Best and worst concerts you've attended

Kenny Loggins put on a fantastic show in a park right here in downtown Manchester. Saw Hall & Oates in a different park down on the river with my pregnant girlfriend. We heard Sara Smile and decided if we had a girl we'd name her Sara. It was a boy, but on our 3rd try we got our little Sara.
I love Kenny Loggins. I took guitar lessons in the early 2000's from his acoustic guitar player Chris Rodriguez. :thumb:

He's a lot like Bob Dylan to me. I just need music to sound good and their's doesn't. It's an acquired taste and you have to appreciate what they do, which takes a little bit of effort. I'm sure if I tried I could "get it" but I just don't have much motivation.
The wordsmiths with rough voices is right up my alley. Prine, Dylan, Kristofferson, Willie Nelson, Gordon Lightfoot, Guy Clark, Townes Van Zandt, etc

Finally got to see em in 2017. Something always seemed to come up, when there were chances to see them in my past. They were awesome. Bruce is a machine. 105 degrees outside, and he's wearing tactical pants and a fucking hoodie, running around like a maniac. Had pit passes...they were so fucking LOUD. Just kicking you in the head with sound. Blew us back to the grass.

Ghost opened for em' and they were actually pretty great live. Tho watching them play in their ghoul outfits in that goddamned heat, was dumbfounding.
My brother saw them and said the same. Just such incredible, nonstop overwhelming power and energy. He saw them outside and for some reason Eddie the Head was out on stage harassing the musicians the entire show. Usually he's just out for a song and then goes back. :D

The wordsmiths with rough voices is right up my alley. Prine, Dylan, Kristofferson, Willie Nelson, Gordon Lightfoot, etc
Kris Kristofferson, Willie Nelson, Gordon Lightfoot all sound good though. Dylan sounds terrible and I never did appreciate John Prine's sound much either.

I saw The Who twice, along with Genesis, The Moody Blues, Yes, The Doobie Bros, Jethro Tull and Dire Straits. A bunch more as well. I was a concert hound back in the day.
Oh man, I saw the Doobies in Nashua about 30 years ago. Joe Walsh opened for them and he was all fucked up. Comes out on stage drunk and starts bitchin about President Bush (41) and gets the whole crowd pissed off and yelling at him to STFU. He sucked that night, but the Doobie Brothers were outstanding.

Now you've gone and done it, @HammerDown...

The guy who married my younger sister is a top pedal steel, dobro, guitar player in town, currently band leader for a top five country music act and he's OBSESSED with Ry Cooder.

He said every single time he plays a Ry Cooder album he hears something new. I just don't get it! :D

I love Kenny Loggins. I took guitar lessons in the early 2000's from his acoustic guitar player Chris Rodriguez. :thumb:
It was one of those shows that I reluctantly went to because the wife really wanted to see him. He had a great band and I was pleasantly surprised.

The guy who married my younger sister is a top pedal steel, dobro, guitar player in town, currently band leader for a top five country music act and he's OBSESSED with Ry Cooder.

He said every single time he plays a Ry Cooder album he hears something new. I just don't get it! :D
Ry Cooder is awesome

Oh man, I saw the Doobies in Nashua about 30 years ago. Joe Walsh opened for them and he was all fucked up. Comes out on stage drunk and starts bitchin about President Bush (41) and gets the whole crowd pissed off and yelling at him to STFU. He sucked that night, but the Doobie Brothers were outstanding.
I'd absolutely love to have seen Neil Young back in the day but I can't stomach his aggressive political blathering. I'm not paying $100 to hear a Canadian preach to me about American politics.

I'd absolutely love to have seen Neil Young back in the day but I can't stomach his aggressive political blathering. I'm not paying $100 to hear a Canadian preach to me about American politics.

Back to California again. Young and Crazy Horse would take "road trips" from the ranch and drop in at bars unannounced and just play. I was lucky enough to see one of those

BTW, he's an American now. Got naturalized.

That's another show I was surprised by how much I enjoyed it. I was barely 18, going to tech school on an AFB in Denver and we saw Neil and Crazy Horse at the old McNichols Arena. It was my last night in Denver and a great fucking show.

That's another show I was surprised by how much I enjoyed it. I was barely 18, going to tech school on an AFB in Denver and we saw Neil and Crazy Horse at the old McNichols Arena. It was my last night in Denver and a great fucking show.
I remember the Nuggets playing at McNichols back in the Dan Issel days.

Crazy Horse was legit. Great band live.

I remember the Nuggets playing at McNichols back in the Dan Issel days.
Right next door to the old Mile High Stadium. Came pretty close to getting some free tickets to a Bronco's/Raiders game which would have been awesome because I really liked the Raiders back then and I've always hated the fucking Broncos. The instructors girlfriend changed her mind at the last minute and they went so I was SOL.