TV Series Better Call Saul

He was certainly about to bludgeon cancer guy.

Tough to tell if the telephone wire was an act, or if he was considering going through with it...I lean towards he was going to do it.
That's the way I see it.

Tough to tell if the telephone wire was an act, or if he was considering going through with it...I lean towards he was going to do it.
They talked about it on Talking Saul. Their intention seems to be he went right up to that point then realized how far he was sinking. Odenkirk said he wouldn’t have been able to go through with it with the character if they wanted him to go all the way.

I forgot about him almost smashing Cancer Dude. That is two potentially massive violent acts by Gene in the same episode. That can’t be a coincidence.

I forgot about him almost smashing Cancer Dude. That is two potentially massive violent acts by Gene in the same episode. That can’t be a coincidence.

Kim broke him when she left him, and you could see how he transformed into Saul thereafter.
Gene had mostly given up the escapades...until Kim broke him again.

Kim broke him when she left him, and you could see how he transformed into Saul thereafter.
Gene had mostly given up the escapades...until Kim broke him again.
Like with Chuck. Any time Chuck did something to him he’d either go on a con binge or slip a little closer to Saul, he processed his death by slipping even closer to the Saul persona. Kim left and he went full Saul. She turned on him again when he tried to reach out and he just went full off the rails.

Series finale episode is titled "Saul Gone". Lulz

This show has been showing a long-term spiraling downfall of Jimmy. I suspect he dies somehow. I don’t see a Vic Mackey end for him.
i kind of assumed that maybe when he got taken to the hospital they told him he had cancer and that's why he chose to....break bad.

i kind of assumed that maybe when he got taken to the hospital they told him he had cancer and that's why he chose to....break bad.
Jimmy was bad since the show started. He did other basic cons before becoming a lawyer. He seems to be right back to where it all started.

Interesting theory.

He struggled with Cancer guy. He did not want to do it. It was a matter of survival to knock him out again so he can get out of the house. But I never saw Saul a guy who could easily turn to violence. He was cowardly that way. I never thought he was going to strangle that old lady. He was trying to scare her into not reporting him.

Jimmy was bad since the show started. He did other basic cons before becoming a lawyer. He seems to be right back to where it all started.
obviously, that was going for a cheap joke. but i do feel like when he got to the hospital they probably told him he has a serious illness and that caused him to break away from the gene character and go back to his scheming ways that gave him some excitement. i'm going to go with lung cancer. thus the flashbacks to walter white looking pathetic when he meets him and he sees he's the same right now. bring in the mark with cancer, etc..

obviously, that was going for a cheap joke. but i do feel like when he got to the hospital they probably told him he has a serious illness and that caused him to break away from the gene character and go back to his scheming ways that gave him some excitement. i'm going to go with lung cancer. thus the flashbacks to walter white looking pathetic when he meets him and he sees he's the same right now. bring in the mark with cancer, etc..
That would explain his sudden need to reconnect with Kim

Not buying it. His first scheme was to get Jeffie off his back. The call to Francesca was planned from right before he went to become Gene. When she mentioned Kim called and asked about him, he got the itch to reconnect with her. When she absolutely rejected him, he decided he needed to spice his life back up by scheming again. It almost seemed like he wanted to get caught at the last break-in.

Not buying it. His first scheme was to get Jeffie off his back. The call to Francesca was planned from right before he went to become Gene. When she mentioned Kim called and asked about him, he got the itch to reconnect with her. When she absolutely rejected him, he decided he needed to spice his life back up by scheming again. It almost seemed like he wanted to get caught at the last break-in.
Shrugs What GIF by ABC Network