A 12-1 Texas is going to be left out of the CFP?

Ohio State/Georgia was one of the most exciting playoff games of the CFP era, WTF are you talking about?

The same 3-4 teams being in it every year. They desperately need some new blood up in that bitch.

The same 3-4 teams being in it every year. They desperately need some new blood up in that bitch.
I'd very much like to see Oregon win over Washington (even though I like Washington better) just because we need to see what they're made of against the elites outside the PAC. Florida State, even with Travis, didn't move the needle for me much with their struggles this year (sort of remind me of 2014 FSU). I also very much want to see Texas in.

but why...

tOSU only has a loss to #2 Michigan by 6

Tejas lost to a team not in the playoff.

what if Tejas only wins by 3 or so
Will the playoff committee penalize a team for playing in a championship game while the other one sat out?

you're welcome smile GIF by Crowdfire

but why...

Because wins are more important than losses. And then there’s the matter of titles.

It’s pretty easy to divide the people in these forums into 2 categories:
Those who care more about good wins.
Those that bizarrely care more about losses.

The Polls had a choice in 2008 also.
They chose to fuck Texas then too.

There's a pattern

Because wins are more important than losses. And then there’s the matter of titles.

It’s pretty easy to divide the people in these forums into 2 categories:
Those who care more about good wins.
Those that bizarrely care more about losses.
Depends on the loss. A loss to Michigan and a loss to Oklahoma are comparable enough that it doesn’t help OSU

Say the loss had been to Baylor instead, it would at least warrant a discussion

Depends on the loss. A loss to Michigan and a loss to Oklahoma are comparable enough that it doesn’t help OSU

Say the loss had been to Baylor instead, it would at least warrant a discussion
Even in this case, when contemplating which one loss team to send to the CFP, I’d still much more concentrate on the best wins even if the losses were, to use your example, Michigan v Baylor. On a 11/12-1 season, WINS much more show potential and true colors for a possible CFP bid.

Even in this case, when contemplating which one loss team to send to the CFP, I’d still much more concentrate on the best wins even if the losses were, to use your example, Michigan v Baylor. On a 11/12-1 season, WINS much more show potential and true colors for a possible CFP bid.
I agree, especially when it comes to a 12-1 conference champ against an 11-1 non division winner.

But say it was 12-1 Texas vs 12-1 Oregon for the final spot, Texas’s loss was to Oklahoma, Oregon’s was to Stanford, that would be a legit argument for taking Texas over Oregon IMO

Here's the variable everyone forgets about.

Nobody likes Texas
They will do everything they can to fuck them over.

Did I leave anything out.

but why...

Facts…. Texas better kick baby bros ass by 3rd quarter cause if it’s close they’re getting hosed by….

state form GIF

Come Saturday morning, I'm going to be in a goose blind when the sun comes up. Later that morning I'm moving to a deer stand. And later in the afternoon I'll be doing some dove hunting. I'm going to have my hot chocolate and my goodies with me all day and my Give-A-Shit gauge is going to be on dead zero about college football. F the Rig XII and NIL and the transfer portal and..................
My "Get off my lawn" hangup is one you like. Every other post I wrote for years was "Conference realignment sucks". I don't hate NIL and the transfer portal near as did conference realignment. But I haven't really hated the recent realignments. I just wish the big 2 would go ahead and break completely from the rest.

Back