2024 Season Thread

I didn’t watch the whole race, but I hated to see MTJ run out of gas.

I didn’t watch the whole race, but I hated to see MTJ run out of gas.
I was hoping Buescher could have held the lead. I'm really starting to like that guy and he's had some hard luck this year.

I was hoping Buescher could have held the lead. I'm really starting to like that guy and he's had some hard luck this year.
With SHR shutting down and RCR having the unlikeable drivers they do(I’ll forever be an RCR fan, but put the grandkid in a management position), he’s who I’m leaning towards replacing Harvick as my favorite driver

With SHR shutting down and RCR having the unlikeable drivers they do(I’ll forever be an RCR fan, but put the grandkid in a management position), he’s who I’m leaning towards replacing Harvick as my favorite driver
I haven't really had a favorite for ten years now, just guys I don't like, such as Denny, Brad, and Chase. This isn't a sport that lends itself to rooting for the underdog, because you will forever be disappointed. I also don't follow a team, like yourself. That might make it easier, although it seems like you're having a hard time supporting RCR drivers this year.

The last guy I really followed was Kahne, because he started out with Evernham/Mopar. Didn't like when he moved to Hendrick.

I haven't really had a favorite for ten years now, just guys I don't like, such as Denny, Brad, and Chase. This isn't a sport that lends itself to rooting for the underdog, because you will forever be disappointed. I also don't follow a team, like yourself. That might make it easier, although it seems like you're having a hard time supporting RCR drivers this year.

The last guy I really followed was Kahne, because he started out with Evernham/Mopar. Didn't like when he moved to Hendrick.
I was a MOPAR fan myself. After Dale died, it was Harvick-Ward Burton-Stewart-Rudd-any Dodge that I pulled for.

I’m a big fan of Richard Childress, but I hated Kyle Busch for years, I can’t just become a fan now, and Austin Dillon needs to hang ‘em up.

I was always a Rusty and Rudd fan and then Stewart and Carl Edwards and now just MTJ. My son grew up racing against Larson but just can’t root for Hendrick racing. Always liked Dale Jarrett. Probably go with Blaney and Bell when MTJ retires. Can’t stand the Dillon boys or Denny.

I was always a Rusty and Rudd fan and then Stewart and Carl Edwards and now just MTJ. My son grew up racing against Larson but just can’t root for Hendrick racing. Always liked Dale Jarrett. Probably go with Blaney and Bell when MTJ retires. Can’t stand the Dillon boys or Denny.
I appreciate Rusty more now as a 33 year old than I did when he raced. NASCAR lost a lot of personality when Rusty retired. Always liked Rudd. When I think of a tough race car driver, he’s the first that comes to mind

I guess Sonoma finally pushed Truex over the edge, he's supposedly going to announce his retirement tomorrow. Reportedly Briscoe is the top choice to replace him. I'm surprised Ford isn't going to make sure he stays in their camp. I figured Heim or Chandler Smith would be Truex's replacement.

I guess Sonoma finally pushed Truex over the edge, he's supposedly going to announce his retirement tomorrow. Reportedly Briscoe is the top choice to replace him. I'm surprised Ford isn't going to make sure he stays in their camp. I figured Heim or Chandler Smith would be Truex's replacement.

His heart hasn't really been in it for a little while now so its not too surprising. He's still competitive though and you don't typically see many guys walk away when they're still capable like he is so that's why people might be caught off guard by it. But if you're not really into it, why bother riding around every week in a gradual decline?

Truex is retiring.

He was a late bloomer, but wound up putting together a hell of a career. I have no doubt he’d be in the 50 win club had he not wasted so many years at the ghost of DEI and MWR

Ford probably realizes what everyone else realized...Briscoe really ain't that great

So Haas is keeping a charter and keeping the 2 Xfinity teams. Custer's dad will be the boss, so you can almost guarantee he's coming back to Cup. Him and Preece are essentially swapping seats.
That leaves 2 charters left instead of 3.

I say Berry and Gragson end up at FRM.

Rumor is that someone with deep pockets helped 23XI purchase a 3rd charter. Herbst fits that bill.

That leaves 1 charter unspoken for, which most likely will be Trackhouse for SVG.

Rumor is that someone with deep pockets helped 23XI purchase a 3rd charter. Herbst fits that bill.

This is gonna be a mistake. They've grown nicely from a 1 car to 2 car team and being one that consistently has both cars capable of being in the Top 10 each week and mixing it up for wins (Reddick more than Wallace but both are still capable). But its HARD going from 2 to 3. To do so this soon can really mess things up and you end up with no one running well. There's reasons for this but without getting too lengthy, its just hard to maintain quality across 3 cars without having a large team infrastructure.

This is gonna be a mistake. They've grown nicely from a 1 car to 2 car team and being one that consistently has both cars capable of being in the Top 10 each week and mixing it up for wins (Reddick more than Wallace but both are still capable). But its HARD going from 2 to 3. To do so this soon can really mess things up and you end up with no one running well. There's reasons for this but without getting too lengthy, its just hard to maintain quality across 3 cars without having a large team infrastructure.
I agree, but I think we all know by now that it isn't about performance as much as it is about just making money with the charter system.

I think more and more people are starting to see just how big of a pussy Kyle Larson is. He manages to be the dirtiest driver on the track, but still get pushed around because he won’t stand up for himself. Spotter spoke some truth and he pitched a fit. Zero respect for him as a man

God what a shit show Nascar has turned this race into.

God what a shit show Nascar has turned this race into.
The first one was always gonna be a shit show, but it’s a good step forward to be able to run when it’s when on flat ovals.

Personally if they would have called the race, I’d be making an 835 dollar profit on winning 4 of 5 group bets including +1200 for Tyler Reddick finishing ahead of Hamlin, Larson and Bell, so this likely gonna screw me over, but this gonna be good in the long run even if the first attempt is a disaster

NASCAR has completely cluster fucked this race

All that drama just for the best car to win. Lmfao

Unlike you ingrates, I’m glad it wasn’t a rain shortened race. Growing pains for wet weather tires at ovals should be expected to anyone that has the slightest comprehension of how progress usually works, but it was a major step in the right direction. Some of you idiots just see something new and decide you don’t like it unless it’s something shiny that completely delegitimizes the championship

Back