Big 12 thread

It was brutal. We always have a reservation at the Mansion on Turtle Creek so it stays consistent from year to year. I was worried I'd have to go get a job on the night shift at a 7-11 if they ordered even one more item. They kept saying they would cut us some slack if we would contribute to Herman's Hit The Road Fund. I finally agreed that paying for a U-Haul would be cheaper than dinner but it was too late by then. The food had started arriving so we all spent a couple of hours commiserating about the state of our football programs. See my post #460 Page 23 on the RRSO 2020 thread to see what it was like to be at the game this year.
They should have felt some guilt considering how it could easily have been them stuck with the tab. I was thinking during the end of that game that neither team wanted their alumni to get stuck with that tab.

But, I know how those things go and I'm sure they had no reservations about sticking it to you...just as you would have done. It is what makes those friendships friendships. MOST of the time, the ability to shit talk for a year outweighs the hit to the pocketbook!

Soon the most important position will be LBs.. Gotta get safetys, add 20 pounds on them and line em up. NFL has been trending that way, it shows in the draft.. LBs who can not only tackle, but cover are rare

He would have sucked with Applewhite too.. Let's face it.. BMDs made the bad choice into panic-hiring him. Had he stayed at Houston he would have gotten fired by now too.
So what you’re saying is he’s a poor-man’s Kiffen?

Take this for what it's worth. One of the couples we ate dinner with after the game definitely qualifies as a Texas BMD. They said the people they have talked to before, during and after the game just aren't in the mood to fork over millions right now to get rid of Herman. Everyone's nervous about the economy, big tax hikes if Biden gets elected, the stigma of firing a coach AGAIN at Texas, a shortage of quality coaches just itching to "move up", etc. I didn't have the heart to point out that Texas isn't exactly "moving up" for a lot of guys they would even consider hiring. The other thing that's gotten under their skin is stuff like the "Eyes of Texas" controversy; they don't like it. Seems a lot of Texas alums have social justice fatigue right now on top of the losing and a lot of UT alums are really disspirited about the way things are going on The Forty Acres. If the losing stops this season, I got the impression they will likely wait a year to do something but Herman would have to at least win the Big XII conference championship next season to keep his job. Anything else would be adios amigo. They really hate that guy right now.

Shouldn't we just close this thread since the B12 season is essentially over? I guess Oklahoma State fans can still post here.
AAAAAAHHHHHEEEEMMMMMMM

Take this for what it's worth. One of the couples we ate dinner with after the game definitely qualifies as a Texas BMD. They said the people they have talked to before, during and after the game just aren't in the mood to fork over millions right now to get rid of Herman. Everyone's nervous about the economy, big tax hikes if Biden gets elected, the stigma of firing a coach AGAIN at Texas, a shortage of quality coaches just itching to "move up", etc. I didn't have the heart to point out that Texas isn't exactly "moving up" for a lot of guys they would even consider hiring. The other thing that's gotten under their skin is stuff like the "Eyes of Texas" controversy; they don't like it. Seems a lot of Texas alums have social justice fatigue right now on top of the losing and a lot of UT alums are really disspirited about the way things are going on The Forty Acres. If the losing stops this season, I got the impression they will likely wait a year to do something but Herman would have to at least win the Big XII conference championship next season to keep his job. Anything else would be adios amigo. They really hate that guy right now.
I think the social justice and shitty football are the fatigue. Win and boosters can get over the song, but bitch, use your platform as an athlete to get your way, and play like shit isn’t easy to swallow

And I would bet Herman is gone barring a miracle finish to the season. Texas is averaging 10.7 penalties and 2.3 turnovers per game in Big 12 games. I don’t care how talented a team you have, you can’t win with that kind of undisciplined nonsense

And I would bet Herman is gone barring a miracle finish to the season. Texas is averaging 10.7 penalties and 2.3 turnovers per game in Big 12 games. I don’t care how talented a team you have, you can’t win with that kind of undisciplined nonsense
He's good as gone unless he pulls an undefeated close to the season along with a conference championship. Listening to his post game conference and today's weekly presser.. He didn't sound like a leader.. this asshole really said they need to find an identity, fix the fixable shit, improve rush defense and WRs getting free.... We really gonna do that in two weeks? Like what the hell were you working on since July?

We have a 4yr starting QB who is breaking records at UT and you are telling me we need to find an identity? Get this fraud out of here!!!

He's good as gone unless he pulls an undefeated close to the season along with a conference championship. Listening to his post game conference and today's weekly presser.. He didn't sound like a leader.. this asshole really said they need to find an identity, fix the fixable shit, improve rush defense and WRs getting free.... We really gonna do that in two weeks? Like what the hell were you working on since July?

We have a 4yr starting QB who is breaking records at UT and you are telling me we need to find an identity? Get this fraud out of here!!!

shaq no GIF

Who wrote this shit? I don't get how Iowa State is over Oklahoma State in the power rankings right now. I guess we'll find out next week, but with KSU's quarterback out and ou and texas with 2 losses odds are they play twice to figure it out.
I think it was based on Iowa State being 3-0 with wins over @ TCU, Oklahoma and Texas Tech compared to Okla. State being 2-0 with wins over West Virginia and @ Kansas in the Big Xii. Either way, I love the idea of an Iowa State vs. Oklahoma State Big Xii Championship Game!

Last edited:
Who wrote this shit? I don't get how Iowa State is over Oklahoma State in the power rankings right now. I guess we'll find out next week, but with KSU's quarterback out and ou and texas with 2 losses odds are they play twice to figure it out.
I wouldn't be pushing all my chips to the middle of the table on Oklahoma State just yet. Things have drifted along in your favor so far but beating Tulsa, West Virginia and Kansas isn't that impressive. 3-0 is obviously a lot better record than OU's 2-2 but Gundy is 2-13 against the Sooners which is pitiful. Dude just can't get over the hump. I expect OU to beat the Cowboys as usual and OSU to blow a game somewhere else along the way. It's gonna be a shit storm with somebody "leading" the conference with two losses. 2020 isn't finished with any of us by a long shot.

Guess ou is below the top 5..

View attachment 664

Texas belonged in the SWC. Somewhere they can run their mouth and be accepted, despite their big shoes and funny nose.

The bad part was watching OU ride their dick. I'm looking forward to watching my bad Husker team play OU. I hope we can also get some of Texas. Mac is gone. Our AD wants to play your league. Probably K-atate or Iowa st. They want to play good teams.

Back