Big 12 thread

I think our Pac12 refs have been moonlighting in your conference until Pac12 is finally open for biz.. just to get some practice in! :heh:.

Sorry about that! :beer2:
LHfm5y8Y.jpg
:twitch:

I think they go all out and crash embarrassingly chasing Urban
I still think he’d say yes if it’s a good situation. He wants to coach it seems. But if Texas is coming off a very poor (record wise) year and people plan to transfer I don’t think he’d do it. It I could definitely see Texas getting urban too.

If the falcs continue to tank, they could have a top 3 pick. I’m sure ole Lincoln would like to have Justin Fields. I could see it.

Matt Ryan will be a 49er next year. That’s an easier prediction then the Falcons coaching search.

I wonder which choice most Texas fans would pick if they had to do it right now:

A. Texas fires Herman and the next coach is anyone's guess.
B. Oklahoma loses Riley and throws the Oklahoma program into a tizzy looking for a successor.

I wonder which choice most Texas fans would pick if they had to do it right now:

B. Oklahoma loses Riley and throws the Oklahoma program into a tizzy looking for a successor.
Definitely get a quality coach. As you know I have a lot of respect for Riley’s offensive abilities, but I don’t think he is a masterful HC at this pt in his career. He is doing what he should do. He has a talent advantage and wins, until he doesn’t. That is Texas should be doing at a minimum, but that hasn’t been in the cards for awhile.

A. Lincoln isn't dictating why Tom is floundering.. Hell we went through a period where Mack couldn't beat ou either, but the difference was he beat everyone else with ease.

I have no idea on who will be next, but regardless of who it is, it has to be better than what Tom has done on the field.

A. Lincoln isn't dictating why Tom is floundering.. Hell we went through a period where Mack couldn't beat ou either, but the difference was he beat everyone else with ease.

I have no idea on who will be next, but regardless of who it is, it has to be better than what Tom has done on the field.
History says the picking a coach is generally no better than a coin flip, so you can’t say it will be better. You can only say it will be different.

Herman took over crap.
Had to start building the team.
Has a new O and D coordinators and systems.
Having to deal with the Covid shit.

Not sure what Texas fans expect exactly.
I'd give him a couple more years.

Definitely get a quality coach. As you know I have a lot of respect for Riley’s offensive abilities, but I don’t think he is a masterful HC at this pt in his career. He is doing what he should do. He has a talent advantage and wins, until he doesn’t. That is Texas should be doing at a minimum, but that hasn’t been in the cards for awhile.
:dingdingding:
Best statement in a while. This should be the absolute minimum case for ANY school that attracts the top talent annually and automatically. Losing to those that have less talent (and in many cases A LOT less talent) should only happen in unusual circumstances....of which COVID may be one of those.

Herman took over crap.
Had to start building the team.
Has a new O and D coordinators and systems.
Having to deal with the Covid shit.

Not sure what Texas fans expect exactly.
I'd give him a couple more years.
morgan freeman laughing GIF

geez just looked at Kyle Whittingham.. that guy has ZERO top 10 finishes since PAC play started.. I really do think CDC is going to land the big one.. He did it for Softball and he did it for women's BBall.

I doubt he's gonna settle for these tier 2/3 names

geez just looked at Kyle Whittingham.. that guy has ZERO top 10 finishes since PAC play started.. I really do think CDC is going to land the big one.. He did it for Softball and he did it for women's BBall.

Sucks that if that happens you lose your ability to talk shit about Jimbo's contract. :dhd:

Sucks that if that happens you lose your ability to talk shit about Jimbo's contract. :dhd:
oh how is that so..? You have one win vs FL and now it justifies that contract?? LOL that 75 mil gots you on the right track? Shit you are paying for Saban results and getting more of Stumbling Sumlin

oh how is that so..? You have one win vs FL and now it justifies that contract?? LOL that 75 mil gots you on the right track? Shit you are paying for Saban results and getting more of Stumbling Sumlin
It's still early enough in his contract that we aren't worried, not like he has been shitting the bed for as long as Herman. Whatever you have to pay a big name to take over the crap that is Jexas is going to dwarf the Jimbo contract.

It's still early enough in his contract that we aren't worried, not like he has been shitting the bed for as long as Herman. Whatever you have to pay a big name to take over the crap that is Jexas is going to dwarf the Jimbo contract.
I don't know, they look similar to me TH has gone 7-6; 10-4; 8-5 Jimbo has gone 9-4; 8-5.. Safe to say this is it for Tom.. Jimbo has several more years, let's see if they do well this season.

Dwarf the Jimbo contract? See that's the difference, if they do that for lets say an Urban Meyer, it's worth it. You got Jimbo who is on a decline. He's only won one MNC and has left that place a complete dumpster. Urban did leave FL a dumpster but he left Utah and tosu in a pretty good spot.

I don't know, they look similar to me TH has gone 7-6; 10-4; 8-5 Jimbo has gone 9-4; 8-5.. Safe to say this is it for Tom.. Jimbo has several more years, let's see if they do well this season.

Dwarf the Jimbo contract? See that's the difference, if they do that for lets say an Urban Meyer, it's worth it. You got Jimbo who is on a decline. He's only won one MNC and has left that place a complete dumpster. Urban did leave FL a dumpster but he left Utah and tosu in a pretty good spot.
I hate our QB, so probably not. Never have liked Mond, he doesn't have anything special and will cost us more games than he wins. i'm really excited to see what this kid King is going to bring.

I hate our QB, so probably not. Never have liked Mond, he doesn't have anything special and will cost us more games than he wins. i'm really excited to see what this kid King is going to bring.
he needs to hit the weights this off season hard.. so is Calzada not in the mix at all anymore?

he needs to hit the weights this off season hard.. so is Calzada not in the mix at all anymore?
Calzada looks to be a career backup. Just hope Jimbo doesn't screw up with King like Sumlin did with Allen and Kyler and flip flop them around to the point they both say "screw this".

I do think Kyle is a great coach. I think Kleiman is a great coach. Neither are splashy or flamboyant, they are just good coaches. For those reasons Texas won’t look at them. Oddly the best 3 coaches in modern history at Texas are DKR, Akers, and Mack. DKR is far and away the best and his record was 17-13 before Texas hired him. Akers was 10-13. Mack was 80-69 (.537 win percentage)