AL West Thread

...and Pujols?

They were on the hook after they traded him to the Dodgers last year. He signed as a FA with STL last offseason.

Angels have the most payroll on the IR than any other team ($87,340,770; Yankees are 2nd at $66,748,284). They also have the most payroll retained ($49,297,449). Their 26 man payroll is currently 27th in MLB.

Microcosm of modern-day MLB: Braves give washed up Charlie Morton $20m, because why TF not I guess? Oakland A's have $0 committed to their entire roster next year. These teams play in the same pro sports league.

Microcosm of modern-day MLB: Braves give washed up Charlie Morton $20m, because why TF not I guess? Oakland A's have $0 committed to their entire roster next year. These teams play in the same pro sports league.
Reminds me of this
v9A16q.gif

Not a lot of hope for next year either. I could see the pitching staff improving, but the lineup was pretty woeful and it's hard seeing them get much production outside of Sean Murphy (a legitimately good catcher), Seth Brown (a power hitting 1B with a sub-.300 OBP) and Ramon Laureano (good player but he's dealt with injuries/suspension and had a down 2022).

bad news, Angels fans.

bad news, Angels fans.

Good news, Angels fans.

The news just keeps getting better

Zach Neto has not been HBP in two weeks, does that qualify as a slump for him? :noidea:

Zach Neto has not been HBP in two weeks, does that qualify as a slump for him? :noidea:

I knew he was a fast riser, but I didn't realized he was drafted last summer (figured it was 2021).
Hopefully Chase Meidroth can join him by getting promoted this year. Sox just promoted him to AA a few days ago and he's hit .356/.504/.467 between A+/AA (yes, his OBP is above .500)

I knew he was a fast riser, but I didn't realized he was drafted last summer (figured it was 2021).
Hopefully Chase Meidroth can join him by getting promoted this year. Sox just promoted him to AA a few days ago and he's hit .356/.504/.467 between A+/AA (yes, his OBP is above .500)

I know that everyone gets excited when guys put up numbers and they subconsciously think that nothing can go wrong but I think if you don't lower those expectations a bit you are probably going to end up disappointed. AA is a big test and he hasn't passed it yet. If he (deservedly) finishes the season in AAA that is excellent progress and you should be very, very happy with that, don't even be thinking about the majors :wink: