All tackles lead with the head

What's the title of this thread?
Every Fucking form tackle in the history of fucking ever: the head gets there before the shoulders or chest, because that’s how the human body is designed when moving in a forward direction. Kicking a player out because he ‘led with the head’ is therefore a stupid reason.
TELL ME YOURE NOT THIS DENSE.
HOW MANY PAGES OF PHOTO EVIDENCE AND READING THE EXACT SAME WORDS DO YOU NEED?

5D3A1E7C-DEFA-45FE-9456-CF1DD98359A1.jpeg

The arm tackle. Is this your argument. Please stop while you’re way behind. Also, you’re a transparent and weak troll.
What's those first three words there^?

Do you see the issue here?

No. If a player spears another player already on the ground OR COMES IN HIGH WITH HIS HEAD UP (LIKE YOU AND THE COMMENTATORS WANT HIM TO DO), then maybe that player should get penalized.
Ironically, players going for form tackles are getting ejected for doing the right thing … all because the offensive player ducks or jukes or crouches or slides at the same time.
Get it yet? Or do you need the exact same thing written for you for another seven pages alongside video and photo evidence?

below: “head up. Eyes up. Wrapping up”. VIOLENT helmet to helmet collision, the exact thing you don’t want to happen, yet thus rule, the commentators, and you keep repeating “head up, eyes up.”

View attachment 41507
See what I mean.

Every Fucking form tackle in the history of fucking ever: the head gets there before the shoulders or chest, because that’s how the human body is designed when moving in a forward direction. Kicking a player out because he ‘led with the head’ is therefore a stupid reason.
TELL ME YOURE NOT THIS DENSE.
HOW MANY PAGES OF PHOTO EVIDENCE AND READING THE EXACT SAME WORDS DO YOU NEED?

View attachment 41508

In NONE of those photos is the 'CROWN' of the helmet being used.

Do you know what the 'CROWN' of the helmet is?

What's those first three words there^?

Do you see the issue here?
Pedantry doesn’t save you, dunce.
If you want to advocate that all tackles should be arm tackles, go ahead.

In NONE of those photos is the 'CROWN' of the helmet being used.

Do you know what the 'CROWN' of the helmet is?
So. You’re back to just lying in the face of photo evidence. Cool.

further, in the PSU game, the player got ejected because the eyebrow area hit the runners helmet when the defender CAME IN EYES UP which is what y’all are calling for him to do. You’re just too dumb.

E7B9D8DB-FB83-4A85-8EAA-E938CA6F3C7A.jpeg

Pedantry doesn’t save you, dunce.
If you want to advocate that all tackles should be arm tackles, go ahead.
So you admit, ALL tackles aren't leading with the head.

So. You’re back to just lying in the face of photo evidence. Cool.

further, in the PSU game, the player got ejected because the eyebrow area hit the runners helmet when the defender CAME IN EYES UP which is what y’all are calling for him to do. You’re just too dumb.

View attachment 41509

So you don't know what the 'CROWN' of the helmet is.

That's all you had to say.

So you admit, irrelevant pedantry.
No. In no way shape or form do i think the targeting rule is great or perfect. But I'm not the one that started an entire thread saying all tackles lead with the head, when that is just not true, and you have even admitted yourself. But yet you continue to die on this hill.

In no way shape or form am i saying all tackles should be arm tackles. In no way shape or form am I saying good tackles don't get penalized or that sometimes the tackler is fucked either way.

But saying ALL tackles lead with the head (and continuing to do so), although you admit that is not the case, is not irrelevant. It just destroys your entire argument.

So you don't know what the 'CROWN' of the helmet is.

That's all you had to say.
Is this the crown? Because that’s what every commentator and every other person here was saying the other night. This guy got ejected for “lowering his head, not keeping eyes up, hitting with the crown etc”
Still arguing why this rule is good, dunce?

18CC8E93-22C4-4B29-A9B7-963260EDCABC.jpeg

No. In no way shape or form do i think the targeting rule is great or perfect. But I'm not the one that started an entire thread saying all tackles lead with the head, when that is just not true, and you have even admitted yourself. But yet you continue to die on this hill.

In no way shape or form am i saying all tackles should be arm tackles. In no way shape or form am I saying good tackles don't get penalized or that sometimes the tackler is fucked either way.

But saying ALL tackles lead with the head (and continuing to do so), although you admit that is not the case, is not irrelevant. It just destroys your entire argument.
Unless a guy is running past you and you reach out with your arm, EVERY TACKLE LEADS WITH THE HEAD before the shoulders. You bringing up arm tackles, which is not what is being discussed at all, is in no way a gotcha. It’s just your toddler irrelevant pedantry, and you know it.

