Bama fatique killing college football???

Hate to say it, but in hindsight the BC$ appears to have got it right more than the playoffs, and drew more viewers in the process.
If the BCS was in play the last 7 years, they would not have chosen the ultimate winner twice, and would not have put one of the finalists in 5 times. That's not a real good track record for the eye test as to who the top 2 teams are. So, we know in fact, not conjecture, that they've gotten it wrong more often than not. And, with more games, they certainly wouldn't draw more viewers. The semis draw far more viewers than NY bowls ever did, except for the Rose Bowl which always has brought the viewers ... it's not the granddaddy for nothing.

Last edited:
If you had to guess, how much views would you think the quarter-finals would really bring in? In most years there’s a drop off of about 7 mil views from Finals to semis, would we see a similar drop off between Semis and Qtrs? My concern is that we’re trading in evenly match NY6 games for QtrFinal matchups with larger spreads, is it better for TV? Hard to say
Good question ... each year the top non-bowl or playoff games bring in about 10 million viewers. That's more than all bowls except the NY6 semis, and the Rose Bowl, and occasionally one of the other NY6. Under my plan the 4 home games would likely bring in 10 million, and I'd bet the quarter NY6 bowls would bring in 15 million or up. They average about 10 now. I am just guessing obviously, but if that gets a lot more people interested - that's the only reason to do this - then you would have to think there would be a jump.

the ratings do surprise me, but I couldn't care less for ratings. I'd watch any Penn State football even if Alabama wins the next 20 Natties, I wouldn't care all that much.

It's only a money maker if someone pays you money. I just explained to you why that isn't going to happen, but you were unsurprisingly too dense to understand it I guess. But since you started off your post with "Actually" I should have expected that.

Actually, you explaining it doesn't actually make you right.

You are, however, actually showing what a dumbass you actually are.

Actually, from what I've heard and read, it seems like it could happen rather than later. It would be a money maker for college football and a lot of athletic departments are looking at losing a lot of money.
You are correct, Bama dude is off on this one. There is no way that the main players in CFB are loading up on OOC schedules starting around 2025 if they aren't certain that the CFP expands.

I don't get his point about ESPN not being willing to pay for it. I showed where there are plenty of increased eyeballs for another 4-8 games. I also reminded him that for a company that he says doesn't want to pay a lot of money, they just dropped a shit ton of billions on the SEC for what? More games.

if you are not counting bowls its not even 20 games and more than 4 wins with a win over at the time top 15 team.

if you count bowls its closer to 35 and of course even more wins (making it much greater than 4 and even more games over top 15 teams.

perception vs reality
what you believe vs what really is
so dont tell me there isnt a bias
You lost me at "at the time" that's how retards figure ranking. You don't see me bragging about beating #3 FSU for a reason, bitches finished like 6-7. Why would you use anything but EOY rankings for seasons that have already been played?

If you think there are more than 4 wins from 2017 thru 2020 then name them so we can all laugh. Or shit, just name 5 if you think there are "even more games". As for losses, it is either 23 or 27, I can't remember if it was 21 and the two bowl losses this year made it 23 or if it was already 23 and those made it 25. Either way, 0-2 for 2020. so you only need to look at 2017-2019.

...and yes, I was counting bowls and G5 teams. The only criteria I used was AP final ranking and not being a Pac-12 team, pretty simple.

I've been hearing quite a bit from those who have insiders that the playoff expansion is happening, and happening soon. I've always heard it talked about in years past, but this is the first time I've heard many in the sports media claim so many college football insiders are claiming that it is a done deal and the details are being created now. We should know something soon if that is a bunch of crap.

You lost me at "at the time" that's how retards figure ranking. You don't see me bragging about beating #3 FSU for a reason, bitches finished like 6-7. Why would you use anything but EOY rankings for seasons that have already been played?

If you think there are more than 4 wins from 2017 thru 2020 then name them so we can all laugh. Or shit, just name 5 if you think there are "even more games". As for losses, it is either 23 or 27, I can't remember if it was 21 and the two bowl losses this year made it 23 or if it was already 23 and those made it 25. Either way, 0-2 for 2020. so you only need to look at 2017-2019.

