Big 12 thread

I wouldn't be pushing all my chips to the middle of the table on Oklahoma State just yet. Things have drifted along in your favor so far but beating Tulsa, West Virginia and Kansas isn't that impressive. 3-0 is obviously a lot better record than OU's 2-2 but Gundy is 2-13 against the Sooners which is pitiful. Dude just can't get over the hump. I expect OU to beat the Cowboys as usual and OSU to blow a game somewhere else along the way. It's gonna be a shit storm with somebody "leading" the conference with two losses. 2020 isn't finished with any of us by a long shot.
What does the Big 12 championship matter? I would bet an undefeated one wouldn't make the playoffs. Too weak.

Texas belonged in the SWC. Somewhere they can run their mouth and be accepted, despite their big shoes and funny nose.

The bad part was watching OU ride their dick. I'm looking forward to watching my bad Husker team play OU. I hope we can also get some of Texas. Mac is gone. Our AD wants to play your league. Probably K-atate or Iowa st. They want to play good teams.
We don't ride their dick. We beat their dick into the ground. It's the only way to coexist with Texas. You guys should have tried it yourselves and Osborne wouldn't have quit and run away to his new home. I love Nebraska but even I couldn't defend their attitude of "Texas is a big old meany and I can't beat them so I'm leaving". By the way, do some winning in the B1G please. Nebraska fans like to brag about how they moved on to greener pastures but it sure looks like the losing ways have followed along with you. Can't wait to see the game next year with you guys.

October 2, 2010DallasOklahoma (#8)28Texas (#21)20
October 8, 2011DallasOklahoma (#3)55Texas (#11)17
October 13, 2012DallasOklahoma (#13)63Texas (#15)21
October 12, 2013DallasTexas36Oklahoma (#12)20
October 11, 2014DallasOklahoma (#11)31Texas26
October 10, 2015DallasTexas24Oklahoma (#10)17
October 8, 2016DallasOklahoma (#20)45Texas40
October 14, 2017DallasOklahoma (#12)29Texas24
October 6, 2018DallasTexas (#19)48Oklahoma (#7)45
December 1, 2018ArlingtonOklahoma (#5)39Texas (#14)27
October 12, 2019DallasOklahoma (#6)34Texas (#11)27
October 10, 2020DallasOklahoma53Texas (#22)454OT

LOL @Angry Red I do wish Nebraska could get some.. then we would atleast have another win... Cause despite how bad we are.. we just own y'all

We don't ride their dick. We beat their dick into the ground. It's the only way to coexist with Texas. You guys should have tried it yourselves and Osborne wouldn't have quit and run away to his new home. I love Nebraska but even I couldn't defend their attitude of "Texas is a big old meany and I can't beat them so I'm leaving". By the way, do some winning in the B1G please. Nebraska fans like to brag about how they moved on to greener pastures but it sure looks like the losing ways have followed along with you. Can't wait to see the game next year with you guys.

October 2, 2010DallasOklahoma (#8)28Texas (#21)20
October 8, 2011DallasOklahoma (#3)55Texas (#11)17
October 13, 2012DallasOklahoma (#13)63Texas (#15)21
October 12, 2013DallasTexas36Oklahoma (#12)20
October 11, 2014DallasOklahoma (#11)31Texas26
October 10, 2015DallasTexas24Oklahoma (#10)17
October 8, 2016DallasOklahoma (#20)45Texas40
October 14, 2017DallasOklahoma (#12)29Texas24
October 6, 2018DallasTexas (#19)48Oklahoma (#7)45
December 1, 2018ArlingtonOklahoma (#5)39Texas (#14)27
October 12, 2019DallasOklahoma (#6)34Texas (#11)27
October 10, 2020DallasOklahoma53Texas (#22)454OT
Yuck.. and this is why I tell my Horn friends, WE STILL DID BETTER vs ou than that sweaty pig in Ft Worth everyone wants if no Urban.

He's good as gone unless he pulls an undefeated close to the season along with a conference championship. Listening to his post game conference and today's weekly presser.. He didn't sound like a leader.. this asshole really said they need to find an identity, fix the fixable shit, improve rush defense and WRs getting free.... We really gonna do that in two weeks? Like what the hell were you working on since July?

We have a 4yr starting QB who is breaking records at UT and you are telling me we need to find an identity? Get this fraud out of here!!!
I wouldn't see that as totally impossible...especially depending on what happens with rearranged schedules, etc this year.

B-Y-E
Baylor
@ Okie Lite
West Virginia
B-Y-E
@ Kansas
Iowa State
@ K-State

If the totally checked it in Texas only wins if the other team has checked it in worse.

Yuck.. and this is why I tell my Horn friends, WE STILL DID BETTER vs ou than that sweaty pig in Ft Worth everyone wants if no Urban.
WTH? Someone wants Patterson? In Austin?! You have to be kidding, right?

Napier getting calls from Jexas boosters yet?

I wouldn't see that as totally impossible...especially depending on what happens with rearranged schedules, etc this year.

B-Y-E
Baylor
@ Okie Lite
West Virginia
B-Y-E
@ Kansas
Iowa State
@ K-State

If the totally checked it in Texas only wins if the other team has checked it in worse.

