Bama fatique killing college football???

right and winning a playoff game and losing late, not to mention other games in recent years beating Big 12 champ, Big 10 champ, the previously mentioned ACC champ seems like Oregon, who is in the Pac 12 has been hanging fine.
and after i brought it up you changed it to winning championships. which is not the same thing.
Nobody remembers winning the first round and than losing late in the CFPCG, you lost and that's all everybody remembers. That's fine beating those teams outside of the CFP, congrats on that but I'd rather be in the CFP. I doubt Bama fans celebrate a Peach Bowl victory that isn't involved in the CFP, they probably feel it's a failed season.

I wouldn't bet much...let me know when the XFL has any Heisman Trophy winners or future NFL Hall of Famers playing in it. As for the AAF, lol, there were guys playing in it that got cut from Arena teams.
Lol you talk about guys who weren’t good enough to make the NFL before their bodies matured yet you say the CFL is a grown mans league? The XFL never had a chance at a previous Heisman and was essentially the USFL which Doug Flutie bombed but Walker did well, and which one had to go to Canada to learn how to become a professional. We obviously disagree on this but your reasoning doesn’t make any sense and my entire statement was skill players out of HS could play in that league.

Lol you talk about guys who weren’t good enough to make the NFL before their bodies matured yet you say the CFL is a grown mans league? The XFL never had a chance at a previous Heisman and was essentially the USFL which Doug Flutie bombed but Walker did well, and which one had to go to Canada to learn how to become a professional. We obviously disagree on this but your reasoning doesn’t make any sense and my entire statement was skill players out of HS could play in that league.
What are you even talking about? Rocket Ismail didn't need his body to mature, he was projected to be the 1st pick in the NFL draft but instead he wanted to cash a check for $18 million...his annual salary in Toronto made him the highest paid football player in North America...in any league. Ricky Williams was serving a drug suspension between 1000 yard rushing seasons in the NFL and Doug Flutie certainly didn't get any taller in Canada.

The old XFL couldn't carry the USFL's jock strap. It remains to be seen what the new iteration looks like. The USFL was full of stars from the get-go and was competing directly with the NFL for talent, when it folded there were USFL players that became perennial all-pros and eventual Hall of Famers...guys like Reggie White, Steve Young, Walker, Sam Mills, Gary Zimmerman. Jim Kelly...it's literally a team worth of NFL Pro Bowlers.

There is probably a player playing in high school that could play in the CFL today, there might even be a half-dozen or none...but there sure as hell isn't 30 and the one that could could probably play in the NFL too.

The main parity issue seems to be coaching. Simple fix is 10 year term limit on coach being at a school.

The main parity issue seems to be coaching. Simple fix is 10 year term limit on coach being at a school.
Isn't that synonymous with money?

I've been avoiding this thread because everybody knows I have Bama fatigue and think their dominance in terrible for CFB. But IMO the only to fix it is a pro-style draft for the 5-star kids...and that would be too much of a bummer for the rare good student who ends-up stuck at some shitty school, like Bama.

I've been avoiding this thread because everybody knows I have Bama fatigue and think their dominance in terrible for CFB. But IMO the only to fix it is a pro-style draft for the 5-star kids...and that would be too much of a bummer for the rare good student who ends-up stuck at some shitty school, like Bama.
I can't tell if you are kidding or not, but you obviously can't have a draft ... not all schools offer programs kids would want to study, and remember that aside from the top elite level, many of those players are going to school to get an education to better their lives. They get to choose where they want to go to school if there is even an ounce left of the "student athlete" concept.

It's kind of funny you have Bama fatigue ... I remember have Gator fatigue when you guys dominated us for 20 years in the late 80s and into the 00s. But, I was raised a Gator and remember UGA wearing the Gators out in the 70s to mid-80s. It's cyclical ... and you've won your share over the years. Your problem isn't Bama, your problem is an administration that isn't all-in, and being way behind with your facilities. There is no reason that UF with all the talent in their backyard can't be an elite team year in and year out. And they will be again in the future.

It's cyclical. Once Saban leaves, history tells us that Bama won't be the dominant team they are today, and another team or two will emerge. Clemson is going to lose some of their coordinators in the next few years, and while they will still be good, we will see if they can be elite. Dabo has had amazing luck with QB evals. That won't happen forever, the odds are against it. In the meantime, expanded playoffs, free agency/transfer portal, and NIL pay for the players are likely to mix things up - it will be interesting to see what those 3 changes do to the competitive balance.

I can't tell if you are kidding or not, but you obviously can't have a draft ... not all schools offer programs kids would want to study, and remember that aside from the top elite level, many of those players are going to school to get an education to better their lives. They get to choose where they want to go to school if there is even an ounce left of the "student athlete" concept.

It's kind of funny you have Bama fatigue ... I remember have Gator fatigue when you guys dominated us for 20 years in the late 80s and into the 00s. But, I was raised a Gator and remember UGA wearing the Gators out in the 70s to mid-80s. It's cyclical ... and you've won your share over the years. Your problem isn't Bama, your problem is an administration that isn't all-in, and being way behind with your facilities. There is no reason that UF with all the talent in their backyard can't be an elite team year in and year out. And they will be again in the future.

It's cyclical. Once Saban leaves, history tells us that Bama won't be the dominant team they are today, and another team or two will emerge. Clemson is going to lose some of their coordinators in the next few years, and while they will still be good, we will see if they can be elite. Dabo has had amazing luck with QB evals. That won't happen forever, the odds are against it. In the meantime, expanded playoffs, free agency/transfer portal, and NIL pay for the players are likely to mix things up - it will be interesting to see what those 3 changes do to the competitive balance.
Don't most universities offer Sports Management degrees?

The one guy who wants to be a professional clown can still go to FSU.

Don't most universities offer Sports Management degrees?

The one guy who wants to be a professional clown can still go to FSU.
Many here won't understand the FSU reference ... I do, LOL.

One other option: Nail Bama for the cheating they are doing and sanction the fuck out of them.

Problem solved.

One other option: Nail Bama for the cheating they are doing and sanction the fuck out of them.

Problem solved.
Or that......

Honestly, that's the problem with almost everything today; spotty enforcement of rules and crony situations.
1611668967700.png

Agreed. The main issue is Saban. Saban has sucked the life out of CFB. It isn't his fault, just the dominance. Dabo Swinney is Saban 2.0.

Oklahoma and Ohio State have done this at a conference level. Kind of intriguing with them because they have switched coaches (Ohio State several times) and maintained dominance. B1G has basically been dominated by Ohio State since 2002. Yeah Ohio State has had down years but no one else in that league has been able to compete on National level. Michigan beating Ohio State a few times would be the best thing that could happen to the B1G and maybe CFB.

Agreed. The main issue is Saban. Saban has sucked the life out of CFB. It isn't his fault, just the dominance. Dabo Swinney is Saban 2.0.

Oklahoma and Ohio State have done this at a conference level. Kind of intriguing with them because they have switched coaches (Ohio State several times) and maintained dominance. B1G has basically been dominated by Ohio State since 2002. Yeah Ohio State has had down years but no one else in that league has been able to compete on National level. Michigan beating Ohio State a few times would be the best thing that could happen to the B1G and maybe CFB.
You named the teams that are considered the four "culprits" of CFB fatigue. And it looks like Bama isn't more responsible than some of the others. Hell, they've only won 50% of the SEC championships the last four years. Three other conferences have zero variance in conference champions the past four years! Below are the conferece champions since inception of the CFP.

ACC - 2 teams (6/7 Clemson)
2014 - Florida State
2015 - Clemson
2016 - Clemson
2017 - Clemson
2018 - Clemson
2019 - Clemson
2020 - Clemson

B1G - 3 teams (5/7 Ohio State)
2014 - Ohio State
2015 - Michigan State
2016 - Penn State
2017 - Ohio State
2018 - Ohio State
2019 - Ohio State
2020 - Ohio State

Big 12 - 2 teams (6/7 Oklahoma)
2014 - Baylor, TCU
2015 - Oklahoma
2016 - Oklahoma
2017 - Oklahoma
2018 - Oklahoma
2019 - Oklahoma
2020 - Oklahoma

PAC 12 - 4 teams
2014 - Oregon
2015 - Stanford
2016 - Washington
2017 - USC
2018 - Washington
2019 - Oregon
2020 - Oregon

SEC - 3 teams (5/7 Alabama)
2014 - Alabama
2015 - Alabama
2016 - Alabama
2017 - Georgia
2018 - Alabama
2019 - LSU
2020 - Alabama

The questions to ask. What the hell have: the other:
12 ACC teams been doing the past 7 years?
11 B1G teams been doing the past 7 years?
7 Big 12 teams been doing the past 7 years?
10 Pac 12 teams been doing the past 7 years?
10 SEC teams been doing the past 7 years?

