23-24 Portal boyz

These ok DTs in the portal are gonna be eating well this season.. since it's a premium position where there aren't many bodies in the portal, they are getting 5 star treatment to go with their 3/4 star grades..

Damonic WIlliams (TCU) DT this evening in Austin for his visit

These ok DTs in the portal are gonna be eating well this season.. since it's a premium position where there aren't many bodies in the portal, they are getting 5 star treatment to go with their 3/4 star grades..

Damonic WIlliams (TCU) DT this evening in Austin for his visit

It's a bidding war with him so you probably end up with him.

Prime got himself a good one here. Never understood why Hayden didn't get more touches. Especially with all the injuries Ohio State has had the past couple seasons in the RB room
He can't block, and while he's a solid runner he basically took what was blocked for him. He could be a monster with more consistent play, but he was at best 3rd on our depth chart, and from what they're saying about the two incoming freshmen, he was probably feeling some heat.

Get rid of the frigging portal nonsense and make all players free agents at the end of each season.

hey we got our first portal DT to commit.. still looking for 2 more

View attachment 118919
I like Bill Norton, the person but don't get too excited. He couldn't get on the field at UGA, so he transferred to Arizona, and now you guys. He is a depth piece at best. Again, great character guy, but not a top DL.

DT Christian Miller says he is leaving UGA. This is the first departure that hurts a little. He's good. USC and FSU seem to be the two teams in on him.

He can't block, and while he's a solid runner he basically took what was blocked for him. He could be a monster with more consistent play, but he was at best 3rd on our depth chart, and from what they're saying about the two incoming freshmen, he was probably feeling some heat.

This year I definitely can see it. It just didn't make sense to me the previous two seasons why he didn't get more chances. Especially bc when he did he seemed to run the ball well

I like Bill Norton, the person but don't get too excited. He couldn't get on the field at UGA, so he transferred to Arizona, and now you guys. He is a depth piece at best. Again, great character guy, but not a top DL.
that's been my argument on twitter.. he's just that.. a solid rotational player, same as the rest of the DTs in the portal now. I got flack from ou fans, LSU fans who think players like Williams or the kid from Louisville that committed to ou are THAT much better..

They all are more alike, no true difference makers got into the portal as of yet.. but they will continue to get the red carpet treatment because there are not many in the portal

This year I definitely can see it. It just didn't make sense to me the previous two seasons why he didn't get more chances. Especially bc when he did he seemed to run the ball well
I think he looked good against backups/subpar defenses, but again, he mostly took what was blocked for him. This isn't a negative, he is deliberate, but he's also just terrible at blocking which won't fly at OSU.

that's been my argument on twitter.. he's just that.. a solid rotational player, same as the rest of the DTs in the portal now. I got flack from ou fans, LSU fans who think players like Williams or the kid from Louisville that committed to ou are THAT much better..

They all are more alike, no true difference makers got into the portal as of yet.. but they will continue to get the red carpet treatment because there are not many in the portal
Brent is BIG on depth…something his predecessor only tended to on the offensive side of the ball.

It will all shake out.

DT Christian Miller says he is leaving UGA. This is the first departure that hurts a little. He's good. USC and FSU seem to be the two teams in on him.
well he tweeted that he decided to stay.. unfinished business... he's gonna wish he left after the ass whipping he has to witness the starters go through in Austin..

#HookEm

well he tweeted that he decided to stay.. unfinished business... he's gonna wish he left after the ass whipping he has to witness the starters go through in Austin..

#HookEm
He's going to hit you guys so hard Manning, riding the pine, is going to feel it!