Buick Encore

Not sure why I thought an Encore was a small suv.

Not sure why I thought an Encore was a small suv.
because it is...

2018-buick-encore-in-depth-model-review-car-and-driver-photo-701888-s-original.jpg

You just got GnG'd.

Buick Avista...

Since for some reason I looked it up.

I’m not sure I can decide what is the bigger sin here, starting a thread that’s just a picture of a car without explanation or context or that the picture isn’t even the car in the title of the thread. So much fail here.

I’m not sure I can decide what is the bigger sin here, starting a thread that’s just a picture of a car without explanation or context or that the picture isn’t even the car in the title of the thread. So much fail here.
The car in the picture was never even produced... This is like inception level GnG work.

“That’s not a Buick!”

Looks pretty good from the side. Pillarless, fastback….that’s nice. Turbo charged 3.0L V-6….400 hp.

Alas, this was just a concept car. Reaction to it was strong, but Buick decided against making it.

“That’s not a Buick!”

Looks pretty good from the side. Pillarless, fastback….that’s nice. Turbo charged 3.0L V-6….400 hp.

Alas, this was just a concept car. Reaction to it was strong, but Buick decided against making it.
They probably did a field poll at a retirement village and determined it didn’t resonate with their core audience.

I want to see a pic of the new Pontiac.

I’ve always wondered how Buick survived when Oldsmobile, Pontiac, Mercury and Plymouth had to close down. Apparently the Chinese see Buicks the way Americans see BMWs. Weird.

The 1987 Buick GNX was the second fastest production car in the world, behind only a Lamborghini

I’ve always wondered how Buick survived when Oldsmobile, Pontiac, Mercury and Plymouth had to close down. Apparently the Chinese see Buicks the way Americans see BMWs. Weird.
Word

I would much rather have had Pontiac stick around. But for decades, all those GM divisions just put out clones of the same car, they were all redundant and they needed to shutter several lines. Chevrolet historically had the biggest share of the market and Cadillac was the luxury line, so they survived. They might have flipped coins to decide which ones of Buick, Olds, and Pontiac got killed off

And I wood totes drive that car in the OP if they gave me one

Word

I would much rather have had Pontiac stick around. But for decades, all those GM divisions just put out clones of the same car, they were all redundant and they needed to shutter several lines. Chevrolet historically had the biggest share of the market and Cadillac was the luxury line, so they survived. They might have flipped coins to decide which ones of Buick, Olds, and Pontiac got killed off
Oldsmobile had a marketing campaign that said something like “not the same old Oldsmobile you’re used to” which didn’t attract any new buyers and turned away their old customer base. I think they were the first to go, followed soon by Plymouth.

Pontiac was just making some butt ugly cars towards the end.

But GM having 5 car brands was a bit of overkill.

Not many Oldsmobiles left on the road, what Buick’s you see are usually granny’s grocery and church wagon

Plymouth’s really were just a Dodge with a different emblem, hell sometimes they were too lazy to even change the name. There’s a Dodge and a Plymouth Neon. Both equally shitty