2023 Summer Transfer Thread

I could possibly see him going to Newcastle, with there new oil money. Which would be ironic if he broke Shearer's record while playing for the Toon.

Yeah. Within the league I could see ManU or Newcastle being prime options now that City has Haaland.

Chelsea needs a striker and I'm sure Arsenal would be happy to have him, but I just don't see Harry going to either of those two out of principle. He doesn't seem to fit Klopp's model at Liverpool either.

That said, if he is to leave, I would like to sell him overseas to ensure:
1 - Spurs get fair value for him and can reinvest in a replacement
2 - He doesn't walk over to a London rival. I don't think he would, but I don't like it even being a possibility.

Yeah. Within the league I could see ManU or Newcastle being prime options now that City has Haaland.

Chelsea needs a striker and I'm sure Arsenal would be happy to have him, but I just don't see Harry going to either of those two out of principle. He doesn't seem to fit Klopp's model at Liverpool either.

That said, if he is to leave, I would like to sell him overseas to ensure:
1 - Spurs get fair value for him and can reinvest in a replacement
2 - He doesn't walk over to a London rival. I don't think he would, but I don't like it even being a possibility.
I get that. Rice went to Arsenal, which stings slightly, but not as much as if he had went to Spurs or Chelsea. Hammers and Gooners seem to get along ok. If Kane went to Arsenal, he'd destroy his Spurs legacy, it happened to Sol Campbell, he was Captain, Spurs loved him, he went to Arsenal and will be forever a Judas to them.

I'd like to see Kane in the Bundesliga, not sure how he'd do in LaLiga since Barca still have Lewy et al, and RM have Vini Jr. and seem set on getting Mbappe, but may be ok if he went Serie A (to the right team).

I get that. Rice went to Arsenal, which stings slightly, but not as much as if he had went to Spurs or Chelsea. Hammers and Gooners seem to get along ok. If Kane went to Arsenal, he'd destroy his Spurs legacy, it happened to Sol Campbell, he was Captain, Spurs loved him, he went to Arsenal and will be forever a Judas to them.

I'd like to see Kane in the Bundesliga, not sure how he'd do in LaLiga since Barca still have Lewy et al, and RM have Vini Jr. and seem set on getting Mbappe, but may be ok if he went Serie A (to the right team).
Supposedly he wants Bayern...even PSG have admitted that...if he were to leave. It is long shot still. Does he really want to go to PSG with Mbappe potentially being sold, Messi gone. Without Mbappe, PSG no chance in UCL and possibly no chance in Ligue 1. They barely won that last year. Can you imagine next summer though? Real Madrid free transfers of Kane and Mbappe.

Supposedly he wants Bayern...even PSG have admitted that...if he were to leave. It is long shot still. Does he really want to go to PSG with Mbappe potentially being sold, Messi gone. Without Mbappe, PSG no chance in UCL and possibly no chance in Ligue 1. They barely won that last year. Can you imagine next summer though? Real Madrid free transfers of Kane and Mbappe.
An attacking three of Kane, Mbappe, and Vini Jr (not to mention Rodrygo) would be scary, similar to Messi, Neymar, Suarez at Barca a few years ago.

An attacking three of Kane, Mbappe, and Vini Jr (not to mention Rodrygo) would be scary, similar to Messi, Neymar, Suarez at Barca a few years ago.

Kane would be the defacto 10 there. He excels at distributing to speedy guys running in behind. Would be an unstoppable goal scoring machine were that to happen.

I see West Ham making a run at Bayern’s Goretzka

I was reading today Bayern is willing by to sell both Goretzka and Kimmich. They have seen them with Germany (bad) and no longer are the two untouchable. Goretzka has been underachieving for awhile but now Kimmich too. Problem with Kimmich is he doesn’t have a position or won’t play his assigned position making whatever partner he has look bad. Appears Bayern is looking for a complete midfield overhaul in the near future. How quickly things change.

Spurs finally got Kane the trophy he always wanted.

Interesting news today..... What to make of the Harry Kane saga with this?

Interesting news today..... What to make of the Harry Kane saga with this?

Who f'n knows man. Does this mean Lewis will want to sell the club or does this mean he will be unable to sell the club because no one will do business with him? He's never been terribly involved aside from being the guy who own's a majority of the company through various businesses and trusts, not personally held. I don't think he ever even goes to any games.

