2025 Recruiting Thread

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 2,409.00
It's about time since we've already had some major commits. Next scheduled commitment is 4* EDGE Zahir Mathis this Wednesday, 1/10, deciding between Ohio State, FSU, Texas, Tennessee, and SCar.

It's about time since we've already had some major commits. Next scheduled commitment is 4* EDGE Zahir Mathis this Wednesday, 1/10, deciding between Ohio State, FSU, Texas, Tennessee, and SCar.
ehh not sure why we are listed on there.. he's not coming to UT

BTW thanks for starting the new thread for the '25 class

ehh not sure why we are listed on there.. he's not coming to UT

BTW thanks for starting the new thread for the '25 class
I went with his most recent top 5 listed, but that was from like late October so outside of OSU I'm not sure where the rest stand.

1704808115168.png

1704808162562.png

1704808208813.png

I have a hunch that Sanchez will eventually flip to aggy this summer

lol just wait for it...
I'm not sure where you get your smoke, but this kid has been all OSU for his entire recruitment. He's also heavily recruiting 5* CB Dorian Brew to play with him, and he announces in 2 weeks.

I'm not sure where you get your smoke, but this kid has been all OSU for his entire recruitment. He's also heavily recruiting 5* CB Dorian Brew to play with him, and he announces in 2 weeks.
my smoke... North Shore recruiting.. have looked into his inner circle? Jimbo being fired opened this up.. but Elko needs CBs like him.. The key people will get him in this summer to visit.. I think at that point, they offer him something big and they decide to stay closer to home. Seen this happen a lot with other players who were leaning elsewhere.. take one visit, then boom they flip/commit to aggy.

Personally i rather have him in columbus despite our games in '25 and '26.. Sanchez is a terrific cover corner, but man seeing him vs duncanville.. kid is not willing to make the tackle.. that game was frustrating to watch. Like we can shit on Denver Harris but he was always willing to put his helmet on a RB. Perhaps Sanchez will do the same his Sr season.

I have no dog in this fight, be fun to look back at this at the end of the summer

my smoke... North Shore recruiting.. have looked into his inner circle? Jimbo being fired opened this up.. but Elko needs CBs like him.. The key people will get him in this summer to visit.. I think at that point, they offer him something big and they decide to stay closer to home. Seen this happen a lot with other players who were leaning elsewhere.. take one visit, then boom they flip/commit to aggy.

Personally i rather have him in columbus despite our games in '25 and '26.. Sanchez is a terrific cover corner, but man seeing him vs duncanville.. kid is not willing to make the tackle.. that game was frustrating to watch. Like we can shit on Denver Harris but he was always willing to put his helmet on a RB. Perhaps Sanchez will do the same his Sr season.

I have no dog in this fight, be fun to look back at this at the end of the summer
I mean, if Jimbo being fired opened it up, he had an odd way of showing by committing to OSU several weeks later. As of now, he's said he's shut down too. I guess things can change but I'm not sure what you're hearing isn't just wishful thinking.

I mean, if Jimbo being fired opened it up, he had an odd way of showing by committing to OSU several weeks later. As of now, he's said he's shut down too. I guess things can change but I'm not sure what you're hearing isn't just wishful thinking.
like i said it will be interesting in seeing how this goes by the end of the summer.. NorthShore recruiting.. :)

like i said it will be interesting in seeing how this goes by the end of the summer.. NorthShore recruiting.. :)
If we get Brew, I won't be too upset, but if I'm to bet, I'm saying Sanchez doesn't end up at A&M. My god, why would he? That place is a trainwreck. OSU gets defensive backs paid while A&M gets ex-head coaches paid.

If we get Brew, I won't be too upset, but if I'm to bet, I'm saying Sanchez doesn't end up at A&M. My god, why would he? That place is a trainwreck. OSU gets defensive backs paid while A&M gets ex-head coaches paid.
lmaoo bro.. it doesn't make sense.. why did Evan Stewart go there when Jimbo hadn't had a 1st rd WR since Benjamin back in 2015? It's what they do

lmaoo bro.. it doesn't make sense.. why did Evan Stewart go there when Jimbo hadn't had a 1st rd WR since Benjamin back in 2015? It's what they do
I don't think Evan Stewart is a great comparison to Sanchez. Stewart seems like a braindead dumbass who was easily wooed by some NIL money. There's a reason why he visited Tennessee and they decided not to bring him in, the kid's a loser.

I feel like there isn't even a point in discussing this early anymore

I don't think Evan Stewart is a great comparison to Sanchez. Stewart seems like a braindead dumbass who was easily wooed by some NIL money. There's a reason why he visited Tennessee and they decided not to bring him in, the kid's a loser.
what about Denver Harris? NIL wasn't a thing til it became a thing.. like I said earlier..Jimbo getting axed helped.. but my gut feelings is that he will visit this summer where they are known to take committed kids or kids leaning elsewhere and get a surprise flip/commitment

what about Denver Harris? NIL wasn't a thing til it became a thing.. like I said earlier..Jimbo getting axed helped.. but my gut feelings is that he will visit this summer where they are known to take committed kids or kids leaning elsewhere and get a surprise flip/commitment
Denver Harris, the idiot who's been booted from 2 teams in 2 years? Again, you're comparing 2 complete dipshits to Sanchez who seems to be the complete opposite. He and his mother have been extremely vocal about their excitement about him at OSU, so again, not a great comparison.

Denver Harris, the idiot who's been booted from 2 teams in 2 years? Again, you're comparing 2 complete dipshits to Sanchez who seems to be the complete opposite. He and his mother have been extremely vocal about their excitement about him at OSU, so again, not a great comparison.
lol bro.. he did that shit AFTER he signed there.. Sanchez hasn't yet lol.. I'm not sure why you are getting so defensive man.. feel free to bump these posts if he signs there.. I'm just telling you my gut feeling. It shouldn't be a surprise if he flips either way.. you were frustrated over guys on ESD who flipped.

lol bro.. he did that shit AFTER he signed there.. Sanchez hasn't yet lol.. I'm not sure why you are getting so defensive man.. feel free to bump these posts if he signs there.. I'm just telling you my gut feeling. It shouldn't be a surprise if he flips either way.. you were frustrated over guys on ESD who flipped.
I'm not being defensive, and I never got frustrated over guys flipping. Thinking you have me mistaken with someone else. If anything, it feels like you're defensive about me not going along with what you believe.

I'm saying his behavior would lend no merit to him flipping. He knows at OSU he'll have NIL and a great shot at being a first rounder, and obviously his mom is elated with his decision. He's got a very tight relationship with our DC and CB coach, and was a silent commit over 2 months ago.