The answer to the question is: Those 50 teams have decided to participate in one giant circle jerk...or something equivalent. And, you can make it 53 since FSU, Baylor and TCU haven't showed up since '14. And here are BCS Championship Game participants that have been missing in action the entire CFP era. Florida, Auburn, Miami, Texas, USC, Tennessee, Nebraska, and Virgina Tech.

Here is a suggestion. How about somebody else win the conference for a start. Don't even let those four get to the CFP.

Here is a suggestion. How about somebody else win the conference for a start. Don't even let those four get to the CFP.
Auburn is trying but no one else is stepping up.

You named the teams that are considered the four "culprits" of CFB fatigue. And it looks like Bama isn't more responsible than some of the others. Hell, they've only won 50% of the SEC championships the last four years. Three other conferences have zero variance in conference champions the past four years! Below are the conferece champions since inception of the CFP.

2014 - Florida State
2015 - Clemson
2016 - Clemson
2017 - Clemson
2018 - Clemson
2019 - Clemson
2020 - Clemson

2014 - Ohio State
2015 - Michigan State
2016 - Penn State
2017 - Ohio State
2018 - Ohio State
2019 - Ohio State
2020 - Ohio State

2014 - Baylor, TCU
2015 - Oklahoma
2016 - Oklahoma
2017 - Oklahoma
2018 - Oklahoma
2019 - Oklahoma
2020 - Oklahoma

PAC 12 - 4 teams
2014 - Oregon
2015 - Stanford
2016 - Washington
2017 - USC
2018 - Washington
2019 - Oregon
2020 - Oregon

2014 - Alabama
2015 - Alabama
2016 - Alabama
2017 - Georgia
2018 - Alabama
2019 - LSU
2020 - Alabama

The answer to the question is: Those 50 teams have decided to participate in one giant circle jerk...or something equivalent. And, you can make it 53 since FSU, Baylor and TCU haven't showed up since '14. And here are BCS Championship Game participants that have been missing in action the entire CFP era. Florida, Auburn, Miami, Texas, USC, Tennessee, Nebraska, and Virgina Tech.

I get what you are saying but you have to look at it in more than just championships. Alabama has dominated its rivals.

1. Tennessee hasn't beaten Alabama under Saban
2. Georgia beat Alabama once (2006)
3. Florida beat Alabama once (2008)
4. LSU has one win over Alabama in last 8 years
5. Auburn beat Alabama 3x

That creates a lot of fatigue seeing your team not compete against Alabama year in and year out. The years that Alabama didn't win the SEC, they still were likely ranked in top 3 most of the season and got upset towards the end.

2014 - Florida State
2015 - Clemson
2016 - Clemson
2017 - Clemson
2018 - Clemson
2019 - Clemson
2020 - Clemson

2014 - Ohio State
2015 - Michigan State
2016 - Penn State
2017 - Ohio State
2018 - Ohio State
2019 - Ohio State
2020 - Ohio State

2014 - Baylor, TCU
2015 - Oklahoma
2016 - Oklahoma
2017 - Oklahoma
2018 - Oklahoma
2019 - Oklahoma
2020 - Oklahoma

PAC 12 - 4 teams
2014 - Oregon
2015 - Stanford
2016 - Washington
2017 - USC
2018 - Washington
2019 - Oregon
2020 - Oregon

2014 - Alabama
2015 - Alabama
2016 - Alabama
2017 - Georgia
2018 - Alabama
2019 - LSU
2020 - Alabama

Sorry for double response but those programs are having a hard time recruiting/competing. Most of these programs cannot find a coach staff that can win. Honestly, watching UT's recent coaching hires, I don't see how these coaches are so incompetent.

I don't see a problem.

Your team needs to get there shit together & play football!!!

I get what you are saying but you have to look at it in more than just championships. Alabama has dominated its rivals.

1. Tennessee hasn't beaten Alabama under Saban
2. Georgia beat Alabama once (2006)
3. Florida beat Alabama once (2008)
4. LSU has one win over Alabama in last 8 years
5. Auburn beat Alabama 3x
That creates a lot of fatigue seeing your team not compete against Alabama year in and year out. The years that Alabama didn't win the SEC, they still were likely ranked in top 3 most of the season and got upset towards the end.
Auburn is trying but no one else is stepping up.
Guess this give some validity to that drunk bird's statement!

Bama won a natty one of those years they didn't win the SEC.

I hear what you are saying. Point was I'd add Ohio State, Clemson and Oklahoma to Bama for the fatigue causing as well. They've been more dominant in their conferences than Bama has...or at least the same.