BREAKING: Saban Retiring

You couldn't blame any coach for going to talk to them and listen to what they say. The jobs at the top don't come by all that often.

I'm still not ruling out DeBoer at this point. Every top coach is in play.

But that broadcaster at KVAL is fucked if Lanning wasn't actually in Tuscaloosa last night.

Dang, in the last 24 hours Saban, Pete Carroll and Bill Belichick have either been fired or retired. Probably like 3 of the top 5 best coaches of our lifetimes.

Dang, in the last 24 hours Saban, Pete Carroll and Bill Belichick have either been fired or retired. Probably like 3 of the top 5 best coaches of our lifetimes.
Hard for me to believe Belichick is gonna end his career on the worst season of his career.

Come to the Falcons, Bill

one day we will all look back and realize Bill wasn't one of the greatest coaches.. he was just a committed cheater that crossed over every line there was to cross

one day we will all look back and realize Bill wasn't one of the greatest coaches.. he was just a committed cheater that crossed over every line there was to cross
I think his success was directly tied to Tom Brady. Tom left, won a superbowl elsewhere and in that same period Bill crashed and burned.

I woke up this morning just so grateful. The Bear died when I was 5 so I never got to watch and remember him and I grew up with my Daddy and PawPaw telling me stories of Bear Bryant and thinking damn It sucks I never got to see that……..well dammit I got to see something even better. RTR!! I love you Coach Saban

I woke up this morning just so grateful. The Bear died when I was 5 so I never got to watch and remember him and I grew up with my Daddy and PawPaw telling me stories of Bear Bryant and thinking damn It sucks I never got to see that……..well dammit I got to see something even better. RTR!! I love you Coach Saban
I have seen many titles at Bama. Been a fan Since I was 3(1966) and have seen Bear, Stallings, and Saban win many titles. I am proud of the legacy these coaches have left for this University. Saban left before I wanted him to, but he will always be the GOAT to me.

Even though Alabama already knows who the next Coach will be, will they go thru the song and dance of a pretend search ???

one day we will all look back and realize Jimmy Jam wasn't one of the greatest coaches.. he was just a committed cheater that crossed over every line there was to cross
FIFY

Even though Alabama already knows who the next Coach will be, will they go thru the song and dance of a pretend search ???
Think About It GIF by Identity

That’s nice of him, but Satan really should’ve retired for good a few years ago.

The sport really suffered because of his reign of terror. Not sure if the sport can ever truly recover from that. Dude was an insufferable prick either way.

I hope they grab Billy Napier.
I do to because Florida will just botch another hire and then two of our rivals will have sunk their programs.

You can go back to being a Florida fan now.

@Illustrious Potentate

IMHO the search was over and a deal on principle in place before Saban's retirement was announced. So I am going with a big no to your coaching search question, as the portal clock for Bama is open.

IMHO the search was over and a deal on principle in place before Saban's retirement was announced. So I am going with a big no to your coaching search question, as the portal clock for Bama is open.
You can bet that Saban advised his team when he told them, If you want to play for this University, dont do anything rash with the portal because we will hire a new coach very quickly, then you can decide. I wasnt sold on Dan Lanning, but after looking at his resume I think he might be a good fit. Hope its him, if for nothing else than to see the the massive OD meltdown.

Back