Bundesliga 2020/2021 Ongoing Thread

Watched some Under 21 European Championship yesterday, Germany vs Denmark quarterfinals. A Mai sighting there. Gave up an attrocious penalty in extra time but Germany survived penalties. French had both Konate/Upamacano starting on defense. Interesting. Those two not good enough for French senior Euro squad, but worse Leipzig defenders Halzenburg/Klosterman are good enough for Germany. French must have a deep defense.
I heard Upamecano was pretty good the other day.

Never got to my final season ratings:

Lewandowski A++
Muller A+
Kimmich A-
Neuer A-
Goretzka B+
Chopo B+ (in minimal duty only)
Hernandez B
Musiala B
Javi B (in minimal duty only)
Coman B-
Pavard B-
Sane C+
Gnabry C
Alaba C-
Boateng C-
Davies C-
Sule D
Roca D+
Tolisso D-
Nianzou F+
Costa F (he got one goal)
Sarr F-----

Hansi B

Dantas, Nubel, a few others N/A

For a few of them I took off a 1/2 grade (or more) just for the pitiful PSG games some put forward. You know who the guilty parties are there...and the snow games.

We'll see how that goes. Was on Bayern list. Got sacked by PSV though in 2019. I guess all coaches get sacked eventually.

Florian Wirtz looked good today for Germany. Youngest player on the team. Long term probably the best. How much longer will Leverkusen keep him. Signed him for 200K Euros, now worth 45 mil. Nice deal for Leverkusen. Just turned 18 in May.

Florian Wirtz looked good today for Germany. Youngest player on the team. Long term probably the best. How much longer will Leverkusen keep him. Signed him for 200K Euros, now worth 45 mil. Nice deal for Leverkusen. Just turned 18 in May.
Hopefully he stays in the Bundesliga. Problem is, only a few teams pay for premium players, thus leading to EPL vultures sweeping in.

We'll see how that goes. Was on Bayern list. Got sacked by PSV though in 2019. I guess all coaches get sacked eventually.
You see Ancelotti is with RM again, speaking of coaches?

Never got to my final season ratings:

Lewandowski A++
Muller A+
Kimmich A-
Neuer A-
Goretzka B+
Chopo B+ (in minimal duty only)
Hernandez B
Musiala B
Javi B (in minimal duty only)
Coman B-
Pavard B-
Sane C+
Gnabry C
Alaba C-
Boateng C-
Davies C-
Sule D
Roca D+
Tolisso D-
Nianzou F+
Costa F (he got one goal)
Sarr F-----

Hansi B

Dantas, Nubel, a few others N/A

For a few of them I took off a 1/2 grade (or more) just for the pitiful PSG games some put forward. You know who the guilty parties are there...and the snow games.
I'd say I agree with these. Kimmich was an A+ for me. Hard to grade guys like Roca and Nianzou due to the most minimal playing time ever. Glad you had Chuopo graded like you did. He earned his extension through 2023.

On another note, now those RL rumors are a little more real with his vague answers to questions being posed to him of late.

I'd say I agree with these. Kimmich was an A+ for me. Hard to grade guys like Roca and Nianzou due to the most minimal playing time ever. Glad you had Chuopo graded like you did. He earned his extension through 2023.

On another note, now those RL rumors are a little more real with his vague answers to questions being posed to him of late.
I gave Kimmich an A- because after his injury he had some inconsistency and some of his corner crosses were not good. In fact, Bayern overall were not great on set pieces if I remember right.

Lewey is signed through 2023. Funny to read the Daily Mail that he could leave this summer for Chelsea or Barcelona. I don't see it. Barcelona for one is in debt and like Read Madrid are signing free transfers.

You see Ancelotti is with RM again, speaking of coaches?

Saw that. Everton flopped at the end and were never going to compete in EPL. Safety move for Real.

Hopefully he stays in the Bundesliga. Problem is, only a few teams pay for premium players, thus leading to EPL vultures sweeping in.
Next season with fans back, money will pick up again. Bayern should sell Sule to Chelsea and add from that. Florian Neuhaus still on Bayern Radar I see. I expect a better Sane and Gnabry next year too.

Well that is not good for Dortmund. I was looking at Dortmund next season and said this is the year they win the Bundesliga. Not so if this happens.

Weghorst has a goal for the Netherlands today. They need him if the have any hope.

FYI: If you like Germany, Under 21 Euro final at noon PST on ESPN2. Actually it is under 23's allowed.

Hummels always had that outside of boot touch.

Hummels always had that outside of boot touch.

Very nice indeed but Latvia trash. Interesting if Germany finish 3rd behind Portugal and France in Group play they can still qualify for knockout rounds somehow. I need to look at Euro rules.

Looking more and more like Bayern will sell Coman. Bayern have stopped negotiating with Zahavi, his agent.

Looking more and more like Bayern will sell Coman. Bayern have stopped negotiating with Zahavi, his agent.
Yeah. They are on a budget now. They lost out on Wijnaldum yesterday.

Yeah. They are on a budget now. They lost out on Wijnaldum yesterday.
Also it appears Sancho going to ManU...so he and Rashford start and Coman sits on the bench. He is not going to ManU if Sancho goes to ManU.