off the books so that helps.

Rice to Bayern dead. Arsenal bound it looks like.

Bayern losing out on any decent transfer:

Rice: looks like Man City for cash and Kalvin Philips.
Kolo Moani: PSG
Gvardiol: Man City
Havertz: Arsenal
Vlahovic: lost interest
Osihmen (spelling) : too expensive.

Hey Bayern have a signing. Woo hoo. Kyle Walker. 33 though. But should help at right back.

Bayern signs Raphael Guerreiro. I like this move a lot. Made Bundesliga Top XI last season. Solid personality too like Laimer who they also signed.

And that’s Rice to Arsenal for £105 million.

Spurs landed 2 of their top 3 prio positions.
New goalkeeper - Vicario
Attacking Mid - Maddison

Need to sign a defender then I think they will look to offload a bunch of players. Bloated roster and no european football next season.

Hey Bayern have a signing. Woo hoo. Kyle Walker. 33 though. But should help at right back.
Think he is staying at Man City. Everyone using Bayern Munich to get more money to where they really want to go.

And that’s Rice to Arsenal for £105 million.
Havertz and Rice now. Looks like city getting Gvardiol from Leipzig. Bundesliga being weakened. Gvardiol, Laimer, Nkunku going from Leipzig. Bellingham and Gurreiro gone from Dortmund. Of course two of those went to Bayern lol. Bayern may no longer be able to keep up with the big EPL teams and Real Madrid.

Hmmm...maybe maybe maybe it actually true.

Latest I saw was Bayern's bid was below 90m pounds. That's not gonna get it done. To pry Harry Kane away from Spurs, the offer has to be too good for Levy to pass up. Even a fair market offer is likely to get rejected, even with the threat of Kane leaving on a free next summer a distinct possibility.

100m might get it done.

Latest I saw was Bayern's bid was below 90m pounds. That's not gonna get it done. To pry Harry Kane away from Spurs, the offer has to be too good for Levy to pass up. Even a fair market offer is likely to get rejected, even with the threat of Kane leaving on a free next summer a distinct possibility.

100m might get it done.
I saw that. That won't work. He is interested in Germany where Rice wasn't. Bayern is losing Hernandez and Pavard as they both want out. That will be around 90m combined. If they could get an offer for Gravenerch (Liverpool?) also and Mane (Asin Villa?) too that would help. To get Kane it will have to be around 120m mark I think. Overpay probably.

Was wondering if Liverpool was going to do something. Leipzig is going to suck next season. I like this deal though for Liverpool.

Marco Rose may already dead man walking at Leipzig. Hold our beer Chelsea....except Chelsea getting rid of trash, and Leipzig allowing real talent to leave. Red Bull is not oil money or American money after all. Szoboszlai (Liverpool), Gvardiol (Man City soon), Nkunku (Chelsea), Laimer (Bayern). What is left? Lifers such as Poulsen, Forsberg, Werner, etc, etc. Yikes.

Poor Harry Kane will die before levy let’s him leave.

Poor Harry Kane will die before levy let’s him leave.
His contract expires at the end of the season. Spurs will either have to cash in on him now, hope he signs a new contract, or watch him walk away on a free next summer.

Bayern and PSG apparently interested. Risky to pay 100M now when they could possibly get him for free in 12 months. However, if they don't get him this year, there's no reason why he wouldn't just walk over to United or Madrid for free instead of Bayern or PSG.

His contract expires at the end of the season. Spurs will either have to cash in on him now, hope he signs a new contract, or watch him walk away on a free next summer.

Bayern and PSG apparently interested. Risky to pay 100M now when they could possibly get him for free in 12 months. However, if they don't get him this year, there's no reason why he wouldn't just walk over to United or Madrid for free instead of Bayern or PSG.
Yeah, getting him on a free would be great for any team. I doubt anyone would pay that for him right now with a free so close, he's a great scorer, but he's no Mbappe who could also leave on a free after next season, but Real Madrid would pay to get him now, especially with Benzema gone.

Yeah, getting him on a free would be great for any team. I doubt anyone would pay that for him right now with a free so close, he's a great scorer, but he's no Mbappe who could also leave on a free after next season, but Real Madrid would pay to get him now, especially with Benzema gone.

Yeah, gonna be tricky for all parties involved. In the end it comes down to what Kane wants. If he really wants to win big trophies, he probably isn't doing that at Spurs. If he's content to be Spurs' version of Dirk Nowitski and be forever immortalized as their guy, then he can stay, get a statue and a road named after him...probably have some sort of post playing career within the organization if he wants one. There's benefits to either approach. Spurs just can't let him walk and go to Chelsea or Arsenal for free. That would be disastrous.

Yeah, gonna be tricky for all parties involved. In the end it comes down to what Kane wants. If he really wants to win big trophies, he probably isn't doing that at Spurs. If he's content to be Spurs' version of Dirk Nowitski and be forever immortalized as their guy, then he can stay, get a statue and a road named after him...probably have some sort of post playing career within the organization if he wants one. There's benefits to either approach. Spurs just can't let him walk and go to Chelsea or Arsenal for free. That would be disastrous.
I could possibly see him going to Newcastle, with there new oil money. Which would be ironic if he broke Shearer's record while playing for the Toon.