AL West Thread

I know that everyone gets excited when guys put up numbers and they subconsciously think that nothing can go wrong but I think if you don't lower those expectations a bit you are probably going to end up disappointed. AA is a big test and he hasn't passed it yet. If he (deservedly) finishes the season in AAA that is excellent progress and you should be very, very happy with that, don't even be thinking about the majors :wink:

Oh, I agree. AA is usually the biggest test for hitting prospects. Seen plenty of prospects hit well in the lower minors, only to stall out in AA/AAA. But I am intrigued by the high averages and K/BB rates. Just think he's become one of our more interesting prospects, and usually don't see prospects climb up to AA that quickly in the Sox farm system.

Marcelo Mayer could be in AA pretty soon too

Last edited:
I think they've changed the entry for "Yerminator" in the OED, it's now spelled R-O-O-K-E-R :wink:

This was a true "baseball rat" kind of play. He's probably made this catch a million times while fucking around playing catch with people, it's second nature at this point. Love this kid.

I knew he was a fast riser, but I didn't realized he was drafted last summer (figured it was 2021).
Hopefully Chase Meidroth can join him by getting promoted this year. Sox just promoted him to AA a few days ago and he's hit .356/.504/.467 between A+/AA (yes, his OBP is above .500)

I haven't seen the reports but it looks like they may have "knocked the bat out of his hands" at AA.

Meidroth Martin Madrigal Martha Marcy May Marlene. :wink: :laugh: Going to have to adjust.

He started out well in AA (hit .278/.421/.413 from May 10-June 30), but he's hit .214/.302/.304 since.

Like I said, it's a bit of an old cliche but they probably "knocked the bat out of his hands"

And unfortunately, he needs to hit because he isn't known for his defense.

I hadn't thought of Austin Martin all year until I thought of that joke/reference with the M names. Not looking good for him either.

What a freaking day for Julio. Already 4 for 4 after a four hit game last night and hits the first pitch of the game from Carlos Hernandez about a thousand feet to take the lead. If he's getting hot he is going to carry that entire team the rest of the way.

What a freaking day for Julio. Already 4 for 4 after a four hit game last night and hits the first pitch of the game from Carlos Hernandez about a thousand feet to take the lead. If he's getting hot he is going to carry that entire team the rest of the way.

Hitting .306/.362/.494 since the beginning of July and that doesn't include today. Even with the offense being down from last year (and he still has a 119 wRC+, still quite good for a CF), he's been a ~4 WAR player.

Hitting .306/.362/.494 since the beginning of July and that doesn't include today. Even with the offense being down from last year (and he still has a 119 wRC+, still quite good for a CF), he's been a ~4 WAR player.

He raised his wRC+ 5 or 6 points just today! (it was 113 yesterday)

Kid is nuts.

9 straight hits now for Julio, he already has a HR tonight but missed a second one just a couple of feet foul too.

9 straight hits now for Julio, he already has a HR tonight but missed a second one just a couple of feet foul too.

12 hits in last 3 games, up to a 122 wRC+

it's too bad Seager missed a good chunk of the year because he's having a hell of a season. 187 wRC+, especially from a SS, is insane

We’re number 1, we’re number 1

it's too bad Seager missed a good chunk of the year because he's having a hell of a season. 187 wRC+, especially from a SS, is insane

Don't you think that the time missed is a contributing factor though? While it's not like we're just talking about a hot week and I do think that Seager is a great ballplayer I also think that his wRC+ would probably be a bit lower if he had 150-200 more PAs this season :noidea: