2024 Season Thread

I wonder who is gonna carry the Ford banner in the Busch series since Roush and Penske ended their Busch programs like cowards

Stewart Haas is donezo.

Though anyone halfway paying attention could see this coming. Haas has never really been all that invested anyway and Stewart has been checked out for years now, first with SRX and now with drag racing.
Yep, Tony and Haas really shit on their employees.

Sounds like Trackhouse (for SVG or Smith), 23XI (for Heim) and Front Row (sounds like Berry and Gragson may end up here) have just about already agreed to purchase a charter. That leaves 1 up for grabs with Legacy, RFK and JTG supposedly looking to buy. Keselowski tweeted that he was $30m short of buying one, which is just a smoke screen, IMO. If Fenway can't afford to buy a charter, then how can Front Row?

Well, here's 1 confirmation

Attachments

• 1717006742899.png
    1717006742899.png
    616.1 KB · Views: 0
Not a fan of anything Hendricks but I don’t mind Larson, if NASCAR doesn’t give him a waiver after giving Chase Elliot one last year then Fuck Them. Elliot made the Choice to go Snowboarding when he didn’t have to

Not a fan of anything Hendricks but I don’t mind Larson, if NASCAR doesn’t give him a waiver after giving Chase Elliot one last year then Fuck Them. Elliot made the Choice to go Snowboarding when he didn’t have to
Nascar has basically put themselves in a situation where they have to give Larson the waiver or they'll have egg on their face. They've given waivers to suspended drivers. Not giving one to a driver that qualified his car but didn't make it to the race in time would bring Nascars ineptitude front and center. Hopefully this ends the whole waiver shit after this season.

It doesn’t matter. Full season championship is the only one anyone with any shred of sense cares about.

Not the greatest race today, but it had its moments. Cindric is about the most inoffensive driver I can think of, and it’s always cool to see an underdog steal one. Won 3 of 5 group bets, so it was profitable even though Blaney and Bell being the two drivers I bet on to win outright stings a bit

It’s cute that people really thought NASCAR wouldn’t grant a Hendrick driver a waiver for their bullshit championship format that only complete morons recognize.

Hendrick has 3 consecutive championships with 3 different drivers under the real championship format. Maybe the leukemia faking ass will do some good for once in his shitty life and force NASCAR back into an official season long format

It’s cute that people really thought NASCAR wouldn’t grant a Hendrick driver a waiver for their bullshit championship format that only complete morons recognize.

Hendrick has 3 consecutive championships with 3 different drivers under the real championship format. Maybe the leukemia faking ass will do some good for once in his shitty life and force NASCAR back into an official season long format
NASCAR will literally never, and I mean never, revert back to a season long points format. It's dumb, lacks intrigue, and is ONLY desired by 2% of its fanbase, of which you are clearly a member of. Literally no one with any sense wants to go back to a system where the Champion clinches before the final race (or final 2 races, or 3) is even ran. No one wants to go back to a system of "points racing" and "consistency" being the prevailing criteria over winning.

NASCAR stopped catering to morons like you eons ago, and the sport is better for it.

NASCAR will literally never, and I mean never, revert back to a season long points format. It's dumb, lacks intrigue, and is ONLY desired by 2% of its fanbase, of which you are clearly a member of. Literally no one with any sense wants to go back to a system where the Champion clinches before the final race (or final 2 races, or 3) is even ran. No one wants to go back to a system of "points racing" and "consistency" being the prevailing criteria over winning.

NASCAR stopped catering to morons like you eons ago, and the sport is better for it.
Popularity of the sport then vs now says otherwise. Game 7’s aren’t special when they’re forced every year. There’s a reason why there’s a million racing leagues and NASCAR is the only one that doesn’t use a season long format, and it ain’t because they’re smarter than the rest.

Only complete retards even recognize what NASCAR calls a championship.

If your championship format allows for a driver to have 35 wins and a second place on the season and not be the champion, your championship format is retarded

F1 is keep growing in popularity, especially in the USA, yet Max Verstappen keeps having the championship locked up with like the last 2 months left in the season so I wouldn't be so sure about that

Popularity of the sport then vs now says otherwise. Game 7’s aren’t special when they’re forced every year. There’s a reason why there’s a million racing leagues and NASCAR is the only one that doesn’t use a season long format, and it ain’t because they’re smarter than the rest.

Only complete retards even recognize what NASCAR calls a championship.

If your championship format allows for a driver to have 35 wins and a second place on the season and not be the champion, your championship format is retarded
If your championship format allows for the possibility of a clinch before the season even ends, and allows a possibility for your Champion to have not won a single race - your championship format is retarded

If your championship format allows for the possibility of a clinch before the season even ends, and allows a possibility for your Champion to have not won a single race - your championship format is retarded
Dominance should be appreciated. Dominant seasons make the truly close championship fights actually special. 2019 would have been an all timer with a season long format, and NASCAR has came closer to having a winless champion under the current format than they ever did with the season long, in fact Matt Crafton did take home a Mickey Mouse truck championship with no wins under the current format.

Simple minded people like gimmicks, so not surprised you like retarded things

And quite frankly, rattling off 10 straight top 5 finishes with no wins should be rewarded more than winning 3 times in a 10 race stretch with no other finishes better than 20th in that span

F1 is keep growing in popularity, especially in the USA, yet Max Verstappen keeps having the championship locked up with like the last 2 months left in the season so I wouldn't be so sure about that
I can't argue that F1 seems to be growing a bit, but I am genuinely confused by it. It is quite possibly the least exciting, least intriguing, and MOST predictable racing series. It's is follow the leader racing. Team orders, manufacturer orders, etc all play an awful role. F1 is absolute garbage, but because it's INTERNATIONAL, and features amazing engineering and precision, some folks seem to like it. But there is NOTHING interesting about the racing. There are so many better formats for exciting on-track racing.

Additionally, the only time F1 has ever beat NASCAR in ratings is when the NASCAR race was on a 2nd tier cable channel, had a 3 hour rain delay, and the F1 race was on ESPN following a major Game 7 sporting event, and even then F1 just barely eeked by

There’s no televised racing league in the world that produces better racing than NASCAR. A NASCAR race that’s considered bad is still good racing compared to most F1, Indy, IMSA, Le Mans, etc races.

But NASCAR has the worst championship format of any of em. F1’s points system is dumb too because there’s no difference between finishing 11th and finishing 20th, but the fact that it is season long makes it automatically better than NASCAR’s

But with that said, a few years ago when Verstappen and Hamilton took the championship to the very last lap before it was decided, it was amazing, even if they kind of screwed Hamilton over by changing their rules on that safety car that should have ended the race

Parnelli Jones died yesterday. Indy 500 winner and won a handful of NASCAR races in the 50’s and 60’s.

His son, PJ used to be a road course ringer in the early-mid 00’s too

Had to DVR the race and haven’t watched yet. I know who won, so know I won’t like that, but how did the new surface race, and is it even worth watching the recording?

Back