We barely beat Tech in Lubbock with an improbable come from behind victory... It's impossible.. ou is the one game this team doesn't need motivation to get up for and they looked dis interested the entire 3rd and almost half the 4th qtr.
WTH? Someone wants Patterson? In Austin?! You have to be kidding, right?
Sadly, no.. People are enamored with his 7-2 record vs UT.. but what has he done outside of consistently owning us? We have finished better than them despite losing 2 out of the past 3 seasons.

Have no idea who is named coach here in December (hopefully sooner), but Sweaty P better not be the guy.

We barely beat Tech in Lubbock with an improbable come from behind victory... It's impossible.. ou is the one game this team doesn't need motivation to get up for and they looked dis interested the entire 3rd and almost half the 4th qtr.

Sadly, no.. People are enamored with his 7-2 record vs UT.. but what has he done outside of consistently owning us? We have finished better than them despite losing 2 out of the past 3 seasons.

Have no idea who is named coach here in December (hopefully sooner), but Sweaty P better not be the guy.
Patterson's name has come up several times in racist accusations that for the time being he has been able to wiggle out of or avoid but I don't think you want to risk it. My impression is that he is a guy that is set in his ways and he makes it work at TCU but I don't see it being a fit in Austin. I would go after Kyle Whittingham before I went after Patterson.

So the Big 12 admitted that the officials in Saturday's Red River Showdown made a clock error, allowing Texas an extra 39 seconds during the fourth quarter. How the hell do these clowns get their jobs anyway? Seriously, a lot of difficult calls are made when things are going wham/bam but a clock mistake? OU has someone in the booth watching clock issues and I assume Texas does too. Riley was trying to explain their mistake to them but they just dug in their heels and said "play ball". My wife was going berserk up in the stands when she first realized what was happening and pointed it out to me. OK, we escaped the lion's den this time but next time what's going to happen if the damn refs can't tell time? I'm surprised they can even count to 4 to keep the downs straight.

So the Big 12 admitted that the officials in Saturday's Red River Showdown made a clock error, allowing Texas an extra 39 seconds during the fourth quarter. How the hell do these clowns get their jobs anyway? Seriously, a lot of difficult calls are made when things are going wham/bam but a clock mistake? OU has someone in the booth watching clock issues and I assume Texas does too. Riley was trying to explain their mistake to them but they just dug in their heels and said "play ball". My wife was going berserk up in the stands when she first realized what was happening and pointed it out to me. OK, we escaped the lion's den this time but next time what's going to happen if the damn refs can't tell time? I'm surprised they can even count to 4 to keep the downs straight.
tenor.gif

Yes, Tom. that's how many times Sam has lost to OU now.
And to four different OU quarterbacks. That's gonna be a trivia question someday.

What does the Big 12 championship matter? I would bet an undefeated one wouldn't make the playoffs. Too weak.
If Iowa State wins the Big Xii, I am buying a T-shirt gosh darnit!

Seeing Bob Stoops to the donghorns being floated on some chatter online.
:L

Texas, being the stand up school it is, found out in the 4th OT and decided to throw the game..
And to four different OU quarterbacks. That's gonna be a trivia question someday.
Yep but they did at least beat Baker and Kyler once a piece.
Seeing Bob Stoops to the donghorns being floated on some chatter online.
:facepalm:
LOL they are trolling with his name, they have also mentioned Mangino, Sumlin, Briles and even Bert.. it's just to say how much Herman sucks ass that they are willing to turn to the absolute depths of shit for any change.

Texas, being the stand up school it is, found out in the 4th OT and decided to throw the game..

Yep but they did at least beat Baker and Kyler once a piece.

LOL they are trolling with his name, they have also mentioned Mangino, Sumlin, Briles and even Bert.. it's just to say how much Herman sucks ass that they are willing to turn to the absolute depths of shit for any change.
I would bet they go for a big name. Patterson isn’t it, especially since he is like .500 the Last few seasons. Biggest reason is boosters are sitting on the checkbooks and I don’t think it is completely Covid related. They aren’t going to open the check book for someone they consider Strong or Herman-like. Another reason Is this Eyes BS. They want someone who can handle it, that doesn’t scream Fleck or Campbell to me. I expect Texas and Urban to have a huge love affair, only to see It end in embarrassment before the deal is done

I would bet they go for a big name. Patterson isn’t it, especially since he is like .500 the Last few seasons. Biggest reason is boosters are sitting on the checkbooks and I don’t think it is completely Covid related. They aren’t going to open the check book for someone they consider Strong or Herman-like. Another reason Is this Eyes BS. They want someone who can handle it, that doesn’t scream Fleck or Campbell to me. I expect Texas and Urban to have a huge love affair, only to see It end in embarrassment before the deal is done
Honestly I think Herman is safe another year unless you guys lose out or most. (doubtful) I agree they want a big name but unless Urban Meyer is in play there is no one realistically that is coming This year. I think Pat Fitzgerald deserves a call (doubt he leaves) but my first call absolutely would be to Campbell.

Officiating this year has been terrible across the board.