Is this the crown? Because that’s what every commentator and every other person here was saying the other night. This guy got ejected for “lowering his head, not keeping eyes up, hitting with the crown etc”
Still arguing why this rule is good, dunce?

View attachment 41512

The 'CROWN' of the helmet is not the only part of the targeting rule.

Did the player launch?
Was the player that got hit defenseless?

That snip looks like it was after the initial contact. Put the whole video up. Not just your cherry picked part.

1 If you launch like a missile, Head totally down and blind without trying to wrap up, you should get penalized.
2 If a guy is on the ground already, and you launch your helmet at him blatantly trying to hurt him, you should get penalized.
3 In fact, if you come in high with eyes up at helmet level, I think you should get penalized.
BUT THIS RULE AND EVERYONE HERE IS ADVOCATING FOR 3. Do you get it? Coming in high with eyes up at helmet level is the very dangerous thing you want to avoid, and you’re advocating for it!!! And in the PSU case, you still can get ejected for coming in eyes up!!! Get it!!!

Its a stupid rule in both conception and prosecution.

a better rule would be excepting blatant things like 1 and 2 above, if you go for a form tackle in, let’s say, the baseball strike zone area, one shouldn’t get penalized for incidental helmet contact.
Why? Because tackling between the knees and halfway between the waist and the armpits is the safest way to proceed. Because all form tackles lead with the head.. so penalizing for leading with the head is a stupid nonsensical premise.

Where I take issue with El Texan dunce is that he claims the head and eyes should be "DOWN" on a tackle.

That increases the chance of the 'CROWN' of the helmet making the initial contact (spearing) and is also dangerous to the neck of the person making the tackle.

Unless a guy is running past you and you reach out with your arm, EVERY TACKLE LEADS WITH THE HEAD before the shoulders. You bringing up arm tackles, which is not what is being discussed at all, is in no way a gotcha. It’s just your toddler irrelevant pedantry, and you know it.
When you start having to put stipulations on it, maybe your argument isn't as strong as you thought it was. You can cry "irrelevant pedantry" all you want, it still doesn't change the fact that what you stated was wrong. Guess what, when you are trying to win a debate, semantics do matter, believe it or not. It changes the entire conversation.

Also your stipulation is a major part of the game that you just want to take out of the conversation. Arm tackles are attempted on a large amount of tackles per game.

"That's not whats being discussed". Its the fucking title of the god damn thread. I can't help it if you can't stay on track with your own thread.

When you start having to put stipulations on it, maybe your argument isn't as strong as you thought it was. You can cry "irrelevant pedantry" all you want, it still doesn't change the fact that what you stated was wrong. Guess what, when you are trying to win a debate, semantics do matter, believe it or not. It changes the entire conversation.

Also your stipulation is a major part of the game that you just want to take out of the conversation. Arm tackles are attempted on a large amount of tackles per game.

"That's not whats being discussed". Its the fucking title of the god damn thread. I can't help it if you can't stay on track with your own thread.
Uh huh. Your pedantry isn’t going to be rewarded. Let the adults talk.

1 If you launch like a missile, Head totally down and blind without trying to wrap up, you should get penalized.
2 If a guy is on the ground already, and you launch your helmet at him blatantly trying to hurt him, you should get penalized.
3 In fact, if you come in high with eyes up at helmet level, I think you should get penalized.
BUT THIS RULE AND EVERYONE HERE IS ADVOCATING FOR 3. Do you get it? Coming in high with eyes up at helmet level is the very dangerous thing you want to avoid, and you’re advocating for it!!! And in the PSU case, you still can get ejected for coming in eyes up!!! Get it!!!

Its a stupid rule in both conception and prosecution.

a better rule would be excepting blatant things like 1 and 2 above, if you go for a form tackle in, let’s say, the baseball strike zone area, one shouldn’t get penalized for incidental helmet contact.
Why? Because tackling between the knees and halfway between the waist and the armpits is the safest way to proceed. Because all form tackles lead with the head.. so penalizing for leading with the head is a stupid nonsensical premise.

That's just false.

The head snapping back is less dangerous than the head getting pushed down to where your chin touches your chest.

No wonder you're so fucking lost on this issue. You're 100% backwards on a 'form tackle'.

Where I take issue with El Texan dunce is that he claims the head and eyes should be "DOWN" on a tackle.

That increases the chance of the 'CROWN' of the helmet making the initial contact (spearing) and is also dangerous to the neck of the person making the tackle.
Eyes up. Violent helmet to helmet contact. What you want to avoid. Here. For the fourth time I’ve linked you. Oh. And can still get ejected under this same rule.
Literally nothing you can do to avoid being ejected if the runner decides to move his head where yours is going. .
17D7C754-2BF9-4BB8-A1DD-23E08206DEC8.jpeg

Back