...and yes, I was counting bowls and G5 teams. The only criteria I used was AP final ranking and not being a Pac-12 team, pretty simple.
odd take considering everyone pretty much lists games based on ranking at the time of the game.

like i said based on ranking day of game there are more.

odd take considering everyone pretty much lists games based on ranking at the time of the game.

like i said based on ranking day of game there are more.
Yeah, nobody does that. I mean in week 3 you might say that last week we beat the no. 3 ranked team. But later in the year, and certainly at the end of the year, you would never say we beat the number 3 team if they are no longer ranked no. 3, and even more so like FSU where they sucked so bad they were not ranked at all. So, no, no one does that.

FWIW, the only people who do that are those who are trying to make their wins sound more impressive than they were.

I've been hearing quite a bit from those who have insiders that the playoff expansion is happening, and happening soon. I've always heard it talked about in years past, but this is the first time I've heard many in the sports media claim so many college football insiders are claiming that it is a done deal and the details are being created now. We should know something soon if that is a bunch of crap.

Good clip, although I am not a not a big fan of Coward. But, he's tied in and he has inside people.

Don't like it, then beat them. Pretty simple.
The problem with anyone that has a real chance of beating them, beating them is their HCs are all former Saban assistants, and they'll never beat the master. Kirby is so bad, he hasn't even been rumored to an NFL team. With the talent of the roster, I think if we swapped Kirby for Hugh Freeze, we'd beat em.

The problem with anyone that has a real chance of beating them, beating them is their HCs are all former Saban assistants, and they'll never beat the master. Kirby is so bad, he hasn't even been rumored to an NFL team. With the talent of the roster, I think if we swapped Kirby for Hugh Freeze, we'd beat em.
I thought you were just ignorant before, but now I see you are just trolling.

Yeah, nobody does that. I mean in week 3 you might say that last week we beat the no. 3 ranked team. But later in the year, and certainly at the end of the year, you would never say we beat the number 3 team if they are no longer ranked no. 3, and even more so like FSU where they sucked so bad they were not ranked at all. So, no, no one does that.

FWIW, the only people who do that are those who are trying to make their wins sound more impressive than they were.
look at schedules from prior seasons on ESPN, CBS, some schools sites, shit even wikipedia all have the ranking at the time of game.

Didn't Hugh beat 'em twice with less than UGA talent?

Didn't Hugh beat 'em twice with less than UGA talent?
If it was less talent, it wasn't by much, Ole Miss was cheating like hell, but they were pulling in top 5 classes. But I think Freeze and Les Miles are the only coaches to beat Saban at Bama in back to back years

I thought you were just ignorant before, but now I see you are just trolling.
Freeze beat back back to back years at Ole Miss. Freeze just lead Liberty to a one loss season where their one loss was to NC State by one point. Dude can coach.

look at schedules from prior seasons on ESPN, CBS, some schools sites, shit even wikipedia all have the ranking at the time of game.
If they are reporting on a game that took place on November 2 between no1. ranked UGA and no 25 Oregon, sure, they do that because historically, that is correct. But, no one, weeks later, in referring to who you played says, yeah, we beat no. 1 UGA when they subsequently lost 3 games and is no longer ranked. Can't you see the difference?

Freeze beat back back to back years at Ole Miss. Freeze just lead Liberty to a one loss season where their one loss was to NC State by one point. Dude can coach.
Freeze cheated his ass off, in addition to have being caught having phone sex with a hooker using his Ole Miss phone. He currently has a show cause on him for the SEC. That said, he can coach, but unlike you I know that Smart can as well, and that Smart isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

Freeze cheated his ass off, in addition to have being caught having phone sex with a hooker using his Ole Miss phone. He currently has a show cause on him for the SEC. That said, he can coach, but unlike you I know that Smart can as well, and that Smart isn't going anywhere anytime soon.
There is nothing wrong with cheating unless you get caught. Smokey Yunick and Junior Johnson are heroes of mine.

If Smart could coach, we wouldn't be 0-3 against Bama despite having the lead at halftime in all 3 games.

I know Kirby isn't going anywhere, but it sure would be nice if he did. He'll never get fired, but I wish an NFL team would come calling.