Best and worst concerts you've attended

I'd absolutely love to have seen Neil Young back in the day but I can't stomach his aggressive political blathering. I'm not paying $100 to hear a Canadian preach to me about American politics.

1st song I learned to performance standard on electric was Keep on Rockin in the Free World. I was 67 at the time.

I'll keep this just to rock concerts since I believe that's the author's intent.

Best - The Clash (with the Rebels and D.O.A. at the old Agrodome in Vancouver. All three band put on a great show that night. Best energy at a concert that I've seen.

Worst - ZZ Top at the Pacific Coliseum in Vancouver. It was so fucking loud and reverby that you really couldn't hear what they were playing. The little you could distinguish was some really poor soloing with no shortage of missed notes and sloppy bends. A chicken could probably have done better.

I'll keep this just to rock concerts since I believe that's the author's intent.

Best - The Clash (with the Rebels and D.O.A. at the old Agrodome in Vancouver. All three band put on a great show that night. Best energy at a concert that I've seen.

Worst - ZZ Top at the Pacific Coliseum in Vancouver. It was so fucking loud and reverby that you really couldn't hear what they were playing. The little you could distinguish was some really poor soloing with no shortage of missed notes and sloppy bends. A chicken could probably have done better.
I mentioned numerous Country concerts, use any genre you want

Best: hmm. Toss up between Fleetwood Mac, whole band, in Vancouver, Jason Aldean, Sunfest 2019, Kip Moore, Sunfest 2019, and Kip Moore, Royal Theater in Victoria.

Worst: Hear me out before Judgement. Tim McGraw. Sunfest 2014.

I just thought that he didn't interact with the crowd that much and your paying about 100-600 a pass. You deserve more

Best was probably family values with Stone Temple Pilots, Staind, Linkin Park, and Static X in Denver.

Worst was either Aerosmith when Steven Tyler fell off the stage and broke his collar bone in Sturgis or Korn when the drummer broke his wrist in Fargo. Both were great until they weren't.

Just remembered one that should have gotten an HM. Dwight Yoakam, Steve Earle and Lucinda Williams in 2018.

Yoakam and Earle were great. Lucinda wasn’t bad, and while I respect her, she’s just never been my cup of tea and she had a long opening set.

Bad:
Soul Asylum lead singer was so drunk, he fell off the stage within the first 10 minutes.

Saw U2 a few years ago for the first time and it was p bad. Cudda been because people in Minneapolis are incredibly low energy and didn't even know the words to fucking U2 songs.

Good:
Saw The Killers at Summerfest. They wuz p gud.

Nickleback was actually a pretty decent concert all around, from the sound to the energy of the production.

Having worked at a concert venue, ill just not even count any shows I saw or had a hand in there.

Bad:
Soul Asylum lead singer was so drunk, he fell off the stage within the first 10 minutes.

Saw U2 a few years ago for the first time and it was p bad. Cudda been because people in Minneapolis are incredibly low energy and didn't even know the words to fucking U2 songs.

Good:
Saw The Killers at Summerfest. They wuz p gud.

Nickleback was actually a pretty decent concert all around, from the sound to the energy of the production.

Having worked at a concert venue, ill just not even count any shows I saw or had a hand in there.
To be fair, I wouldn’t know more the words to any U2 songs other than maybe the chorus of their most popular songs, the songs that told me U2 didn’t offer anything I’d be interested in

To be fair, I wouldn’t know more the words to any U2 songs other than maybe the chorus of their most popular songs, the songs that told me U2 didn’t offer anything I’d be interested in

I find it a bit odd though for there to be like 50,000 people dropping a hundo each to see a band that they don't even like.

I find it a bit odd though for there to be like 50,000 people dropping a hundo each to see a band that they don't even like.
I’ve done it before. I’ve been to a Kid Rock concert. Still don’t like his music, but I had a good time at his show

Best include Queens of the Stone Age, NIN, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Iggy/Stooges (when Mike Watt was playing bass with them, was bad ass), Pearl Jam, The Mars Volta.

Worst are a couple pop country mega shows I got dragged to.

Last edited:
Best: Rush at the Forum
Worst: Lynyrd Skynyrd (lousy) ZZ Top opened for them and those three guys blew them off the stage. That's also the only time I almost got in a fight at a concert when an angry old dude accused me of blocking his view. "I'm sitting down, motherfucker. You tap me on the shoulder one more damn time and see what happens." My wife saw what was coming and we left early.

Was that with Ronnie of after the crash?

I've heard Skynyrd was great live when Ronnie was around. I've seen their current lineup, and while they're not God awful, I wouldn't go again. They're better than Marshall Tucker Band's current lineup(which consists of one original member) th
Been to two Skynyrd concerts. The first was before they hit it real big. They were the lead in to Chicago. Now that was a contrast of music. Skynyrd blew the house up, Chicago seemed a little lame after that. Anyway Skynyrd was great. They came back as the lead right after Free Bird was out. Again, they were great.
Most memorable concert was Harry Chapin. His backups and band couldn't make it there, so I figured the show would be cancelled but he played. And I thought it was going to be a bust of a concert. Just him, his guitar, a stool and two mikes, one for him and one for his guitar. The man played for an hour and a half. It was fantastic!
RIP Harry. Thanks for the music and memories.

The worst was Crystal Gayle. She was the lead in to Waylon Jennings. Fucking terrible performance. She stood there as straight as the mike stand. Never moved. I'm not a country music fan, but I do like to listen to Waylon and she just happened to be there.

Went to 3 ZZ Top's concerts. They were great.
Elvis was good. He brought Carl Perkins with him and I do believe Carl was better!

Tickets for the 77 show were like $8-10.

Times have changed
I bought tickets for Elvis. They were $5.
Time has indeed changed.

From that list for sure, although I personally liked his brother's(Jimmy) band better. Fabulous Thunderbirds. Stevie was a better player, but Jimmy's band was tighter.
They were a great concert band. They were the first on the Stage, then ZZ Top, then the Stones. Great concert in the Astrodome.

I am going to go with Summer Stut
Girls school
Iron Maiden
Scorpions
Foreigner
Loverboy
Yes all together at Anaheim Stadium.
Hot day people filling boxes with Ketchup and mustard and flinging them from the top deck

I honestly don't know if the bolded parts make it a best or worst concert scenario. ;)

I honestly don't know if the bolded parts make it a best or worst concert scenario. ;)
I don’t remember girl school in all honesty
I may have not made it inside in time.
I don’t know myself if this was the best or the worst concert. 😎 Anaheim stadium had some unique concerts
Van Halen “parachuted “ in
Ok somebody parachuted but it wasn’t really them.

Summerfest 1978 Boston / Black Sabbath/ Van Halen / Sammy Hagar / Richie Lecea

I may be old but I saw some great bands