Club statement seems to indicate that he is not even a part of the club, which is odd too. I have no real reading on this, but it better not hinder our ability to sign a good CB this transfer window!

Who f'n knows man. Does this mean Lewis will want to sell the club or does this mean he will be unable to sell the club because no one will do business with him? He's never been terribly involved aside from being the guy who own's a majority of the company through various businesses and trusts, not personally held. I don't think he ever even goes to any games.

Club statement seems to indicate that he is not even a part of the club, which is odd too. I have no real reading on this, but it better not hinder our ability to sign a good CB this transfer window!
I was reading just a day or so ago he might override Levy to sell Kane if they get the 100 mil offer. Lewis owns 70% of the team and Levy and the rest 30%. Might need that 100 mil now.

I was reading just a day or so ago he might override Levy to sell Kane if they get the 100 mil offer. Lewis owns 70% of the team and Levy and the rest 30%. Might need that 100 mil now.

Lewis is worth over 5B. I'm sure whatever money was made via these insider trades is chickenscratch to him. And big names like him never actually go to jail.

That said, if Bayern would actually offer 100mil, they might get Kane.

Lewis is worth over 5B. I'm sure whatever money was made via these insider trades is chickenscratch to him. And big names like him never actually go to jail.

That said, if Bayern would actually offer 100mil, they might get Kane.
Correct. He will only pay a fine. Seems PSG is willing to pay more money for Kane, but Kane does not want to play in France although wife was sighted house hunting there too. Bayern willing to violate their over 30 rule of no more than a 1 year contract with Kane. I heard 5 years. They are pretty desparate Bayern.

Correct. He will only pay a fine. Seems PSG is willing to pay more money for Kane, but Kane does not want to play in France although wife was sighted house hunting there too. Bayern willing to violate their over 30 rule of no more than a 1 year contract with Kane. I heard 5 years. They are pretty desparate Bayern.

You know its silly season when players' wives keep getting spotted looking for houses. :lol:

For Levy and Spurs, its definitely gonna come down to the money. Spurs could take the Kane money and get both Tapsoba and Van de Ven with it. But if they don't sell, then they get to hang on to the best player that has ever put on a Spurs shirt for another year. If Bayern want him, they need to cough up the cash now because there's no stopping Kane from just talking over to Madrid or City for free next summer.

@MrFlyingV
Pay Me Parks And Recreation GIF

EPL, Ligue 1, La Liga start a week from Friday. Bayern plays Leipzig in Super Cup 8/12. Not much time left for moves and still great players out there who were rumored to move. Next few days could be interesting.

EPL, Ligue 1, La Liga start a week from Friday. Bayern plays Leipzig in Super Cup 8/12. Not much time left for moves and still great players out there who were rumored to move. Next few days could be interesting.

Per reports, it appears Kane is going to stay with Spurs this season if a transfer isn't agreed upon prior to the EPL season opener on 8/13.

Heard there's about a 20M gap between the 2 clubs' evaluation. Spurs wanting around 100m pounds, Bayern offering 80m.
200.gif

Per reports, it appears Kane is going to stay with Spurs this season if a transfer isn't agreed upon prior to the EPL season opener on 8/13.

Heard there's about a 20M gap between the 2 clubs' evaluation. Spurs wanting around 100m pounds, Bayern offering 80m.
200.gif
That is correct. 100 million pounds or more could get the job done. No Kane, Bayern has a middling season. Probably win Bundesliga, probably gets upset in Pokal…again, lose early in knockout stage of UCL. Bayern always going to get a tough knockout opponent because Bundesliga teams flop in group stage which guarantees Bayern gets a bad matchup since no German teams usually advance.

That is correct. 100 million pounds or more could get the job done. No Kane, Bayern has a middling season. Probably win Bundesliga, probably gets upset in Pokal…again, lose early in knockout stage of UCL. Bayern always going to get a tough knockout opponent because Bundesliga teams flop in group stage which guarantees Bayern gets a bad matchup since no German teams usually advance.

The way Tuchel plays, Kane would be a perfect fit. Ironically, the way Big Ange plays, Kane isn't a perfect fit at Spurs. So, frankly the move could suit both parties...and I think it does get done. I'll be sad to see him leave, but Spurs can use that money to purchase the CBs they're after.

If Kane does go to Bayern, I fully expect around 30 goals and, depending on how much Tuchel has him creating, potentially around another 10 assists in Bundesliga.