Ceiling Fan Installation

bad day falling GIF by Nest

Sweet. I saw a bunch of Hunter brand fans that looked nice.

The pic I posted is a Hunter from Menards.

Nice and quiet. LED bulbs.

My only regret is it's not remote control. So if I want to reverse the fan direction I need the step ladder.
I agree with using Hunter. I've replaced static light fixtures with Hunter fan/light fixtures multiple times in every house I've owned. I've never been disappointed. They come with easy to follow instructions, they're reasonably easy to assemble & mount, they're quiet and have good built-in balancing - so even if your house's existing fixture isn't perfectly level the fan will still be well balanced.

One additional suggestion: if you have a competent indian in your tribe that you trust to relay tools, hardware and parts to you as you dismount and mount the fixtures, recruit them to be your assistant... It beats climbing up and down a ladder thirty times and it never hurts to teach your indians new things for their future self-sufficiency. And if you're a good chief, they'll be interested in helping you with future projects.

That might be an issue. 12' ceiling and the bed is under the fan. I might be able to set the ladder right at the foot of the bed and be able to reach.

Gonna be exciting.
Installing the fan isn’t that big of a deal. If the fan isn’t balanced then it’s a pain in the ass but the fan should come with a balancing kit.

If you haven’t bought the fan make sure it is a wobble free model

Word. I was hanging party lights on my pergola by the pool and the ladder slipped out from under me on uneven ground. Fortunately, I was able to hang off the support beam of the pergola and drop down to the hearth of the fireplace. It was a little sketchy, though.
I was hanging Christmas lights in a tight space and didn’t have the ladder tilted out enough and the bitch started falling backwards. Luckily I was able to grab a decorative balcony that was on the house or I would have looked like Clark Griswold.

That might be an issue. 12' ceiling and the bed is under the fan. I might be able to set the ladder right at the foot of the bed and be able to reach.

Gonna be exciting.
If you get a big enough ladder, at 10', you should be able to go over the corner of the bed, or MOVE THE FUCKING BED!

Installing the fan isn’t that big of a deal. If the fan isn’t balanced then it’s a pain in the ass but the fan should come with a balancing kit.

If you haven’t bought the fan make sure it is a wobble free model
the higher end ones dont even come with balancing kits they come pre-balanced from the factory

I'm thinking about doing it myself, but I don't know shit. Wondering if you guys think I should do it or not.

We want a ceiling fan with lights in our master bedroom. It was roughed in when they built the house, so there is a plastic plate in the center of the ceiling where it would go, and two switches for the fan and the lights on the wall, so I'm assuming it's pretty much plug-and-play, but what the fuck do I know?

Any advice?

@Peter Gozintite
@Parka

I wouldn't be the guy for advice. I did install one myself though 3 years ago.

Mount it securely would be my tip. Any wobbling will limit fan life and likely drive you nuts.

Don't forget to get a Smart Ceiling Fan so you can control it by Alexa.... :beer2: