Buick Encore

No offense, but that seems like a bit of a beta move.
10 threads are shown. If you're not interested in the pf, why let half of those 10 be taken up by shit?

Reactions: ill
10 threads are shown. If you're not interested in the pf, why let half of those 10 be taken up by shit?
and how many of those threads are "Libtards waaaaaaah" or "Biden waaaaaaaah"?

and how many of those threads are "Libtards waaaaaaah" or "Biden waaaaaaaah"?
Based on what I see on the other site, probably 2/3-3/4 of them

Based on what I see on the other site, probably 2/3-3/4 of them
yea, I'll just keep it blocked.

I have the other site's PF unblocked as well but don't interact much.

Word

I would much rather have had Pontiac stick around. But for decades, all those GM divisions just put out clones of the same car, they were all redundant and they needed to shutter several lines. Chevrolet historically had the biggest share of the market and Cadillac was the luxury line, so they survived. They might have flipped coins to decide which ones of Buick, Olds, and Pontiac got killed off
This is well said. Back before my time you could get a car that shared the same platform as other GM brands, but that was it. The separate units made their own body designs and styling. The oversight from GM was rather minimal. They just had to stay in the tiers the brands had been set in. And even in the 60s muscle car era this was blurred. Pontiac, Olds and Buick were, not carbon copies, but they all started to meld into each other’s areas. Still….some great eras. Mid to late 50s Chevy. Mid 60s Pontiac. Late 60s to early 70s Olds and Buick.

Once the malaise era hit and most of the brands had already started playing in each other’s fields it just became natural to make them all similar copies. To be fair…there is vast savings and efficiencies doing it this way. And they needed all of that to try to survive what the marketplace became.

However, this made for bland and uninspired cars across the board. By the early 2000s I understood why they had to trim it all back.

I would have loved to see Pontiac stay. Olds reached its end as it was, and not a huge fan of Buick anymore. But, with the more recent move to bring models back and make them modern with a take on the past Pontiac could have been big again. They had a massive catalog in history to work from.

It just seems weak to me. Like you lack the willpower to avoid it if it’s shown to you.
I can respect that. And I’m one who blocked it. At the time it WAS an effort to not let myself get sucked into all that noise. I feel less tempted to be sucked into political shit anymore….I think.

If that reads beta to you that’s fine, I can appreciate that viewpoint. While it does take the pf posts out of my view thats not the real value. The real value is that it doesn’t give me the easy outlet to the noise that just isn’t very healthy.

Re-reading this reply….that sounds damn beta. It’s not the way I choose to see it, but I can see the view.

That’s only annoying on game day in college football season. College football is the bread and butter of both Hoops

I remember when I was a kid, my grandma got a brand new 1989 Oldsmobile 88... bright white with blacked out windows and leather seats. She thought she was a fancy lil' bad ass.
There's a 67% chance gramgram sold it to Paco from 'roun'-da-cowna' in 1995 and Paco put some gold spoke rims on it.

I would have loved to see Pontiac stay. Olds reached its end as it was, and not a huge fan of Buick anymore. But, with the more recent move to bring models back and make them modern with a take on the past Pontiac could have been big again. They had a massive catalog in history to work from.
Would love to see a resurrected Firebird.

One of the best cars I ever had was a 93 Grand Am 5 speed, that thing would haul.

That’s only annoying on game day in college football season. College football is the bread and butter of both Hoops
Well... This hoop. The CFB board is kind of dead over there, and was during the last season (granted, it was a weird year)