TV Series Better Call Saul

Appreciate that they gave us a basement of the vacuum shop scene.

Was really excited as it started to pan back from Saul laying down. My favorite scene of the last month.

And big props to Vince for not slipping Skyler in. Also appreciate that.
That scene was amazing.

On the timeline:

Gene said on the phone six years since he and Kim spoke.

But Kim and Pinkman spoke outside Saul’s office as a start to that six years.

Then Inmate/defendant Saul says two years ago he met Walt and 16 months working with him.

So he was only in Omaha 8 months?
Yeah. The scene of him buttering up and distracting the security guard gave away it was late October/November 2010 based on the football talk. It would have been a few weeks after Walt’s death and El Camino.

The interrogation room scene with Saul/Jimmy giving his sob story to the panel was incredible.

On the timeline:

Gene said on the phone six years since he and Kim spoke.

But Kim and Pinkman spoke outside Saul’s office as a start to that six years.

Then Inmate/defendant Saul says two years ago he met Walt and 16 months working with him.

So he was only in Omaha 8 months?
I had gathered roughly a year. Two years ago could be a rough number.

She was lamenting that he had 7 years on the table, before he sabotaged it in court. And because he sabotaged his deal, he got 86 years instead.
I sometimes have trouble hearing with it said and have to replay it. My girlfriend said the sentence got reduced but I didn't think so because he had made a comment about 86 years and getting time off for good behavior or something like that.

This finale also had a lot of interesting parallels to the The Shield's amazing ending.

Extremely similiar scenarios, until Saul had his human moment to be much more better off even though hes the one going to actual prison.

This finale also had a lot of interesting parallels to the The Shield's amazing ending.

Extremely similiar scenarios, until Saul had his human moment to be much more better off even though hes the one going to actual prison.
The Shield ending is one of the best endings to any show ever. And I had that as a bit of a comp going in (primarily in how Saul would “get his”).

But Vic’s punishment was a living hell for him. Saul essentially chose his punishment. In fact, Saul’s punishment is almost a reward for him. He is viewed as a walking god in that prison. Vic was stuck behind a desk punching a clock, essentially doing nothing with his life. He required the street to live. He needed action to breath. And he knew he sent his best friend down the river, even though out of everyone on the team, he was the most innocent.

The Shield ending is one of the best endings to any show ever. And I had that as a bit of a comp going in (primarily in how Saul would “get his”).

But Vic’s punishment was a living hell for him. Saul essentially chose his punishment. In fact, Saul’s punishment is almost a reward for him. He is viewed as a walking god in that prison. Vic was stuck behind a desk punching a clock, essentially doing nothing with his life. He required the street to live. He needed action to breath. And he knew he sent his best friend down the river, even though out of everyone on the team, he was the most innocent.

Correct thats what I'm saying.

Saul originally looked like he was similiarly going to worm out of trouble like Vic. He had a great deal cooked up. Could have left Kim to rot(similar to Ronnie). But like Vic he would have had a personal hell.

Saul unlike Vic ended up putting someone before himself and as a result did not end up with the exact same ending. Even though he is ironically the one behind actual bars. Vics prison is worse because stayed with the what helps only Vic route.

Thats what I thought was interesting. The finale was set up to be a very similar ending for the anti hero, but contrasted big time last minute for the perfect ending of this show.

Shield ending was also phenomenal as you said.