A frost on the pumpkin Monday

I posted this on the other site but since you coach football you ever see an "8 year old" this big

he's a legit 5 9

on right
View attachment 111300
This is either some Four Year Letterman nonsense or an Andy Reid at the punt, pass, and kick competition energy.

These were all 13 year olds.

EPd30evWsAA0Ska.jpg

This is either some Four Year Letterman nonsense or an Andy Reid at the punt, pass, and kick competition energy.

These were all 13 year olds.

EPd30evWsAA0Ska.jpg

I can almost buy it being possible at 13...still highly unlikely though lol

I think Shaq was over 6 by then. He was barely over 5 foot at 8. I went back and talked to the commissioner myself about it and he tried saying he vetted him himself. i said come on man...this is ridiculous. We have the other team on video manipulating their books. Shit is crazy.

We still only lost 12 0 wildly enough. They lost in the championship. Guess which kid wasn't playing?

I think Shaq was over 6 by then. He was barely over 5 foot at 8. I went back and talked to the commissioner myself about it and he tried saying he vetted him himself. i said come on man...this is ridiculous. We have the other team on video manipulating their books. Shit is crazy.

We still only lost 12 0 wildly enough. They lost in the championship. Guess which kid wasn't playing?
There were like 2 kids in our county's CYO basketball league that were over 6 foot when they were 12. Guess which two teams went to the championship game?

Shit is getting more prevalent in youth sports. Dealt with it in 5th & 6th grade football for kids being way over the weight limit for carrying the ball and one kid that obviously was 2 years+ older but they had no birth certificate for him & he tested at that grade level. Never had to worry about that crap when it was just the league I helped run. Then wrestling we had a club bring kids that were not members of their club. The kids wrestled for other clubs during individual tournaments and never once for that club. All of our kids wrestled for our club in other events & were signed up with our club. We had made a rule stating they had to have a minimum number of events they had to wrestle for the club in the events before ours if they were members of 2 separate clubs. That was very abused by the championship team. Another tournament we had a coach claim so many kids of his were 1st year wrestlers, but we had videos proving he lied. So our first year kids got whooped and we lost the championship match to them by those losses. They did the same thing the first round against the other club my boys wrestle for (where I wrestled at). Then we had basketball & baseball/softball where kids that weren't on the coaches travel teams didn't hardly play. League rules stated at one time that the kids on town league teams must be from that town or from same school district or so many miles from said town. Most of the travel league kids didn't meet the criteria for town league teams.

Shit is getting more prevalent in youth sports. Dealt with it in 5th & 6th grade football for kids being way over the weight limit for carrying the ball and one kid that obviously was 2 years+ older but they had no birth certificate for him & he tested at that grade level. Never had to worry about that crap when it was just the league I helped run. Then wrestling we had a club bring kids that were not members of their club. The kids wrestled for other clubs during individual tournaments and never once for that club. All of our kids wrestled for our club in other events & were signed up with our club. We had made a rule stating they had to have a minimum number of events they had to wrestle for the club in the events before ours if they were members of 2 separate clubs. That was very abused by the championship team. Another tournament we had a coach claim so many kids of his were 1st year wrestlers, but we had videos proving he lied. So our first year kids got whooped and we lost the championship match to them by those losses. They did the same thing the first round against the other club my boys wrestle for (where I wrestled at). Then we had basketball & baseball/softball where kids that weren't on the coaches travel teams didn't hardly play. League rules stated at one time that the kids on town league teams must be from that town or from same school district or so many miles from said town. Most of the travel league kids didn't meet the criteria for town league teams.
Would you be offended if I said as a former college player and coach that I don't think kids should start contact until 7th grade?

I call BS! Lets see that kids birth certificate

we did. They started messing with the books when they said they couldn't find it right away

one of the parents took video of them manipulating the books (hiding birth certificates) while we walked over.

the commissioner was in the bag with them because they were all from the same league.

you had to turn 9 after August 1st and their entire team was 9 year olds with August birthdays lol. Shit was crazy. The one kid was the main outlier but they had a few others that were 5 3 or 4 as well.

Would you be offended if I said as a former college player and coach that I don't think kids should start contact until 7th grade?

I'd be fine with it. I just think I'd start a little earlier because I have a lot less concern with injury and concussion at 2nd grade than 6th and 7th. My son has to love this sport for me to want him in it then.

No, I hear it all the time. It works for some programs but not all. Why I hate the league we are forced into currently instead of just being our own in house. We had specific rules to minimize getting hurt. Plus we had a running clock that really helped. You have to eliminate "Daddy Ball" if you start early.

No, I hear it all the time. It works for some programs but not all. Why I hate the league we are forced into currently instead of just being our own in house. We had specific rules to minimize getting hurt. Plus we had a running clock that really helped. You have to eliminate "Daddy Ball" if you start early.

extreme examples like the one from me and Guy are all the more reason I'd be for a strict weight limit by age. Sorry your son is enormous and we can't have a 180 pound kid smashing into 55 pound kids.

Thank god no one got hurt.

extreme examples like the one from me and Guy are all the more reason I'd be for a strict weight limit by age. Sorry your son is enormous and we can't have a 180 pound kid smashing into 55 pound kids.

Thank god no one got hurt.
Yep, we were the "assholes" that complained according to the 2 teams that run this new league. We put red stripes on our kids helmets over the weight limit for running the ball. We had one of our red stripers stand next to their 2 rbs in question, and he looked like a dwarf all 3 directions compared to them. Then it was, oh you didn't weigh your kids. Yeah, we weighed both of our teams for our school and the two teams from the other school we handed equipment out to. As for the other school, they rode their kid who is definitely a couple years older to beat up on teams. No birth certificate from Africa so they got away with it. They had 3 teams as well. One was stacked, other was crap except African kid, and 3rd team was really bad. Both schools still wondering why we do better than them when they get older.

Yep, we were the "assholes" that complained according to the 2 teams that run this new league. We put red stripes on our kids helmets over the weight limit for running the ball. We had one of our red stripers stand next to their 2 rbs in question, and he looked like a dwarf all 3 directions compared to them. Then it was, oh you didn't weigh your kids. Yeah, we weighed both of our teams for our school and the two teams from the other school we handed equipment out to. As for the other school, they rode their kid who is definitely a couple years older to beat up on teams. No birth certificate from Africa so they got away with it. They had 3 teams as well. One was stacked, other was crap except African kid, and 3rd team was really bad. Both schools still wondering why we do better than them when they get older.

and like I said if you simply institute a weight limit it's irrelevant.

you could sneak in smaller kids who have tons of experience and may even be better than the goofy oafs they pass off as whatever age but at least the chance of injury is lessened.

even more scary is these very large kids like your African kid probably know proper form for shit and are extremely likely to hurt someone.

This thread is not what I was expecting and I'm disappointed.