ACC Basketball

I think FSU will be good, but better than last year's team that was in line to be a 2 seed and lost two lottery guys? Along with a couple other contributors.

I would have thought Ga Tech too until they lost to Georgia State and Mercer.

I do think Clemson will be better. Perhaps Wake because of the coaching change. But are those teams tournament teams? If I had to guess, no.

FSU is loaded, again. Scottie Barnes may be as good as anybody in the country at PG standing 6'9". Anthony Polite, MJ Walker, and Rayquan Evans are back as well. They are big, can shoot, and run with anybody.

GaTech has two very capable guards but they lost Lammers inside so I really don't know much about the rest of their front court.

Clemson should be better than last season and Simms is a very strong inside threat.

But until they play a few games anything can change in the year of covid.

FSU is loaded, again. Scottie Barnes may be as good as anybody in the country at PG standing 6'9". Anthony Polite, MJ Walker, and Rayquan Evans are back as well. They are big, can shoot, and run with anybody.

GaTech has two very capable guards but they lost Lammers inside so I really don't know much about the rest of their front court.

Clemson should be better than last season and Simms is a very strong inside threat.

But until they play a few games anything can change in the year of covid.
the only name you listed that i recognize is Lammers

and i only remember him b/c he played during the HOF John Collins season

edit: wikipedia says Lammers graduated two years ago.

the only name you listed that i recognize is Lammers

and i only remember him b/c he played during the HOF John Collins season

edit: wikipedia says Lammers graduated two years ago.

Yea, he played 2014-18. What I should have stated was he was the LAST inside presence that Tech had I can even remember. Since then it's been Alvarado and Devoe that's carried them since along with a bunch of role players.

After watching MSU beat Duke last night I'd say Duke has some work to do. I don't see them beating Illinois either.

3-0! We may never lose again! Huge win over the bulldogs.

Duke eliminating all non conference games now.

Duke eliminating all non conference games now.

Yep, I'm sure Gardner Webb, Charleston Southern, and Elon were all giddy about going to Cameron before they had their Covid issues.

Yeah, I think the ACC got the BEST possible Comish moving forward.
right

my only concern w/ this guy would be the ACC tournament rotation

if he's hired, he'll be the first ACC commissioner to not have a major tie to an ACC school

right

my only concern w/ this guy would be the ACC tournament rotation

if he's hired, he'll be the first ACC commissioner to not have a major tie to an ACC school

He did work for Kevin White, AD at Duke, but I hear what you're saying. The guy I think that may be in trouble this coming summer after Northwestern hires a new AD is Chris Collins.

He did work for Kevin White, AD at Duke, but I hear what you're saying. The guy I think that may be in trouble this coming summer after Northwestern hires a new AD is Chris Collins.
Collins had initial success at Northwestern, so his struggles in the past 3-4 years have been fairly surprising. I never thought he'd make NW a consistent tournament team, but they have been horrible

as far the potential new AD goes..

i'm sure you know this, but it's worth mentioning, Swofford was the AD @ UNC before he was hired. It's not like college AD's are a home run, either.

Collins had initial success at Northwestern, so his struggles in the past 3-4 years have been fairly surprising. I never thought he'd make NW a consistent tournament team, but they have been horrible

as far the potential new AD goes..

i'm sure you know this, but it's worth mentioning, Swofford was the AD @ UNC before he was hired. It's not like college AD's are a home run, either.

Yep, I've never been a fan of Swofford. He was AD at UNC for the Dean Smith years that the "no-show classes" began. He's never answered to that either.

Yep, I've never been a fan of Swofford. He was AD at UNC for the Dean Smith years that the "no-show classes" began. He's never answered to that either.
honestly, the only real accomplishment I can think Swofford had as an AD was hiring Mack Brown in 1988. UNC basketball was already a machine when Swofford was hired.

Clemson vs VT tonight. Pretty solid game to kickoff ACC play for us. Clemson defense has been stingy. And Honor has been a really good addition to this team. However, this is a classic Brad Brownell let down game.

We good again!

Clemson vs VT tonight. Pretty solid game to kickoff ACC play for us. Clemson defense has been stingy. And Honor has been a really good addition to this team. However, this is a classic Brad Brownell let down game.
Called it!

Amir Simms, while a good player, isn’t deserving of some the preseason recognition. He really hasn’t improved any over the last two seasons and doesn’t show consistency. He’ll go off and score 20 against Duke and then shut down for the next two games. He has the skill, but not the aggressiveness. And he’s been picking up a lot of cheap fouls this year. I still expect to finish middle of the pack this year, but they will need Simms to show some kinda leadership on the offensive end

I can't believe Duke is a -4 favorite at Notre Dame tonight, especially without their best player. Freshman Jalen Johnson is out indefinitely with a lower leg injury. The 6'9" Forward is averaging 11.5 PPG and 8.3 Rebs in 23.8 minutes a game.