Bundesliga 2022/2023

Bad day for Freiburg and Union. Looks like one of those two won't make UCL. Probably Union. Bad for Leverkusen yesterday too. Schalke still out of relegation with Bochum and Stuttgart losing. Hertha still alive with a win.

Wow another Bayern shitshow in the first half. 1 shot on goal. Why is Mane playing? Horrible. Gnabry invisible. Nothing clinical in the box. Midfield playing in a circle and nothing through the middle. Looks like German National Team.

Well a decent second half but still. Ugh. Really slacked off on defense as usual this season. Only decent defenders out there were the center backs. One thing about Sommer. He is too short. That Bremen goal I bet guys like Courtois and Neuer would have saved that. A couple guys sitting on 4 yellow cards too. Kimmich, De Ligt, and I think Sane. Would have been nice to get the 5th ones out of the way with Schalke next week and not next week with Leipzig the following week.

Whoa Dortmund just rolled Wolfsburg. I think I heard yesterday it has been a long time since Wolfsburg has beaten Dortmund. Bayern tied a record yesterday. 27 games without a loss to Werder. Leverkusen at 26 without a loss to Gladbach. Bayern needs to watch more Leverkusen games in regards to Gladbach.

It is amazing how Bayern can butcher so many chances in front of net. :facepalm:

Spoke too soon. Muller time.

Gnabry starting to heat up.

Well tomorrow the big one. Probably need to beat Leipzig unless Dortmund becomes Dortmund lol, Sommer is going ill , so may not play. Chopo done for the year. I am starting Pavard and De Ligt at center back. Game is ripe for an Upa red card. Tel needs to play some; Müller must start. My lineup:

Gnabry
Musiala Müller Coman
Kimmich Goretzka
Mazraoui Pavard De Ligt Cancelo
Sommer/Ulreich

Looking at the standings, if Union wins today, and goal differential the tie-breaker, they make the Champions League. Incredible for such a small club and where they have come from. Would be one of the biggest achievements in the Bundesliga in a long time. No one overachieves like this team has since being promoted. Urs Fischer what a coach...and he gets no press for what he has done. He should be getting offers at bigger clubs. Good article on him:

I step outside for a second and Gnabry scores.
5 goals in 4 games. Bayern could have had more if Muller, Coman, and Musiala more clinical. Lost the ESPN+ feed. Game has me nervous.

Kimmich's corners are pretty underwhelming this year.
All year terrible. They score like 1 out 30 Kimmich corners. Before Kimmich took they were like 1 out of 12 a few years back.

Looking at the standings, if Union wins today, and goal differential the tie-breaker, they make the Champions League. Incredible for such a small club and where they have come from. Would be one of the biggest achievements in the Bundesliga in a long time. No one overachieves like this team has since being promoted. Urs Fischer what a coach...and he gets no press for what he has done. He should be getting offers at bigger clubs. Good article on him:

And they choked. Now need a win versus Werder.

I must say, Cancelo has been pretty good recently. You just know the purchase option will not be activated, though.

Bundesliga drifting away